AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

He looked like he had a role further up the ground than I'd noticed in previous weeks. Not sure if anyone has access to those heatmaps or anything to confirm.
I saw him around stoppages a few times, still got nowhere near the ball. I do wonder if he is up to the grade at the moment. He doesn't seem to be impacting the game in any capacity at the moment. At least Davey showed something (albeit his execution was poor).

Menzie can’t stay in - in his 5 games as a small forward he’s kicked just 1 goal - add to that the fact he averages just 6 possessions and 1 tackle a game….simply not good enough…!!

Shiel or Tsatas would offer much more than Menzie - he's a VFL player at best

Menzie can’t stay in - in his 5 games as a small forward he’s kicked just 1 goal - add to that the fact he averages just 6 possessions and 1 tackle a game….simply not good enough…!!

Shiel or Tsatas would offer much more than Menzie - he's a VFL player at best
It's no secret I don't really rate him but I'd keep him in for now (if his shoulder? is ok). I think we look better with him and Davey both trying to apply pressure rather than just one of them.

Definitely would like to draft/poach a quality small forward at the end of the year, however.

Ned Cahill mark 2 - except can't dance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's no secret I don't really rate him but I'd keep him in for now (if his shoulder? is ok). I think we look better with him and Davey both trying to apply pressure rather than just one of them.

Definitely would like to draft/poach a quality small forward at the end of the year, however.
At the moment that's where his value is for me, just applying pressure. He can live off being an extra number if all are applying pressure. The cupboard is bare for smalls.
Tex - injured
JDavey - not ready
Guelfi - injured

I mean, we could play Hind?
Has Lual ever played a small forward role?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back