AFL Player #47: Jye Menzie

Remove this Banner Ad

Is he better than Corey Dell'olio yet?

I think it will greatly benefit he and us in the long run. Has the skillset to be a Sam Switkowski type small forward and that is probably the position I want the most.
Maybe. But if he backed himself we win.

Weird game.

Created so many scoring opportunities in the difficult conditions in the 3rd. Was the only way we looked like scoring.

Got an extremely lucky goal that bounced over about 5 players but missed 2 sitters.

Struggled playing higher when we had the wind.

Weird game.

Created so many scoring opportunities in the difficult conditions in the 3rd. Was the only way we looked like scoring.

Got an extremely lucky goal that bounced over about 5 players but missed 2 sitters.

Struggled playing higher when we had the wind.
I only watched the last shot he had, it wasnt a sitter. That ball was rolling weird and he was running at full speed trying to soccer it.

Menzie is a weird player though. He will do something insanely hard and make it look easy, and he will make easy stuff look hard.

I only watched the last shot he had, it wasnt a sitter. That ball was rolling weird and he was running at full speed trying to soccer it.

Menzie is a weird player though. He will do something insanely hard and make it look easy, and he will make easy stuff look hard.

It was a really good day but, given the quality of his finishing to date, a few uncharacteristically moments cost us the game.

I think he has to be demoted from a 6.5-7/10 to 5-5.5 because of it.

I have high hopes. I think the bad in what we are seeing, not finding a stack of the ball as a half forward, and not being able to use his speed in defence, is largely system based.

I'd really like to see him play AFL. I think he would end up looking the part.

Combination of scheduling and technology issues means I haven't seen the match v Southport yet.

Got to say, as someone who generally places little weight on possessions, I am please to see 20 possessions next to his name. That sort of accumulation has not been a feature of Menzie's game to date.

Debut has to be getting close.

Probably 3rd or 4th best on the weekend behind Bryan and Stewart, with Mass being the other one who could have been included. Looks like he's getting a more rounded game in general. Pressure is still down but I reckon if that improves this week or next he'll get his chance.

Probably 3rd or 4th best on the weekend behind Bryan and Stewart, with Mass being the other one who could have been included. Looks like he's getting a more rounded game in general. Pressure is still down but I reckon if that improves this week or next he'll get his chance.
ive missed the VFL games since he's joined.

what mould of small does he fit into from a current AFL player perspective?

ive missed the VFL games since he's joined.

what mould of small does he fit into from a current AFL player perspective?
I don't like player comparisons in general but he does play a bit like early Raz.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back