Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

I recall only a handful of yrs ago small fwds would dine out on us & now it's our boys that can do it to them. it's fantastic
That is true , the closest I can recall to our setup was when the blooze had betts, Garlett and yarran up forward , every time it went i50 , we d be shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Liam Baker.....

Born 27/01/98
175cm approx
70kg approx

That’s a fukn huge baby. I’m a bit concerned he hasn’t progressed much since then

Last edited:
That is true , the closest I can recall to our setup was when the blooze had betts, Garlett and yarran up forward , every time it went i50 , we d be shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit
Milne played his best games against us as well.
they'd all fail on the big stage tho but our guys have already proven they are up to it.

From a poster bigfooty who follows Subiaco

he's small but he's got some fire in the belly. hard at it little campaigner. he's pretty quick and applies defencive pressure. can push up high, although he didnt quite have the legs yet to run in the midfield at WAFL level

he did improve a shitload through out the year though in terms of running out games and being able to put in a 4 qtr effort

he was overlooked in last years draft. he actually wasnt a listed subi player. he's colts club was west perth. he apparently was ready to give the game away, as he couldnt make the commute from south of the river to joondalup, which is very north of the river. issue was he needed a job to make ends meet, so he had an apprenticeship, but couldnt make training in joondalup due to it. so subi then inquired about him (subi are pretty much CBD, 5 mins from the river), so it just aligned better for him, where he could work and still make training. west perth them released him to help the kid out. rest is history.

I hereby announce that this young man will be referred to as Snake Baker on this forum.

He deserves far more respect than that.

Everyone associated with the club deserves more respect than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a hate crime.
In that we hate Snake Baker, perhaps.
But what if he comes good.
Imagine he is BoG v the LOLs.
Every post we @ Snake.
Picture, if you will, his wailing and gnashing of teeth.
Can you not taste the sweet schadenfreude?

lmfao another small to the list and another small fwd at that. we want to hope the other clubs dont work us out because we just dont have any other option than play mostly small.Theres no changing things up for us.

Last time i looked we played no more than three small fwds at any given time yet we have 10 smalls on the list who primarily play fwd. on top of that we also have 5 small mids and another 5 small defenders. 20 smalls on the list its unbelievable.

And in the mean time the list remains short on medium types in all areas, kpp,s. and we have just two genuinely big ball winning mids caddy, and Martin. One of them Caddy spends a lot of time fwd because we lack talls.
Yet here we are taking another small fwd in the rookie draft its not as if we just had to have this kid.Anyway good luck to him but i dont get the logic or lack there of.

Don't know him personally but he's from a ripper country family.

He's an astute selection - his WAFL GF performance in particular was very good, had him as one of Subiaco's best against a side full of Fremantle players. He's very tough at it and has good skills. A very honest player, you know what you'll get from him.

I really hope he does well with you.

That’s a fukn huge baby. I’m a bit concerned he hasn’t progressed much since then

That made me laugh.....:D....Cheers:thumbsu:

lmfao another small to the list and another small fwd at that. we want to hope the other clubs dont work us out because we just dont have any other option than play mostly small.Theres no changing things up for us.

Last time i looked we played no more than three small fwds at any given time yet we have 10 smalls on the list who primarily play fwd. on top of that we also have 5 small mids and another 5 small defenders. 20 smalls on the list its unbelievable.

And in the mean time the list remains short on medium types in all areas, kpp,s. and we have just two genuinely big ball winning mids caddy, and Martin. One of them Caddy spends a lot of time fwd because we lack talls.
Yet here we are taking another small fwd in the rookie draft its not as if we just had to have this kid.Anyway good luck to him but i dont get the logic or lack there of.
1311246801_cute_baby_sloth_yawns.gif

Talls are Astbury, Rance, Nank, Griff, Jack, Moore, Chol, Soldo, Hammer, CuJo, Noah and Miller. Some hope that Moore and the newbies can fill a need even if Griff, Hammer and Chol are possible delistees in 2018.

Mediums include Grimes, Grigg, Flossy, Garthy, Kmac, Menadue (in time), Caddy, Townsend.

In both mediums and talls we dont have much depth but there is quality at the top end.

Regardless of size I like the template we are using in drafting. 1. You need to be able to play. 2. You need to be able to run (either fast or long, preferably both)

And yet we just won a flag. *in crazy!

I reckon you would whinge mid root you are that down.

And yet we just won a flag. ****in crazy!

I reckon you would whinge mid root you are that down.

Can't please everyone lol even if you win the flag.I'm still over the moon wouldn't even complain even if we drafted a bush league player at pick 17 especially with Balme at the helm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back