Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeh I get that, but theres only so many you can play at a time. We dont need THAT much depth of small forwards.
The REAL plan is to load up on small forwards. Win a second premiership with our current game plan and then offload said small forwards for other players looking for a destination club. With these new players revise the game plan and win another couple of premierships while we leave everyone else trying to replicate our old game plan ;)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Talls are Astbury, Rance, Nank, Griff, Jack, Moore, Chol, Soldo, Hammer, CuJo, Noah and Miller. Some hope that Moore and the newbies can fill a need even if Griff, Hammer and Chol are possible delistees in 2018.

Mediums include Grimes, Grigg, Flossy, Garthy, Kmac, Menadue (in time), Caddy, Townsend.

In both mediums and talls we dont have much depth but there is quality at the top end.

Regardless of size I like the template we are using in drafting. 1. You need to be able to play. 2. You need to be able to run (either fast or long, preferably both)

...and you need to be able to tackle.

The rookie list is now 2 talls, 2 smalls. & Derek ~ a medium.
We had success with Castagna coming off the rookie list and cementing a spot in the team & Soldo getting upgraded to the main list.

If we could get one more player off this list getting regular senior games next year it would be a huge bonus.

I reckon it might be Moore.

But Balta, & the rest of the draftees look ready to play. So Moore may have missed his chance.

this week's vfl report:
Liam Baker

23 disposals, 12 handball receives, six tackles, five clearances and one goal

“Liam Baker’s another who’s in really good form. He played as a mid-forward and he had over 20 disposals as well as kicking a goal and setting up many others with his great skill going inside-50.”

liking this little man. seemingly recruited as a small forward but has been playing mostly in the midfield and showing a lot.

anyone else like the baker? where does he show the most promise and what are his knocks?

I think the progress of guys like Baker and Stengle will be the reason why the club will be happy to move on Bolton at the end of the year.

At the very least we'll be in no rush to jump for any demands he and Carr will probably have.

I think the progress of guys like Baker and Stengle will be the reason why the club will be happy to move on Bolton at the end of the year.

At the very least we'll be in no rush to jump for any demands he and Carr will probably have.
Wooooooowwwwweeeeee settle down mate.

No as he’s a WA boy so mopsy may know more on him. I’m impressed that a rookie in his first season can come in and have an impact so early. He seems to be getting better with more games and the club has hopes on him having a tangle in the midfield which is what i like as it gives us flexibility and versatility.

http://m.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-27/baker-a-tiger-rookie

Agreed, especially at his size to be doing it in the midfield FFS.

Reports are he is an angry ant and hard as a cats head, just goes to show, size isnt everything.

Agreed, especially at his size to be doing it in the midfield FFS.

Reports are he is an angry ant and hard as a cats head, just goes to show, size isnt everything.
You've made Tiger71 feel a lot better. You're a good friend to him :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stengle for me.
Watched both closely in a game against Casey, Stengle was in and out of the game whereas Baker stayed engaged, even if it was just laying heavy hurtful tackles. Not saying you are wrong, just that there was a lot more to like about Baker in a sample of just one game;)

Agree with this

Even though i would hate to lose Bolton the club CANNOT be dictated to by 1st/2nd year players who think their sh!t dont stink,We made this mistake with Lemon and buckled but cannot not do that again.

He is a player that has a huge amount of 'Potential' But its still only potential and nothing more, He either takes what is on the table or we can trade him to freo or west coast if thats where he wants to go and they want him.

Pick #20-#25 about his range or lets get into their kids like Brander/Cerra and lets party

Have a very funny story re Liam and paint ball on the Sunshine Coast Camp, but it’s not for public consumption.
Needless to say, it emphasises his tenacity and general effervescence as a footballer. Coupled with his skill, he could be very dangerous.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back