Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Overall, if it takes longer than a day to find one instance of squibbing it in 7 rounds of footy this year, I think he's pretty much a tough campaigner :)

There is absolutely no way anyone can fairly say Baker is a squib, he is the total opposite.

There can be reasons other than fear for pulling out of contests sometimes. Sometimes you can be uncertain as to whether you may be spoiling a teammate for example.

So I am with you here k3. Tough campaigner. 😁

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
I didn't call him a squib I said he squibbed it once
Fair enough. I feel like you should wash your keyboard out after typing Baker and squib in the same sentence.
Those images of him going back with the flight and actually sticking the mark are etched in my mind. Incredible skills the guy has got we need to freshen players a bit. Looks like Baker is thriving in the different role.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
I've said baker squibbed it once. I've said baker is tough and hard as nails about 45 times.
Perhaps I am wrong

giphy.gif

FTP

Debutant
Mar 24, 2021
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hey Tigers Fans,

On our blog each week we discuss interesting developments occurring in the AFL and provide analysis.

One of the topics this week is Liam Baker and how important he is to the dynamics of a premiership winning team. I love the way he goes about his footy.

https://footytalkingpoints.com.au/2021/05/05/ftp-7/

Would love to hear your thoughts on him as Richmond fans

Cheers

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey Tigers Fans,

On our blog each week we discuss interesting developments occurring in the AFL and provide analysis.

One of the topics this week is Liam Baker and how important he is to the dynamics of a premiership winning team. I love the way he goes about his footy.

https://footytalkingpoints.com.au/2021/05/05/ftp-7/

Would love to hear your thoughts on him as Richmond fans

Cheers
He is a 2 time premiership player, not 3 time ;)

Nice work though.

Mr Unbelievable

Premium Platinum
Nov 27, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Arsenal
He is so smart and balanced, how many times he takes a quick kick on opposite foot, when in tight and delivers a nice pass is unreal. For instance, he will be running and realise someone is on his ass then mid stride, or mid kicking action he will change his decision and deliver.

edit: spelling

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Just love watching this bloke play, clean hands, rarely fumbles, very good kick, tackles hard, hard as a cats head, can mark.

Have we found another midfielder?
Once we have a full side back, I dont think Dimma will play him there.

However he should 100% play forward and not back. His talents aren't fully utilised down back.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Once we have a full side back, I dont think Dimma will play him there.

However he should 100% play forward and not back. His talents aren't fully utilised down back.
He's very handy on the inside, defensive work around stoppages is top notch, his spread and delivery on the outside is also high grade.

I guess Mansell playing has released him to play Lamberts role. We really need a defensive small to come in and release Baker to Fwd/Mid.

Wowee how good was it seeing a late rookie draft selection playing his first AFL game in the midfield not taking a backwards step against a rolls royce midfield full of inside top 10 draft picks and putting them to the sword

Back