Player Watch #48 Michael "Grassy" Knoll - ruckman

connolly

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Persis Solo, Davao Aguilas FC
He had 15 tackles for Box Hill in a VFL game last year :eek:
That's a really good stat for a ruckman. Sounds like his rovers were getting thrashed by the opposition. Its what we need is a big ruckman clearing out physically the opposition at the stoppages. He's certainly big enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick Oxlong

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Sydney

replicant

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Thread starter #56
I guess when meeting all his new Swans team mates (who all seem NBA mad) they will be slightly in awe of Grassy from playing against Simmons

Hoop dreams to AFL draftee: Swans recruit faced off with NBA's Simmons

https://www.outline.com/4YsKth
and only heard from Beatson the night before the draft

momentbymoment

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
I am on the Knoll train simply because I have no faith in any of the other rucks in our system and I have been calling for Sinclair to go forward for over a year. Without the ruck duties he would make a pretty good forward.

SwansProudly

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Thread starter #58
I am on the Knoll train simply because I have no faith in any of the other rucks in our system and I have been calling for Sinclair to go forward for over a year. Without the ruck duties he would make a pretty good forward.
I'm on the Knoll train as well as I think Sinclair's body is weary from the non-stop ruck load the last 2 seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Syd

Kiss my Assterisk*
AFL Club
Sydney
Sinclair forward in place of who?
I’m liking the Reid/McCartin/Blakey combo

Add in Buddy with Papley/Hayward and no room for Sinkers imo

mikey_san

Club Legend
AFL Club
Sydney
Give Sinkers a week or two off first to recover and yep agree.
It'd be a bloody great story if they threw Knoll on first game. They might want to see how he goes v the top of the table Brissy NEAFL team though - Archi Smith apparently a good ruck now if he is playing.
But I'd seriously just chuck him in, no Gazza or Danger - he'll be fine.

Bloodied52

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Sydney
Project player, but I like it. Seems to be in the same mould as Pyke in that he just wants to learn and improve and make that his focus. Surely we don't see him at AFL level in 2019 though?
Let's see how he goes in the 2s. Sinkers is struggling.

Hope he starts in the ruck and Cameron plays forward. He looks like a pure ruckman from all accounts.

The Gong

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Northern Districts Tigers
Let's see how he goes in the 2s. Sinkers is struggling.

Hope he starts in the ruck and Cameron plays forward. He looks like a pure ruckman from all accounts.
Does he go straight in to playing for the magoos? Be keen to see how he goes. It would be a miracle rise to the top if he plays seniors this year considering he's only played the game for two years.

Top Bottom