Past Michael "Grassy" Knoll - delisted 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

sQFtvuIQ.jpg

Michael Knoll

Player Profile

Michael Knoll stamped a stunning rise from US college basketball to Australian rules football when the Sydney Swans snapped him up at the 2019 mid-season draft. The 205-centimetre, 103-kilogram ruckman played his first game of footy with the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL in 2017, before playing with Vermont’s reserves in the Eastern Football League in 2019. He then made the switch to the Swans from the South Adelaide Panthers in the SANFL. Knoll made solid progress in the NEAFL under the expert eye of Sydney assistant coach Dean Cox in 2019, and he’s on a mission to make his AFL debut in 2020.

Michael Knoll

DOB: 27 February 1993
DRAFT: 2018
RECRUITED FROM: Box Hill Hawks (VFL)/Vermont (Vic)/South Adelaide (SANFL)

Last edited:
Welcome from 2019 mid season draft
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2019-05-27/pick-four-michael-knoll
Michael Knoll
Club: South Adelaide Football Club
Height: 205cm
Weight: 103kg
Position: Ruckman

Michael Knoll is a ruckman who can also impact as a forward. The 26-year-old has joined Callum Sinclair, Sam Naismith, Darcy Cameron, Hayden McLean and Joel Amartey in the Swans' developing ruck department. Formerly with the Box Hill Hawks in the VFL, Knoll signed with South Adelaide in the SANFL ahead of season 2019.

Last edited:

Wow I can't believe we landed Simon Madden in the mid-season rookie draft
Hopefully Dean Cox has a very big :) on his face tonight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those wondering about his ability to ruck

I've compiled a list of attributes required to a swans #1 ruckmen over the past 15 years.

1) Be Tall

Did I miss anything?

For those wondering about his ability to ruck

I've compiled a list of attributes required to a swans #1 ruckmen over the past 15 years.

1) Be Tall

Did I miss anything?
To be honest you don't even really need to be that tall...

*cough**deano**cough*

A former basketballer ! :)

Scouting notes: WAFL vs. SANFL State Game

#33 Michael Knoll
The former basketballer was a deserving winner of the Foss Williams Medal (South Australia’s Best on Ground medal) in the Croweater’s victory over the Sandgropers. He finished with 15 possessions, 31 hitouts, five marks, four tackles and three inside 50s.

https://afl.draftcentral.com.au/2019/05/14/scouting-notes-wafl-vs-sanfl-state-game/
Michael-Knoll-State-Game-2019-1024x674.jpg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back