Player Watch #10 Maurice Rioli Jnr

I’m calling it now, he’ll be better than his old man

That's a big call , hope you're right though....may our draft gold continue from the 50's selections....

Personally i think both Dan & Mj need to have lockers that are side by side

#16 & #17

How about 17 & 18 ? 18 is available isn't it?...

Rance needs to know the door is still open

I'd suggest he knows that is the case...premiership player etc and I believe the club has regular contact & he'd still be very close to alot of players/coaches etc...

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Can’t wait to see this guy play.
His second and third defensive efforts are immense and he just sticks tackles.
Will be super exciting to watch this aspect of his game.

Just put him at the feet of Lynch while he builds his endurance, which is what will keep him in the VFL initially. I reckon he will end up a small forward with the offensive ability of Eddie Betts and the strong tackling of a supercharged Tippa. I think his defensive and tackling pressure ceiling could potentially not be compared to any other AFL player. I’m struggling to think of a comparison for this trait.

Not sure if he will ever make it to the midfield but with the above attributes, I don’t think I really care.

Such an exciting prospect. Get him fit and learn the Richmond system.

I'm not going to discount MJ having midfield time eventually. Once he's been in the full time RFC environment.....time will tell....but my monies on him...🐯

Has the Bloodlines to be a Mid.

Eggzacery what I was thinking T_O_O .......

I suspect if he doesn't (which nothing leads me to believe he does not) have the work rate now, he will surely will develop it in RFC's environment ....

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Eggzacery what I was thinking T_O_O .......

I suspect if he doesn't (which nothing leads me to believe he does not) have the work rate now, he will surely will develop it in RFC's environment ....
Yep TJ.
Can see him wanting to be where the action is.

our luck with father sons is pretty poor. Joel Bowden might be the only one so far. I've got zero expectations on MRJ.

There was another guy who wasn't too bad...

Kicked 800 goals or something.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I'd like to just let MRJ to be himself, end of story
Mat Richardson was nothing like his dad Alan
Joel Bowden was nothing like his dad Michael
David Bourke was nothing like his dad Francis
No crazy expectations and no pressure to be something that he's not :) 👍

See if he can better Nick Jewell’s one stellar performance in his only match. That should lower the bar a bit. 😁

Back