Player Watch #49: Tom Hird - "little animal" in full training

Remove this Banner Ad

Lore

Moderator ❀
Dec 14, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
49 - Tom Hird.jpg

Contract Status: Out of contract 2021 (Category B Rookie, Non-Registered Athlete)
Last Game Played: n/a

Injury Status: n/a

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

owen87

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Luckily or unluckily, Jones, Johnson and Hird spent most of last year sidelined with injury, so the lack of VFL games is almost a moot point in their development.

You could add McQuillan to that list too.
I meant the latter two would need it this year, but had forgotten Jones was injured for most of last year

jmoo wan

01101010 01101101 01101111 01101111
Oct 12, 2007
Ringwood
AFL Club
Essendon

Surely I'm not the only one who was thinking that he was given a spot on the list "Just to see what happens"?

Starting to really look like a handy little player. Might actually amount to something here
yep was my thoughts exactly - bumming around on the supplementary list for a couple of years sure beats getting a real job.

But seems he's giving it a real crack, and looks alright too

TheGrizz

Spec Moderator
Sep 29, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bayern Munich

Surely I'm not the only one who was thinking that he was given a spot on the list "Just to see what happens"?

Starting to really look like a handy little player. Might actually amount to something here
I thought at the time it was a bit speculative as well. But the pedigree is there obviously, and with Supp B rookies not taking up a list spot or space in the TPP, it was always worth a shot.

About as close to a 'free swing' as it gets. If it works out, awesome. If it doesnt, the PR of having a Hird back at the club is worth it anyway probably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad