Delisted #49: Tom Hird - Delisted, thank you for your service - 23/8

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watch the VFL games, he’s not ready to impact at AFL level yet. Signs are good and is looking much better with the move forward.

The argument for playing him, is to give him a taste so he can see the level he needs to get to. He’s a long way off being a Walla replacement.
Agree wholeheartedly with the second statement. Would love to see him get a run till Tippa is fixed.

I think it’s history making on the basis all played at the same club. Spargos for example had four generations but across multiple clubs.

You have to give him a game…..
I’m with you but not because I think he deserves a spot in the side.

So if he plays (this week or down the track) that’s 4 generations to play at same club with no break in the sequence. Pretty incredible.

Ever happened in AFL history?

Did Serge Silvagni’s old man play for Carlton?

Serge, Stephen, Jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cian McBride and Tom Hird have re-signed to the Bombers’ Category B rookie list, remaining in the red and black until at least the end of 2022.

Hird said he was pleased to sign on with the red and black.

“It’s great to be continuing at such a great club and I’m really looking forward to putting a lot of work into my body and craft over the pre-season to really attack next year,” Hird said.

“It’s a really exciting time at Essendon with the young group we have and the trust we have in our coaches and system and I can’t wait to continue to develop with these players.”

General manager of list and recruiting Adrian Dodoro said the club was excited to see the growth and development of the pair in 2022.

“We feel both Cian and Tom have a lot to offer and having missed considerable development opportunities last year due to COVID, we are pleased to offer them both another opportunity,” Dodoro said.

“Both have dealt with respective injuries at different times this year but Cian as a key forward and Tom as a small midfielder have natural talent we’re looking to cultivate.

“With a substantial phase of development ahead of them in the club’s upcoming pre-season campaign, we hope they can give themselves every chance next season to feature in league football games.”

Last edited by a moderator:
So many of our players are really going to benefit from this pre-season. Look at the steps Harry Jones took this year and can develop further. Paves the way for the likes of Cox, Perkins, Reid, Tom, McBride, Brand, Baldwin, Durham and Eyre to become an important part of Ess' future. Good signs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back