Delisted #49: Tom Hird - Delisted, thank you for your service - 23/8

49 hird.jpg

Contract Status: Delisted
Last Game Played: Yet to debut

Injury Status: n/a

My Boy Draft 2022: Claim here

Last edited:
I think they might get rid of rookies but keep cat b’s from other sports. Regardless I can’t see lists going down to 35 like people have predicted.
The most obvious solution is to keep the Senior list to 40, cut the Cat A rookie list and keep the Cat B list but with tighter restrictions (although abolishing the only 1 Irish player on Cat B) and trimming the top payments.

But I digress

Jul 15, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Celtics, Colts, Renegades
News on Tom Hird...

Play soccer for 10 years without an injury. Has trials in Europe.

Comes to play for Essendon and in a blink of an eye gets injured and has a stress fracture. Classic.... Peak Essendon.
Essendon Fitness Staff: "Tom, the learnings from this situation clearly indicate you should not blink your eyes."

Last edited:

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder what Tom's speed is like?

There is a clear opportunity for another fleet footed small to play as a small defender / half back.

He's a blank canvass in the sense that we can use him anywhere we want. There are a lot of roles open. That's a good thing for his career.

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Wonder what Tom's speed is like?

There is a clear opportunity for another fleet footed small to play as a small defender / half back.

He's a blank canvass in the sense that we can use him anywhere we want. There are a lot of roles open. That's a good thing for his career.
There was a news article about him on Ch.7 last night. Maybe someone who does Twitter could post it. It was good to see him training (only caught the end of it...think they were drawing comparisons with his old man)

May 6, 2007
South East Suburbs
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspurs, Melbourne Vixen
It was just 20 secs about how much he looks like his old man

Which, granted, he really does

Would absolutely love it if Tom can make the grade for a debit at least. Would be such a wonderful f I to people who wish to diminish the Hird name.

Those pictures though, bloody terrifying how similar he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Would absolutely love it if Tom can make the grade for a debit at least. Would be such a wonderful f I to people who wish to diminish the Hird name.

Those pictures though, bloody terrifying how similar he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feel like James used to lick his hands like that... unique family tic. Bodes well.

fairbump_playon

Premiership Player
Jun 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Just because ASADA finds you guilty doesn't mean you have to burn your bridges.

I joke I joke!
Maybe it’s heresy but I feel like James may have required special medical help to get back from his foot injury. Not illegal.. just at the forefront of not quite illegal. Hence his belief in the power of science.

How good was our round 1 smashing of the dogs in that ASADA year? Imagine teams being physically intimidated by Essendon! So we flew too close to the sun. Is that such a crime?

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
Maybe it’s heresy but I feel like James may have required special medical help to get back from his foot injury. Not illegal.. just at the forefront of not quite illegal. Hence his belief in the power of science.

How good was our round 1 smashing of the dogs in that ASADA year? Imagine teams being physically intimidated by Essendon! So we flew too close to the sun. Is that such a crime?
Every night I shut my eyes, so I don't have to see the light

ghostdog

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 18, 2008
gondawanaland
AFL Club
Essendon

The 'maybe' and 'may have' only kind of suggest conspiracy. Not sure about heresy. Perhaps hear-say is what you meant 😎

There's an opportunity for something about flying too close to the sun leading to league-wide melts, but that would require me thinking about it and it's too early.

I could have written that in Elizabethan.

Back