49ers - Larger than life

Remove this Banner Ad

This entire thread is a massive troll. No sporting side is larger than the game they play let alone larger than the world.

Another bizarre comment to make, I reckon the Super Bowl loss and clear lack of on field leadership deep in the last quarter has got to him.

We had Montana. That makes the Niners bigger than the rest. Are the Niners bigger than the NFL as a whole? Again, we had Montana.

We had Montana. That makes the Niners bigger than the rest. Are the Niners bigger than the NFL as a whole? Again, we had Montana.
Yeah but you also had Hayne.
haynenoo.0.gif

And this guy as HC that year

View attachment 817875

A dark period indeed
Yeah but f**k it was fun to watch that train wreck. The blow-ins thinking Hayne was going to be the next Barry Sanders or Marshal Fulk.

And then starting like that on MNF and ending with him being taken off the bus on the way to the airport to be told he was cut

I say this with a straight face. We had Montana. His stats don't do his quality justice. He had a gift. I reckon he could walk into a hospital and heal the sick. He could walk on water. He could turn water into wine. I’m starting to think he is God, or Jesus, or some mystical character from the bible, and I’m not even religious. Him alone will always give the 49ers a unique standing in the game. It’s like Gary Ablett Snr and Jnr, Tony Lockett for his goal kicking numbers, Fyfe and Wayne Carey all rolled into one playing AFL. That’s Montana, the GOAT. He could probably even ace Roger Federer in a tennis match.

I say this with a straight face. We had Montana. His stats don't do his quality justice. He had a gift. I reckon he could walk into a hospital and heal the sick. He could walk on water. He could turn water into wine. I’m starting to think he is God, or Jesus, or some mystical character from the bible, and I’m not even religious. Him alone will always give the 49ers a unique standing in the game. It’s like Gary Ablett Snr and Jnr, Tony Lockett for his goal kicking numbers, Fyfe and Wayne Carey all rolled into one playing AFL. That’s Montana, the GOAT. He could probably even ace Roger Federer in a tennis match.

You are genuinely taking the mikey here.

It's obvious he's trolling because Joe Montana was just a system QB, not among the best QBs of all-time. Only won so many SBs because the TEAM was loaded. Just like the Patriots Brady and Steelers Bradshaw won 6 and 4 due to loaded teams, poor competition in the conference, etc.

How dare you speak like that about former Chiefs legend, Joe Montana. Have a bit of respect for the history of your team

It's obvious he's trolling because Joe Montana was just a system QB, not among the best QBs of all-time. Only won so many SBs because the TEAM was loaded. Just like the Patriots Brady and Steelers Bradshaw won 6 and 4 due to loaded teams, poor competition in the conference, etc.

Just another system QB? I suppose you think Winston Churchill was just another public speaker? System QB indeed, I never.

So system QB is the new game manager I guess.

Riddle me this Batman? If Pat Mahomes played in a power running game-centric offense with pedestrian wide receivers would he still be the league MVP?

Maybe his supporting cast and coaching mentality/system allows him to play to his strengths, just like Montana in the WCO? Isn't Mahomes a system QB too then?

So system QB is the new game manager I guess.

Riddle me this Batman? If Pat Mahomes played in a power running game-centric offense with pedestrian wide receivers would he still be the league MVP?

Maybe his supporting cast and coaching mentality/system allows him to play to his strengths, just like Montana in the WCO? Isn't Mahomes a system QB too then?
no system qb means they dont have the skill set to play in multiple different systems.

eg, montana would have sucked in the air coryell. some qbs dont have the arm, some dont have the mobility, some dont have the brains for complex presnap reads, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

List all the QB greats, Brady (* next to his name), Manning, Unitas, Marlino, Favre etc, but sorry, none of them get near Montana. He's undefeated in SBs. Brady, again, an asterix next to his name, he guides his team to the SB undefeated, and then loses once there. Who would want that meltdown of a QB in your team? Brady is the definition of choke.

Only Young, who happens to be a 49er,, and that's just coincidence, would get any where near the Big M.

Montana is the QB GOAT, simple as that.

List all the QB greats, Brady (* next to his name), Manning, Unitas, Marlino, Favre etc, but sorry, none of them get near Montana. He's undefeated in SBs. Brady, again, an asterix next to his name, he guides his team to the SB undefeated, and then loses once there. Who would want that meltdown of a QB in your team? Brady is the definition of choke.

Only Young, who happens to be a 49er,, and that's just coincidence, would get any where near the Big M.

Its such a s**t argument to say "undefeated in superbowls" when Montana was knocked out in the playoffs earlier than the superbowl on 4 other occasions ( pretty sure it was 4 but could have been 5?)

Tom Brady has 6 super bowl rings and he’s a choker, well I’ve heard it all now.

just for the record....

teams i would never be a fan of no matter what....

patriots, jets, steelers, browns, colts, chargers, broncos, cowboys, eagles, giants, redskins, packers, vikings, saints, falcons, cardinals, seahawks, 49ers.

teams i support .. chiefs, dolphins

teams i like and could support....ravens, raiders, bills, bengals, titans, texans, jaguars, lions, bears, panthers, buccaneers, rams

as you can see....its not about chasing lombardis for me, i can be loyal. its just after deciding i wanted to change teams, theres a short list of teams i like/always-liked, and a lot more teams i detest or could just never support --- teams who have tons of lombardis and a rich history of success.

my recent double switching has just left me reviled or misunderstood :(

even you can't make team switching fine or cool, as much as you'd like to think so 😉....but I'll leave you alone now GG.exe Ive said my piece. 💗

Remove this Banner Ad

Back