49ers - the world's team

Remove this Banner Ad

reasons.

Prob someone who thinks it shouldnt of been called. But there was no chance it was getting overturned on review and 99.9% of the time thats called a TD on the field.

Mods....why are there 3 team threads on the 49ers?

Can we merge or, preferrably, lock this and the other latest arrival? The scant relics of 49er interest in these threads could comfortably fit in the main 49er team thread.

How Shanahan and/or Lynch are not on the hotseat is kinda amazing. must be because they are liked by most around the league.

I dont understand how you trade up to draft a QB with pick 3, claim to be an offensive genius and cant even gameplan for the QB you picked.

There are GM's and coaches sacked even with teams hurt by injuries. Making a Superbowl doesnt give you immunity for more than 2 seasons.

How Shanahan and/or Lynch are not on the hotseat is kinda amazing. must be because they are liked by most around the league.

I dont understand how you trade up to draft a QB with pick 3, claim to be an offensive genius and cant even gameplan for the QB you picked.

There are GM's and coaches sacked even with teams hurt by injuries. Making a Superbowl doesnt give you immunity for more than 2 seasons.
Making the superbowl and a massive injury list the last two years would probably be why

But I do get the sentiment especially around mortgaging the future to move up to pick 3 to take a rookie QB that is very raw talent wise. Even more puzzling when they didn't have to do the trade at all and could have taken Mac Jones with the original draft pick

FWIW I don't mind the idea of having a rookie QB sit out their first year without being thrown into the deepend. It didn't do any harm to Mahomes

Yeah he made the SB in Year 3, after inheriting a cellar dweller. The trajectory was better than expected. 2020 is a wash but I, like a lot of 49er fans, are now questioning Shanahan/Lynch based on the start this year.

To be fair, it is the only time in their reign where on field results can rightly be challenged and many certainly are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back