49ers - the world's team

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
so so many niners fans in sydney making their way home tonight.

not one chiefs fan (apart from me)...but i didnt have a jersey, just a t-shirt with logo on it.

plenty of pats, seahawks, cowboys, broncos jerseys on display too. but far more niners (obviously)

but i do think the OP was right that niners fans dominate australia -- probably due to 80s-90s team success during the Don Lane tv thing that occurred here for those living here during that time.

Apr 8, 2006
2014 or 2008. Probably 2008.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys and Texas Longhorns

not one chiefs fan (apart from me)...but i didnt have a jersey, just a t-shirt with logo on it.

plenty of pats, seahawks, cowboys, broncos jerseys on display too. but far more niners (obviously)

but i do think the OP was right that niners fans dominate australia -- probably due to 80s-90s team success during the Don Lane tv thing that occurred here for those living here during that time.

Won't be seeing those Pats jerseys for much longer. Biggest bandwagon ever and it's come to an end.

Steven Gerrard

Club Legend
May 27, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Melbourn Victory, 49ers
I would love to hear what Steven Gerrard thinks about the final quarter play calling from the 49ers on offence. Some extremely odd play calls so late in the game when they had the lead.

Don't let today's result detract you from the fact that a guy named Bryan Silva became famous on Vine for his so-bad-they're-almost-good rapping videos, which he ended by imitating the sound of a gun. That noise — "gratata" — ended up going viral. At the beginning of this year, he once again went viral — for live-streaming himself during a standoff with police after his girlfriend reported him for threatening her. Eventually, he was arrested and brought to jail.

Thats a blast from the past.

As it finished I was expecting the thing to auto play into the muted horns section and electric guitar playing with Isaac Hayes cranking out the song.

Shaft.........Right on......... you're damn right.

He's a complicated man but no one understands ..... Shaft
You see this Shaft cat is a bad mother ( Shut your mouth),
But I'm talking about Shaft ( Then we can dig it ).

Can you dig it.

download-2.jpg

How did your body double enjoy Sydney?

Mike Olotripo

Club Legend
Nov 15, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Don't let today's result detract you from the fact that a guy named Bryan Silva became famous on Vine for his so-bad-they're-almost-good rapping videos, which he ended by imitating the sound of a gun. That noise — "gratata" — ended up going viral. At the beginning of this year, he once again went viral — for live-streaming himself during a standoff with police after his girlfriend reported him for threatening her. Eventually, he was arrested and brought to jail.

still haven’t heard what your thoughts on the game are.

Feb 7, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers, Stanford
Steven Gerrard is alive and is deflecting any comments about the game with words to the effect of "soccer > American football".
Eww soccer. i dont think there is a cure for that.

I know some people take losses hard but damn.

Back