$4M Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure about that - both WA clubs have a habit of not investing in business ventures outside the football club. They don't own pubs or anything like that, and it's not through lack of cash to do so.

Mainly because they don't need to, and doing so creates a risk that's probably deemed unnecessary. Even with pokie palaces there is some commercial risk involved. Even virtue signalling North have had pokie investments in the past - they've just failed.

:thumbsu: quite so, around $8m was dropped by the Pies on a couple of pubs.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/te...27ea2b467?sv=fff38ced2dda8945c934c2b40af8967e

As an aside its good to see the Pies not censoring Google as the AFL do ... try googling the Demetriou VFL redneck story, gawn!

Marshall Plan reference suggests they have needed financial aid. Their comeback has been largely due to the strong support of their membership base.

Essendon is a lot of things but a drain on the public purse I would have thought not

This.

What handout did efc receive from afl house outside the big standard payment every club receives?

The AFL guarantee doubled from $5mil to $10 mil.
you got any proof of that?you'll find essendon in a saturated market place is along with collingwood not to receive extra money from the AFL!
its easy to bitch and moan to be wealthy in a state that has only a small few professional sporting teams along with a dream stadium deal.

the new WA stadium will prove very interesting and not nearly as profitable as subiaco was for the eagles and dockers

you got any proof of that?you'll find essendon in a saturated market place is along with collingwood not to receive extra money from the AFL!
its easy to bitch and moan to be wealthy in a state that has only a small few professional sporting teams along with a dream stadium deal.

the new WA stadium will prove very interesting and not nearly as profitable as subiaco was for the eagles and dockers

Read your clubs financials, & if you cant I'll do the work for you if necessary. Amazed you are unaware.

None of the above given the AFL guarantee is not provided unless needed & clearly its needed - remember Benny s joy when the Tiges no longer needed an AFL guarantee?

So the answer to my question "what handout did efc receive?" Is zero?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read your clubs financials, & if you cant I'll do the work for you if necessary. Amazed you are unaware.
I have read the financials! The extra money thebclub has received has gone towards the construction of the new facility it was a grant of 4 or 5 million, something the AFL has given to the majority of clubs up grading facilities

I have read the financials! The extra money thebclub has received has gone towards the construction of the new facility it was a grant of 4 or 5 million, something the AFL has given to the majority of clubs up grading facilities

Its a guarantee that allows the club concerned to keep the doors open - have another look.

So the answer to my question "what handout did efc receive?" Is zero?

yep :thumbsu:, thats why its a guarantee, bit like a kid needs from his folks for his first car or if the credit history is iffy. The clubs in the latter category dont need an AFL guarantee.
Benny was happy as indeed he was entitled to be.

yep :thumbsu:, thats why its a guarantee, bit like a kid needs from his folks for his first car or if the credit history is iffy. The clubs in the latter category dont need an AFL guarantee.
Benny was happy as indeed he was entitled to be.

Point is the op tried to imply this financial turnaround was thanks to AFL charity.

It's not

Efc is where it is today off the blood, sweat, and dollars of its members, coteries, and sponsors

The notion Efc is a financial cripple is a myth

Point is the op tried to imply this financial turnaround was thanks to AFL charity.

It's not

Efc is where it is today off the blood, sweat, and dollars of its members, coteries, and sponsors

The notion Efc is a financial cripple is a myth

Equally the AFL played an important role increasing its guarantee - prior to the mess it went through, no guarantee was ever required.

Equally the AFL played an important role increasing its guarantee - prior to the mess it went through, no guarantee was ever required.

and again, it was never actually used

the op was trying to make a dig that EFC only became profitable off hand offs. that aint true. as Snake_Baker just said, this is one mob who know how to make money. Talk of the Hanger and ASADA causing the financial ruin of EFC was always wishful thinking

and again, it was never actually used

the op was trying to make a dig that EFC only became profitable off hand offs. that aint true. as Snake_Baker just said, this is one mob who know how to make money. Talk of the Hanger and ASADA causing the financial ruin of EFC was always wishful thinking

Never used, it was $5m, then increased to $10 mil - its $10 mil this morning. Clearly $5mil was not enough, not used eh.
I'm not suggesting its doom & gloom but the club Balance Sheet was not strong enough to fund the hit.

Never used, it was $5m, then increased to $10 mil - its $10 mil this morning. Clearly $5mil was not enough, not used eh.
I'm not suggesting its doom & gloom but the club Balance Sheet was not strong enough to fund the hit.

they get a bigger guarantee because they have a bigger debt exposure - thats not a handout UNLESS its activated

what youre trying to say is "lol s**t club because you have debt unlike the weagles", but that has nothing to do with the OP

they get a bigger guarantee because they have a bigger debt exposure - thats not a handout UNLESS its activated

what youre trying to say is "lol s**t club because you have debt unlike the weagles", but that has nothing to do with the OP

Not so, the AFL guarantee was missing from this discussion - I understand why it was required initially as I am sure you do, & why it was increased. The profit announced by the club is arguably the first step back to its former financial strength, & the day the AFL guarantee is no longer required will be welcomed by Xav Campbell as it was by Benny Gale at the Tiges.

My interest in the Bombers financials goes back to the Peter Jackson days when he drew attention to the clubs first loss on football operations more than 10 years back - at the time it was the first time I had heard a footy club use that term & it went thru to the keeper then.

Not so, the AFL guarantee was missing from this discussion - I understand why it was required initially as I am sure you do, & why it was increased. The profit announced by the club is arguably the first step back to its former financial strength, & the day the AFL guarantee is no longer required will be welcomed by Xav Campbell as it was by Benny Gale at the Tiges.

My interest in the Bombers financials goes back to the Peter Jackson days when he drew attention to the clubs first loss on football operations more than 10 years back - at the time it was the first time I had heard a footy club use that term & it went thru to the keeper then.

there a guarantees and guarantees though

if you need your guarantee juiced because your debt exposure is increasing due to day to day operational issues, I agree, its danger will robinson time.

if a clubs exposure to debt is rising due to infrastructure costs however, that will either increase revenues post development (ie cats) or will improve the competitiveness of the club (dons), I have no issue as long as the ability to fund the debt obligations is realistic. Never even questioned it for the dons or cats. FWIW I cannot say the same for two other clubs in melbourne who recently ramped up debt

the main chunk debt comes from the building of the new facility out at Tullarmarine costing over $30 million it was only recently completed not from the ASADA stuff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back