4th Ashes Test: Australia v England, Dec 26-30, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm getting used to waking up to good news. Remarkable stuff.

I'm glad Johnson is getting the MOTM's. Bowlers usually lose out to batsmen in a straight race for that award.

Rogers must feel like he's living every middle-aged man's dream crisis. Doesn't need a convertible, he's got Ashes tons and the Urn.

One thing I did notice today that you don't pick up on TV is how particular Cook is with his field placings. I counted that many times today when he'd players literally 2 feet here, 2 feet there. Bordering on OCD with his field placings.
Bring on Sydney and maybe even 5-0. England look completely demoralised.
I just thought some of his field placings were just plain odd. They were never going for wickets just run preservation.

I just thought some of his field placings were just plain odd. They were never going for wickets just run preservation.

Same as the start of Day 3 when Australia was 9 down, reminded me of Pakistan in Sydney just stupid.

sjd86NI.jpg

You can have your rant...but who is better. Bell hates captaining, Michael Vaughan even said he hated being given the vice captaincy, so he isn't a chance. Broad, possibly, but jeez a bowler as a captain and one who does get injured a bit wouldn't be the best option. Who else? Root...maybe in 5 years...Stokes is 22..Carberry will be lucky to be there in a year..KP will retire soon. Go on, please name me a 'better option'. I agree his captaincy isn't great, but there isn't a captain in the side that could take over. It isn't like Clarke...and now Smith who is being groomed.
Only if you wanted your first 2 reviews used in the 1st 2 balls of his 1st over

Only if you wanted your first 2 reviews used in the 1st 2 balls of his 1st over

Another reason why bowler captains won't work nowadays. Still think it will be Cook, with Root his successor.

This series of images could either be the dismay of losing this test match and knowing full well that his team has hit rock bottom.

And/or he's spotted Michael Slater making his way over on a Segue or novelty golf cart to conduct a probing post-match interview.

This England setup had a good run the last 5 years or so.. Won 3 Ashes , Won in India ,T20 world cup ,etc..
But nothing lasts forever so its time for a rebuild . Flower , Gooch , Saker and afew of the players will have to be packed off and we'll start all over again in a new regime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back