4th ODI | England vs Australia @ Chester-le-Street

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Starts: 10:30PM EST/ 10:00PM CST/ 8:30PM WST
Series: England leads 3-0 (Series win)
Pitch: More suitable to the quicks. Typically swings 0.5 degrees more than the previous two grounds.
Coverage: 9GEM

Possible Teams:

England:
1 Jonny Bairstow, 2 Jason Roy, 3 Alex Hales, 4 Joe Root, 5 Eoin Morgan (capt), 6 Jos Buttler (wk), 7 Moeen Ali, 8 Sam Curran/David Willey, 9 Liam Plunkett/Craig Overton, 10 Adil Rashid, 11 Tom Curran/Mark Wood

Australia: 1 Travis Head, 2 D'Arcy Short, 3 Shaun Marsh, 4 Marcus Stoinis, 5 Aaron Finch, 6 Glenn Maxwell, 7 Ashton Agar , 8 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 9 Jhye Richardson, 10 Nathan Lyon/Kane Richardson, 11 Billy Stanlake

Notes:
  • England have added Sam Curran and Craig Overton to their squad. They already have Tom Curran and Jake Ball in their squad, so expect them to rotate their quicks for the last two games.
  • Last game at this ground was 2015, where New Zealand posted 283 in their first innings.
  • Langer quoted "I don't like to chop and change too much, you've got to build something" - so don't expect drastic order or personnel changes to the lineup

Based on what, their status as never having had a side this good before? What's the precedent exactly?
These pitches and our shitty bowling attack make them look like the greatest ODI side to ever take the cricket field. Oh and don't forget the 0-3 in the WC finals.

These pitches and our shitty bowling attack make them look like the greatest ODI side to ever take the cricket field. Oh and don't forget the 0-3 in the WC finals.

They belted seven shades of * out of Australia in Australia a whole 5 months ago with every Australian available.

The World Cup teams they've lost to are the West Indies, Australia who were just about to embark on a two decade domination of them, and a Pakistan side that included the two best odi bowlers arguably in history up to that point. They also probably were the 3rd best team in that tournament, having been aided considerably by the rain rule to make the final.

But year I'm sure 2 finals played before any current England player was born, and a third played before half of them were born, will carry a lot of relevance for a player like Jos Buttler, who's written motto is 'f*** it.'

They belted seven shades of **** out of Australia in Australia a whole 5 months ago with every Australian available.

The World Cup teams they've lost to are the West Indies, Australia who were just about to embark on a two decade domination of them, and a Pakistan side that included the two best odi bowlers arguably in history up to that point. They also probably were the 3rd best team in that tournament, having been aided considerably by the rain rule to make the final.

But year I'm sure 2 finals played before any current England player was born, and a third played before half of them were born, will carry a lot of relevance for a player like Jos Buttler, who's written motto is 'f*** it.'
We'll see when the time comes mate but I know I wouldn't put money on them.

We'll see when the time comes mate but I know I wouldn't put money on them.

I probably wouldn’t either. But I don’t think the past has anything to do with this current side. They play the most in-English one day cricket imaginable.

Just remember, the most recent World Cup of all saw a team who had lost 5 semi finals break that run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back