4th ODI Sri Lanka v Australia @ Pallakele Stadium June 21 1830hrs

Remove this Banner Ad

Warner has just gotten 90 opening.
I wouldn't be moving him.

I know people have a hard on for Inglis but they won't be dropping Carey.

We've lost the series, give him a go, otherwise why is he in the side when he could be playing the A games? It's the same dumb thing they did last WC and cost Inglis a test spot!

My gut feeling is they will not experiment but I would look at opening with Head and Warner,still think Maxwell bats to low and should bat no lower then 4.As for the bowlers I would look at playing Starc if OK or even give Boland a go.
In an ideal world with Finch not being captain, I would open with Head and Warner.

Starc comes in when his injury is cleared.

Unusual but Luke and myself agree,our batting has not been to bad,injuries to our key bowlers has hurt us.
I am happy with the bowling unit even with the amount of injuries we have had.....going forward to the ODI WC starc hazelwood cummins richo zamps agar..thats good enough for me

I am worried about our ability to play spin in the middle overs and for us to be bold and different. Lets face it finch/warner are the wrong side of 30 and they have lost that dynamic hitting ability that they had when they where younger...You look at england the blueprint of ODI cricket atm....they are looking 200 plus after 30 overs each time they go out to bat. We are still too conservative for me in the ODI format...t20 okay JL won us that by putting mitch at three ...Mcdonald so far for me going through the motions a bit and is afraid to change things

It just seems me our batting unit is based upon saving wickets to the last 40 overs and then hoping maxi comes off for us to get a decent score

Boland is apparently playing the warmup games for the tests in the A games. Don't agree with Maxwell, I like him at 6 or so and float up if need be. Comes in with 15 to go at most.

Just not sure Boland will play in the tests or will Hazelwood miss out.Boland has bowled well day 1 in the current 4 day game.Back to the 1 dayers and the upcoming tests perhaps bring Sangha in for Green in the last game.

Warner has just gotten 90 opening.
I wouldn't be moving him.

I know people have a hard on for Inglis but they won't be dropping Carey.

My issue is that Warner is going okay along with finch but that scoring rate is down and needs to be up

Warners hundreds now remind me of Geoff marsh in the 80s who made hundreds 100 off 110 balls when we need 100 off 80

head has shown against the pakis that he can make quick hundreds at the top ......warner plays spin well why not move into the middle to try something different ??

they are not dropping finch..until after the wc

I am happy with the bowling unit even with the amount of injuries we have had.....going forward to the ODI WC starc hazelwood cummins richo zamps agar..thats good enough for me

I am worried about our ability to play spin in the middle overs and for us to be bold and different. Lets face it finch/warner are the wrong side of 30 and they have lost that dynamic hitting ability that they had when they where younger...You look at england the blueprint of ODI cricket atm....they are looking 200 plus after 30 overs each time they go out to bat. We are still too conservative for me in the ODI format...t20 okay JL won us that by putting mitch at three ...Mcdonald so far for me going through the motions a bit and is afraid to change things

It just seems me our batting unit is based upon saving wickets to the last 40 overs and then hoping maxi comes off for us to get a decent score

Also remember with that t20 WC we were massively helped by it being in the UAE where 170 was a winning score. We have to get 2-3 hitters in our ODI side, not sure who they are though. There's a bit too "same" about our batting and relying on Maxwell as the only hitter. You need 2-3, 4 hitters not just one. Apart from David who is an almighty gamble as he barely plays 50 over cricket do we even have hitters domestically?

Agree,talking about Maxi that was a interesting review last night.Looked not out but the tracking machine said different.

Just not sure Boland will play in the tests or will Hazelwood miss out.Boland has bowled well day 1 in the current 4 day game.Back to the 1 dayers and the upcoming tests perhaps bring Sangha in for Green in the last game.

Don't think either will play. You need 2 spinners, and Cummins/Starc are the quicks. Green is there as the 3rd seam option. However that was before the injury to Agar and I can't say I rate Swepson that highly yet.

Agree,talking about Maxi that was a interesting review last night.Looked not out but the tracking machine said different.

I thought he was very unlucky but bounce is lower in SL in general.

My issue is that Warner is going okay along with finch but that scoring rate is down and needs to be up

Warners hundreds now remind me of Geoff marsh in the 80s who made hundreds 100 off 110 balls when we need 100 off 80

head has shown against the pakis that he can make quick hundreds at the top ......warner plays spin well why not move into the middle to try something different ??

If Warner gets a hundred from a hundred balls, that's more than acceptable.

That pitch wasn't easy to bat on.
A run a ball is fine IMO.

It's Finch and Labs that need to do more.

Might be a harsh comment but I think we will be a lot better off when Finch retires.Would I be correct in saying that Finch will be retired when the World Cup 1 day series is played in India next February.

If Warner gets a hundred from a hundred balls, that's more than acceptable.

That pitch wasn't easy to bat on.
A run a ball is fine IMO.

It's Finch and Labs that need to do more.

No Labs needs to get out of our limited overs team. It's him or Smith and at least Smith has shown he can bat quickly

Well played by Sri Lanka, they have some gems in their team.

Australia had injury problems, the wickets were designed to spin a lot, and next year's World Cup won't be quite as extreme, but there are some issues they need to address. The World Cup isn't that far away and they need to settle on what they think their best line-up looks like and start getting games into them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't think Geoff Marsh ever made a hundred off 110 balls. More like 210. I looked up his strike rate in ODIs and it was 55. Can't really see the comparison between him and Warner, completely different players.

Don't think Geoff Marsh ever made a hundred off 110 balls. More like 210. I looked up his strike rate in ODIs and it was 55. Can't really see the comparison between him and Warner, completely different players.

The point is our openers are too slow have been for 3-4 years. Head should be opening

Yer, I reckon Head is worth a try but they seem very reluctant to change anything.

Is it a wonder our best ODI performances were against Pakistan when Head opened?

Very frustrating ODI series here and we have genuine concerns with the World Cup next year.

Will be interesting to see how we go in the test matches in Sri Lanka, hopefully a lot better than last time and better than we did in the ODI's.

Our issues are with the bat. We've been set very gettable targets.

We’d have a smaller target had our best bowlers been plying though. In general it’s been ok with the bat we did make 290 two games ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back