4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Who gives a shyt about your quota's and boys club concerns. Nothing worse than tokenism.
She'd be lucky to be picked for a Sydney 5th grade team in her prime.
People deserve to be at least hearing from those who have played the game at a decent level.

I dont care what sport it is. I;d rather hear an opinion or even just commentary from an expert i dont like, than any irrelevant token implant.

Whether you like her not is one thing, but it's hardly tokenism. She has a fairly extensive career in sports journalism. Unless you consider the likes of say, Tim Lane, Mark Howard, Jim Maxwell, etc token hires. FWIW, some of England's most revered commentators never played cricket at the highest level, like John Arlott or Henry Bowfeld (who played a handful of FC matches only). Neither did Tony Cozier. Nor did Harsha Bogle. I don't think any of them were ever considered 'token'.

Or are you automatically a 'token' hire when you are a woman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF only there was another international test match on at the moment that Fox sports' dedicated cricket channel could switch over to?

Oh thats right they havent bothered to buy the rights to anything despite having a ******* 24/7 cricket channel.

About 50-70% chance of rain for the entirety of days 4 & 5, and I suspect they won't get much play in. The match will be a draw unless India collapse tomorrow and are forced to follow on, and then collapse again.

Its not just you. You both come across as massive flogs :tongueclosed:

More seriously, for many years now Hayden has appeared to be somewhat of a tosser. Basically, since he stopped playing and started talking.
"Someone" managed to get Slater aside and told him he came across as a massive flog. But hey, he was always a massive flog.
The game seems a little less about Slater these days, but maybe the same "someone" can have a word with Hayden if he wants a future.

The absolute epitome of a miserable kent. It only got worse over the years too. Thank god 9 lost the coverage of he’d still be going.
Chapelli’s idea of commentary was to just second guess the field placings and bowling changes made by the fielding team. A habit Warney has seemed to pickup as well.

Matter of opinion, of course... but I like Mitchell. IMHO, the best thing about her is that she ISN'T Australian. I really like having a few imports doing commentary -- they lack bias, making their criticism / praise more meaningful.

I'm loving Isa Guha on Kayo... though, unlike Mitchell she actually played cricket (and has a great voice for commentary).
Mate Isa Guha is brilliant , has played the game , is down to earth and is very easy on the eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back