4th test Australia v India at the Gabba 1030 AEDT

Remove this Banner Ad

Australia, 1 David Warner, 2 Marcus Harris, 3 Marnus Labuschagne, 4 Steven Smith, 5 Matthew Wade, 6 Cameron Green, 7 Tim Paine (capt & wk), 8 Pat Cummins, 9 Mitchell Starc, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Josh Hazlewood
Indis, (possible) 1 Rohit Sharma, 2 Shubman Gill, 3 Cheteshwar Pujara, 4 Ajinkya Rahane (capt), 5 Rishabh Pant, 6 Mayank Agarwal/Wriddhiman Saha, 7 R Ashwin, 8 Kuldeep Yadav, 9 Jasprit Bumrah/Shardul Thakur/T Natarajan, 10 Navdeep Saini, 11 Mohammed Siraj

They have about 4000 players out. Very unlikely.

Let alone we haven't lost here since Adam was a boy. If they retain the trophy it will be throw a rain affected draw. I'd be staggered if Australia lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After some time for reflection I think the overreaction was in full effect. The pitch was terrible, was always destined for a draw the way it played and the short pitch plan was probably because there was absolutely nothing in it.

Funny, we get smashed for not finishing them off on day 5 but they were equally as garbage bowling to us on day 4.

Please please be a good pitch and never go to Sydney again.

Pointless on this day trivia from Cricinfo.
Test cricket's first maximum. There had been sixes before in Tests, but all with the aid of overthrows, and Australia's Joe Darling managed the real thing when he smacked the ball out of Adelaide Oval to reach his century in the first Test against England. In those days you had to hit it out of the ground to get six - clearing the boundary was only worth five.

After some time for reflection I think the overreaction was in full effect. The pitch was terrible, was always destined for a draw the way it played and the short pitch plan was probably because there was absolutely nothing in it.

Funny, we get smashed for not finishing them off on day 5 but they were equally as garbage bowling to us on day 4.

Please please be a good pitch and never go to Sydney again.
Pitch like the MCG one for the 2nd test would be ideal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back