Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
interesting...my original profile is holding so far...opportunist not planned.
Any removal of Cleo and her sleeping bag from the tent is so brazen and risky that you'd think that any sane person that thought up doing something like this well ahead, might have decided it was way too risky before they got anywhere near to acting on it.

IMO, more likely a spur of the moment last minute thing when he was at the campsite to thieve things of value that could be easily disposed of for $$$ or bartered goods or services. Or things that he could use himself to evade detection, like mobile devices or mobile sim cards for assist hide things he was doing or going to do using the internet.

Which might assist explain how it took WAPOL so long to find him and Cleo, if he was using stolen devices (including laptops/tablets) and stolen sim cards, or ones purchased using false IDs or provided to him by others who were involved in trading stolen items.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Which might assist explain how it took WAPOL so long to find him and Cleo, if he was using stolen devices (including laptops/tablets) and stolen sim cards, or ones purchased using false IDs or provided to him by others who were involved in trading stolen items.
That might explain how he seemed to be flying under the radar, did I read somewhere as well his car wasn't registered?

DropBearess

Debutant
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just to add to this - I assume the child police phycologist/s interviewing her will be very careful not to portray what she has experienced with the assumption it was ALL a terrifying and traumatic one..!

In that she's maybe too young to actually comprehend the danger she was in and although a strange environment if 'uncle Terry' told her every day that he was taking care of her because that's what Mummy and Daddy wanted - one should proceed with extreme caution.
I mean uncle Terry gave her 100 dolls to play with, probably served her favourite food, bedtime was whenever she wanted etc.

Suddenly telling her that uncle Terry was actually a 'very bad man/monster' may not be the best strategy and I'm sure those suitably qualified and experienced in this area are actually portraying this to her more as; 'silly uncle Terry made a mistake'...

In the meantime, of course the media are promoting the dramatic adult perspective with their 'she'll be mentally scarred for life' narratives - whereas I'm suggesting there is very good chance this won't be the case...

Also note, from an adult perspective - if 'uncle Terry' does top himself prior to facing trial, which is more than likely, I won't lose any sleep over it..!
Great post!

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This is a better photo, yes there is a bed in the image, notice on one shelf hot wheels, spool of ribbon/wire on shelf, where it says door, it's actually a window, you can see a rod holder to the top right.
That is very good quality pic.

Who's volunteering to ID all of the Bratz in that room?

Adelaide Hawk

Hall of Famer
Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm just focusing on the bright side. Cleo was found alive, seemingly unharmed, and back with her mother and step-father. I've had little experience with 4 year old girls, except for when my niece was that age, but Cleo appears to be a remarkable young girl. To be separated from her mother for 18 days and come up smiling is incredible.

It's not good that it happened, even though it was a good result. A chilling reminder for young parents to be eternally vigilant when it comes to the protection and safety of their children. There's too many creeps out there.

On the plus, it has felt like nothing but doom and gloom of late, every day it's Covid, vaccinations, climate change, etc, etc. Australians really needed a good news story like this, fantastic it has turned out like this. So many child abduction cases over the years have not turn out so well, beginning with the unsolved Beaumont children disappearance back in 1966.

I stand by and await further evidence to reveal itself as to what transpired over the past 18 days. Welcome home Cleo.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Just as the accused followed and commented on social media pages dedicated to missing children, I wonder if another wannabe child stealer is reading, or maybe even posting in this thread? What a terrifying and sobering thought..

Do you think that the police would be keeping tabs on these types of forums and be profiling comments for such purposes? It makes sense, but not sure they would have the resources.

Kurve

Dec 27, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Same room I believe, just changed set up from time to time.

Video here of room

I'm assuming this is his video. I can see what looks like a longish dark curtain or fabric in the top right frame towards the end. Also, not sure I like whatever that is tied onto the frame of the bedhead.

I threw some backlight on it.

curtain.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BFew

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just as the accused followed and commented on social media pages dedicated to missing children, I wonder if another wannabe child stealer is reading, or maybe even posting in this thread? What a terrifying and sobering thought..

Do you think that the police would be keeping tabs on these types of forums and be profiling comments for such purposes? It makes sense, but not sure they would have the resources.
You'd hope they have some swish tools at their disposal to automate the process as much as possible.

Similar tools to what they would hopefully use to identify and monitor the likes of Cleo's accused, before they commit serious crimes, and immediately after crimes are committed in their locale.

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm assuming this is his video. I can see what looks like a longish dark curtain or fabric in the top right frame towards the end. Also, not sure I like whatever that is tied onto the frame of the bedhead.

I threw some backlight on it.

View attachment 1274920
Yes it's his video and yes I believe it's a curtain. Not sure how far apart the video and pic were taken. But looks like a changed set up from video to pic. Where curtain is in video looks like he replaced that with a cupboard, that's highlighted with door in the picture.

Lol BFew and bandage...just pray to God it wasn't used at anytime to tie them to the bed

revo333

Premiership Player
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Has anyone else gone down the rabbit hole of looking at all the reactions (likes, etc) from others on the accused's FB posts, weeded out the fake FB account reactions, and then looked into the real people who've been liking and reacting to their posts? I have. Some interesting types. Overseas mainly.
LOL...no.

Mad7

Draftee
Nov 5, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Note the photoshopping of the pic of the man in the ambulance - in the original an officer was holding up a blanket almost completely hiding the man in the bed. Now he is quite visible and has a Big White Bandage.
Shoddy but typical "journalism".
You haven’t seen the video those two different screenshots were taken from, then?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mad7

Draftee
Nov 5, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Greenough prison outside Geraldton would make sense.
Eww! No thanks! Let Perth deal with him. Besides, he’s gonna need to be in segregation cos it was a crime against a child and I dunno if Greenough has a full time seg wing? And going on his aggro behaviour I’d imagine he’d be in a max security, not li’l ole Gero.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wosh

Admin
May 27, 2007
Bluestone Station
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
#SFAKoalas
This should be real interesting and might give some tips on how to keep our thread running smoothly and within the legal boundaries so I'll check in.

Cleo case a legal minefield - here's what you need to know

Terrific work in here Kurve 👍🏻 :)
It really is such a bizzare story.

Someone said they had sympathy for the perp earlier because of some hardships, but what’s coming out is a cold, calculating deceitful man who held a little girl for 17 days while all around him people were beside themselves with distress….indeed the whole country was distressed. This has got nothing to do with a difficult life and everything to do with plain evil. His outbursts in court are violent and if he’s threatening to come after photographers when he gets out how the hell are Cleo and her family ever going to feel safe :(

If he gets a soft touch on this case a lot of people are going to be very angry.
I’ll say it again… fu** him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad