Remove this Banner Ad

I would hope that in a case with a missing person that the police, even if they swan in and immediately spot blood and semen, don't give that away so that the slim hope of the missing person being released or found alive remains instead of the police coming out and laying down the "you don't have to come and confess, we looking for YOU" and scaring the criminal into escalating their violence if they hadn't yet.
I strongly doubt they would give the impression they were mystified, they would be quite non-committal if that were the case.

I strongly doubt they would give the impression they were mystified, they would be quite non-committal if that were the case.

These are the same group that will ask if you know why they pulled you over, which is for a confession by the way.

The police should not be giving away anything in press conferences that doesn't lead to more people coming forward with information. Unless they have a body then there is a chance of finding the missing person alive - after that threshold is crossed they can detail what evidence they have to the public but until then it's a recovery operation that is trying to give the impression that everything can be alright if the person is returned.

Otherwise the criminal sees there is no escape and creates more victims. It's the same reason our police talk about a person of interest and not "that is the person we think did this and when we find them we will charge them with it"

Watch the documentary on the Jill Meagher case and how they caught Bayley. They only decided to go public with the images of him after they came to the conclusion that the suspect had more than likely killed her (tragically they were correct).

Having no suspects can mean a multitude of things. For example they could have a theory about a possible suspect but no evidence (yet) to back up that theory. They can't make someone a suspect until they have some evidence, that's how the law works plus it goes back to the possibility the girl is alive and they don't want to spook the suspect.

Trying to glean anything from the police press conference is pointless.

So they went to bed at 8, yeah? And then they did not officially wake til when? 6.30?? I would have thought that they be up at first light. Which is around 5?? Sun is rising pretty early here in Queensland. (5.06am sunrise). It’s so bright by 5 I am panicking that I’ve slept in. I look at the time then go back to sleep! But at a campsite you’d be up when the sun rises? It’s just some minutiae to chew on in this case. Which may or may not be relevant :/

Friday 15th sunset at 6.31pm (civil twilight 6.31pm to 6.54pm)
On Saturday 16th it was daylight at 5.50am (civil twilight 5.27am to 5.50am)

Friday 15th sunset at 6.31pm (civil twilight 6.31pm to 6.54pm)
On Saturday 16th it was daylight at 5.50am (civil twilight 5.27am to 5.50am)

I see. So later sunrise. So the window of opportunity (if you can even call it that, because it’s such a freak occurrence) would have been from 1.30am til 6ish..

So they went to bed at 8, yeah? And then they did not officially wake til when? 6.30?? I would have thought that they be up at first light. Which is around 5?? Sun is rising pretty early here in Queensland. (5.06am sunrise). It’s so bright by 5 I am panicking that I’ve slept in. I look at the time then go back to sleep! But at a campsite you’d be up when the sun rises? It’s just some minutiae to chew on in this case. Which may or may not be relevant :/
As young Mum & Dad with two small children, I would imagine they were possibly exhausted by the time they arrived, set up tent and unpacked. Keeping in mind they probably do not get a full nights sleep on most occasions with either small child waking during the night. Mum may have already packed a ready dinner such as sandwiches (I would have) to make things a little easier and this would have allowed the children to go to bed at their normal times. The parents then would have had a little time to themselves to unwind and had an early night too, ready to wake early for feeding and changing for the little one. We all have different routines, especially when you have to take young children into account. I would call 6.30 an early/ normal time for a young family to wake up for the day.

10.50am today

'Supt. Wilde said the fact a methodical land search near the campground had turned up no trace of Cleo led police to believe she had been kidnapped.'

Did Wilde actually use the word 'kidnapped' this morning?

With al the WA border checkpoints due covid on roads leaving WA and CCTV galore at airports / seaports I find the chances of the little girl being taken interstate extremely remote.
Agree I can't imagine them leaving the state without being noticed, unless they took some little know/used bush track. Also to take into consideration, is the demeanor of the child, would she have stayed asleep in the car or did she wake. How far could you travel with an upset child? IMHO there's a high likelihood that she is not too far away.

'Supt. Wilde said the fact a methodical land search near the campground had turned up no trace of Cleo led police to believe she had been kidnapped.'

.....“gathered with some of the evidence that we have gained from the tent and the surrounds there, has led us to believe that possibly someone else was involved in her disappearance,” he said.

“The team is working around the clock to investigate all of those leads and we are hopeful that that may lead us to discovering where Cleo is.”

He added that there were still no suspects, but he was hoping that would change as new information came in.

Lets pray they have some thing they are not telling us about!

Blowholes is not a surfers beach.
The surfers camp further north at red bluff and gnaraloo station.

The camping ground is 1km south of the Blowholes and the area there is used for surfing on the ocean side of the little coral island. I have friends who have surfed there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[
Agree I can't imagine them leaving the state without being noticed, unless they took some little know/used bush track. Also to take into consideration, is the demeanor of the child, would she have stayed asleep in the car or did she wake. How far could you travel with an upset child? IMHO there's a high likelihood that she is not too far away.

airport at Carnarvon or some of the cattle stations up that way have small airfields as well. Private plane maybe?

Is Wilde still in charge of the homicide squad?

Is Wilde still in charge of the homicide squad?

According to the below, he was in the Homicide squad as of a few weeks ago.

'Wed, 6 October 2021 2:44PM
... Homicide squad Detective Superintendent Rod Wilde said ...'

[

airport at Carnarvon or some of the cattle stations up that way have small airfields as well. Private plane maybe?

Mokbel paid for a private yacht and a professional crew to get away. Those are the means needed to escape the state undetected and I find it unlikely a perp would have those means available to them.

Planes all have flightplans, records etc.

I would imagine if that were the case, he would have been reported by now. With all the media coverage she would be hard to miss.

And with all the military forces and military related assets up the top end of Australia, you'd think/hope air and sea surveillance would be pretty heavy up that way and could be accessed by law enforcement in situations like Cleo's disappearance.

One of the reasons itinerant type individuals might hangout at Quobba campsite is that it's a great surfing beach apparently.

Has it been reported anywhere how many individuals and how many vehicles were at the campsite on Friday night?

Is there anyway of checking a live feed satellite image of the area?
The camping ground is 1km south of the Blowholes and the area there is used for surfing on the ocean side of the little coral island. I have friends who have surfed there.
Your a little bit mistaken sorry.
"Blowholes campsite" is not "quobba campsite", They are different spots.
The "great surfing" is further north.

Mokbel paid for a private yacht and a professional crew to get away. Those are the means needed to escape the state undetected and I find it unlikely a perp would have those means available to them.

Planes all have flightplans, records etc.

Makes me wonder now if there were any yachts anchored off shore or nearby

Your a little bit mistaken sorry.
"Blowholes campsite" is not "quobba campsite", They are different spots.
The "great surfing" is further north.

I am not an ounce of a little bit mistaken. My friend took his young teenage children to the exact campsite during school holidays last year and he taught them to surf off the beach there. I am not referring to Quobba Stations camping ground either.

I am not an ounce of a little bit mistaken. My friend took his young teenage children to the exact campsite during school holidays last year and he taught them to surf off the beach there.

The surfing does not have to be 'great' to teach young teenage children to surf.
Just good and safe enough for parents and teenagers.

As young Mum & Dad with two small children, I would imagine they were possibly exhausted by the time they arrived, set up tent and unpacked. Keeping in mind they probably do not get a full nights sleep on most occasions with either small child waking during the night. Mum may have already packed a ready dinner such as sandwiches (I would have) to make things a little easier and this would have allowed the children to go to bed at their normal times. The parents then would have had a little time to themselves to unwind and had an early night too, ready to wake early for feeding and changing for the little one. We all have different routines, especially when you have to take young children into account. I would call 6.30 an early/ normal time for a young family to wake up for the day.
Ok but I think I read it’s only 80km from Carnarvon where they live (Apologies if I have that wrong). So about an hour from home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back