Remove this Banner Ad

There has been no time reported when Police actually arrived. In one article it says a 4hr gap before police arrived and another where an old couple passed Police heading towards the area in the morning....but those Police could've been heading anywhere.

Was there much else I that article as it's behind a paywall?
realistically how long would it take for a major contingent of cops to arrive from Perth, there would be local cops on the scene quickly but seriously how apt would they be at an investigation like this? Not very in my view, I think the local cops would have called for back ups from the city once they knew it was more than a lost child, and it all takes time.

To be fair we don't know what the police know or not. They pick and choose what to reveal in order to control the investigation and the narrative.
My point wasn’t as simple as what police are or aren’t telling us. It’s about the fact that if the caretaker had helped the family set up the whole complexion of the investigation and attitude from the family would be different.

Scenario one is that the caretaker is an honest witness to Cleo being there. Police do not have to go to the lengths of confirming she is there from the audio of the CCTV. If he’s an up front witness they’re also going to say. “Yes we have a witness to her being at the campsite”, not the repeated “there are no witnesses”, which would serve no purpose.

Scenario two is that the caretaker denies seeing Cleo, despite the family saying he helped them set up. Well, that’s an obvious red flag one way or another, and both the family and the caretaker would have been extensively and obviously questioned. Once the CCTV then demonstrated that Cleo was there, alarm bells would have been ringing and that would have informed a pretty targeted investigation. The family would have been saying different things, too. I also don’t see the caretaker being on TV without being questioned about that. It’s too big an issue to hide from the media.

Makes absolutely zero sense that the caretaker helped them set up.

You can get bog standard low priced, high digital quality security cameras from the likes of Amazon and Google that connect to wifi and have very reasonably priced monthly subscriptions for cloud storage of footage. Hook them up to a wireless router that has a mobile sim card in to connect these security cameras to the internet via the router's wifi, and you can control and view/hear what's being recorded live or playback history remotely via mobile apps or web browsers. Motion and sound sensors are standard on this tech and can be adjusted very easily remotely.
There's no Fibre out there to connect a modem to to run wifi. There's no electrify grid. There's nothing no scheme water, no reticulated gas. You have to bring bottle gas and water. You have to provide your own power via batteries, solar panels or a generator.
The shack has solar panels, probably connected to a car battery to provide some power. You're not going to find any high tech interconnected hardware out there, because there's no infrastructure to support it. Bring a spade if you want a poo. You want a bath? Have a dip in the ocean.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

not really, kids in bed, on holiday, kick back have a couple, nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean they were off their chops, perfectly normal thing to do in reality. You may not think so but every weekend parents across the country are doing just this.
I responded to drunk and high, not to having a couple.

There's no Fibre out there to connect a modem to to run wifi. There's no electrify grid.

You don't need fibre to run a wireless router that has a sim card in it to connect things in that shack to the internet 24/7.
When did I even mention a modem in the equation?
The shack probably has some kind of solar+battery solution to deliver power day and night.
What century are you living in?

realistically how long would it take for a major contingent of cops to arrive from Perth, there would be local cops on the scene quickly but seriously how apt would they be at an investigation like this? Not very in my view, I think the local cops would have called for back ups from the city once they knew it was more than a lost child, and it all takes time.
One of the earlier media articles mentioned that the Perth Mounted Police arrived on the Tuesday, not sure if any others from Perth got there earlier.

There's no Fibre out there to connect a modem to to run wifi. There's no electrify grid. There's nothing no scheme water, no reticulated gas. You have to bring bottle gas and water. You have to provide your own power via batteries, solar panels or a generator.
The shack has solar panels, probably connected to a car battery to provide some power. You're not going to find any high tech interconnected hardware out there, because there's no infrastructure to support it. Bring a spade if you want a poo. You want a bath? Have a dip in the ocean.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk
Remote Cellular Cameras can have their own battery/solar power supply.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meanwhile, a single CCTV camera, left, at a beach shack about 10m from where Cleo and her family were camping captured the little girl’s voice that day, before she disappeared.

The inconspicuous motion-sensitive camera — which records audio as well as vision — faces the front of the shack, capturing a wide shot of anyone who approaches the beach home.

The shack owner said the audio “clears the parents” of involvement in their daughter’s disappearance.

You don't need fibre to run a wireless router that has a sim card in it to connect things in that shack to the internet 24/7.
When did I even mention a modem in the equation?
The shack probably has some kind of solar+battery solution to deliver power day and night.
What century are you living in?

Definitely has solar panels on the roof of both parts of the shack..

Channel 7 are reporting that police collected CCTV from a property today on north west coastal highway which shows a sedan passing at the right time

Good news, if they can't get the registration of these people's CCTV they should get it somewhere along the way and hopefully it's stopped for fuel.

Channel 7 are reporting that police collected CCTV from a property today on north west coastal highway which shows a sedan passing at the right time
If true, it seems to me that they are piecing together WHAT happened. Figuring out who is going to be much harder. There was no moon after about 2:30am, it’s not a well illuminated road (or, at least, it wasn’t; might have changed), and it will be difficult to get anything identifiable off CCTV. I hope they get lucky, with, say, the lights of one car illuminating the one they’re trying to track well enough on camera.

The person responsible is a seriously dangerous predator given what they’ve managed to do.

Good news, if they can't get the registration of these people's CCTV they should get it somewhere along the way and hopefully it's stopped for fuel.

Trying to find the property as the news showed the front of it - there are a bunch of truckstops and other similar businesses as you get into the outskirts of Carnarvon. If they stuck to the north west coastal highway for any distance, the business cameras would have captured them. Seems odd to only mention a residential property CCTV

" On Monday forensics officers collected CCTV from a home on the North West Coastal Highway.

It’s understood their cameras captured a sedan leaving the area around the time Cleo was possibly taken.

In this rough, dirt country, where most people drive a 4WD, sedans aren’t common, especially around 3am."

Trying to find the property as the news showed the front of it - there are a bunch of truckstops and other similar businesses as you get into the outskirts of Carnarvon. If they stuck to the north west coastal highway for any distance, the business cameras would have captured them. Seems odd to only mention a residential property CCTV
They might have to trawl through a lot more footage of a lot more vehicles at multiple truck stops etc, plus look at a broader timeframe, which would be a more time consuming job. It may have been easy to find what they were looking for on an isolated residential property CCTV just pointing at the road. Maybe even the residents have trawled through it themselves after hearing the request for footage.

That or perhaps the sedan turned off before Carnarvon to somewhere equally isolated such as a bush camp.

Hopefully they had a mobile device with a sim card in it with mobile reception turned on at some point, for WAPOL to ID them when the device pinged off mobile towers on their journey.

1635165938085.png

1635165969775.png

The camera wouldnt have seen anything. Pointing the wrong way. Certainly wouldnt be able to see the tent at least. Perhaps if someone arrived from the right, they may be seen.

Here's my attempt at a colour edit of the No. 28 sign to try and work out if there's a theme with the surrounding pictures.
A bit like trying to read tea-leaves.
Although I think I can see a duck, a super-hero, and some type of bug with antennae.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 10.41.22 pm.png

Thanks to Kurve, the case is solved and all suspicious fishy creatures surrounding No. 28 have now been ID'ed.

Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 11.57.05 pm.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back