Remove this Banner Ad

This is the thing I am struggling with..

Why do WE need proof or a clearer picture or better understanding of some of these things?

Comments like "WE can't assume anything..", "I want PROOF" etc.. - Do you think this forum is somehow working in partnership with WAPOL on this case, that the actual real life investigators give a !@#$ whether or not the internet sleuths out there are convinced that there really was a sleeping bag?

The level of curiosity some have on cases like this I find !@#$ing weird and a little disturbing..

I mean, who gives a !@#$ what way the "alleged" sleeping bag was facing? Even if the police came out and said it was "feet facing the door" no doubt others here would argue that "this makes no sense" as they always set their kids up parallel to the door, so "something is fishy" and it is evidence that the "stepfather did it"..

Or maybe I am being harsh and that somebody somewhere, simply by knowing the sleeping bag formation, suddenly realises that they have information they previously thought was irrelevant to the case..

Completely agree. If you want some forehead slapping moments, read through the CSK threads with:
speculation of an Edwards (an Eagles supporter) using the term Eagles Nest to describe the stadium meaning there was a link to Hitler & Nazi's;
Posters crapping on about Line theory to find where Sarah is buried;
Screen printing ink, phone boxes, taxi's etc...

If you want a quick breakdown of police thoughts/hunches and analysis of what is said in the press conference, you could do worse than look at this. Pretty insightful.

Yeah, I've seen tweets from newspapers based around the world from China to Bolivia.
I doubt if anyone hasn't heard of this case as yet.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Ok but I think I read it’s only 80km from Carnarvon where they live (Apologies if I have that wrong). So about an hour from home?
Doesnt matter that it was 'only' an hours drive from home. Its still been a long day with 2 small kids, then add to that the drive and set up etc.

The below WAPOL issued tweet from nearly 20 minutes ago has since been removed.
Maybe the 1000km was an error.
Was able to retrieve the tweet from my browser cache.

1000km radius from the Blowholes campsite would cover from Bunbury to Kalgoorlie to 80 mile beach between Port Hedland and Broome

'Western Australia Police Evidence Submission Portal

Investigation into missing child Cleo SMITH: Missing Child - Cleo SMITH
Report Filed:16/10/2021 09:00

ADDRESS
Quobba Blowholes
Quobba Blow Hole Rest Area, Macleod, MacLeod, Western Australia, 6701, AUS

DESCRIPTION
Police are urgently searching for 4 year old Cleo SMITH who was last seen around 1:30am 16th October 2021, at the Blowholes campsite in Macleod.'

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 4.00.24 pm.png

Last edited:
in another media photograph the building behind the tent has no. 28 on it - see above to the rear left of the pergola - facing away from the ocean as viewed. If you go into Youtube link in the website linked in next paragraph at the 5 minute and about 45 seconds there is a clear shot of no. 28. at 5 minutes and 54 seconds there is another clear shot of no. 28. In both of these shots the writing of no. 28 is clearly visible.

View attachment 1265615

The guy that did the above youtube video has a website. http://www.wanowandthen.com/. Open the Q letter, and he has great information about Quobba site. He also has still photographs of the different shacks which include no. 28. It seems the Blowholes are over a kilometre north of the camping ground. The shoreline at the camping ground is white sand.

These shots from the video show things that have no been demolished including the structure with the tank on top. The ocean is behind 28 as you see it in the below shot. It appears to me the tent was set up to the left of where this tank thing used to be in the below photo, but in the first shot above the tent is behind where the structure was.

View attachment 1265612

View attachment 1265614

If you use google earth then go down to street view and walk yourself down the entrance road to the campsite area no. 28 building is visible but the street view doesn't show the writing 28 because it is 2008.

and below is where I believe the tent was relevant to 28. 28 appears to be the only elongated building and still stands.

View attachment 1265617

I would have liked this post but for some reason it's not allowing me to do it atm, are you in the middle of editing?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Sadly this is approaching the unsolved/gone forever/mystery 10 day stage of this investigation now.

Just hoping, like others have mentioned, that the police are being deliberately vague in public statements regarding lines of inquiry and in fact they do have one or two potential suspects..? Surely they must have one or more of; CCTV footage/DNA/fingerprints/foot prints/tire marks/a mystery car/a family revelation/a witness account - something that is a tangible lead..?

Highly unlikely, but also hoping some crazy Aunt suddenly comes forward with Cleo and confesses/explains why she took her from the tent...

Last edited:
The below WAPOL issued tweet from nearly 20 minutes ago has since been removed.
Maybe the 1000km was an error.
Was able to retrieve the tweet from my browser cache.

1000km radius from the Blowholes campsite would cover from Bunbury to Kalgoorlie to 80 mile beach between Port Hedland and Broome

No error if the West Australian newspaper has not jumped the gun.

People as far south as Perth and Bunbury have been asked for dash-cam footage as police continue the desperate search for Cleo Smith.

Authorities today pleaded with West Aussies who were within a 1000 kilometre radius of the Blowholes campsite and who may have vision of the four-year-old to get in contact.

The wide scope stretches from the midway point between Port Hedland and Broome in WA’s north, the edge of the Gibson Desert Nature Reserve in the east, right through to Bunbury in the South West.

In particular, police want vision recorded between 6pm on Friday and 6pm on Sunday.

“Detectives are calling for anyone with CCTV or dash-camera footage that may assist with the investigation,” a statement issued by WA Police said.

“In particular, detectives are seeking dash-cam, CCTV or any other footage within a 1000KM radius of the Blowholes campsite near Carnarvon.”.

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 4.23.23 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No error if the West Australian newspaper has not jumped the gun.

People as far south as Perth and Bunbury have been asked for dash-cam footage as police continue the desperate search for Cleo Smith.

Authorities today pleaded with West Aussies who were within a 1000 kilometre radius of the Blowholes campsite and who may have vision of the four-year-old to get in contact.

The wide scope stretches from the midway point between Port Hedland and Broome in WA’s north, the edge of the Gibson Desert Nature Reserve in the east, right through to Bunbury in the South West.

In particular, police want vision recorded between 6pm on Friday and 6pm on Sunday.

“Detectives are calling for anyone with CCTV or dash-camera footage that may assist with the investigation,” a statement issued by WA Police said.

“In particular, detectives are seeking dash-cam, CCTV or any other footage within a 1000KM radius of the Blowholes campsite near Carnarvon.”.

View attachment 1265688
1000k is a big distance, but WA has many long long roads. That will be a lot of footage to review!!

A staggering amount. Are they looking for a specific vehicle/s perhaps?

Interesting point. It would seem a little strange to be looking for her in dashcam or CCTV footage because I wouldn't think dashcams would get a good look at vehicle occupants and even CCTV footage unless she got out of the car at a petrol station or something (which is highly risky) you probably wouldn't be able to tell Cleo from any number of other 4 year olds who might get caught on camera.

Calling for dashcam footage from such a huge area certainly sounds like they might be looking to track down specific vehicles and where they went. Someone registered at the campsite who had left by the following morning perhaps? If they know what vehicle they drove they could be looking to see roughly which way it went

Just another thought dashcam footage could be a subtle way of tracking down a specific vehicle without alerting the driver.

Say for instance, you have one or two potential persons of interest and you want to see where they went without letting them know you're onto them on the off chance Cleo is still alive and broadcasting they're looking for a white 2004 Toyota Land Cruiser might prompt a kidnapper to kill Cleo and flee in a different vehicle

Don't know if this link will work properly but in a recent FB post, WAPOL are asking a bit more specifically, and have excluded anything south of Lancelin (for those unfamiliar with WA, that excludes Perth).

In particular, detectives are seeking dashcam, CCTV or any other footage within a 1000KM radius of the Blowholes campsite near Carnarvon but only as far south as Lancelin.
The specific footage requested is that recorded between 6pm on Friday 15 October and 6pm on Sunday 17 October 2021.
Detectives are seeking all footage between these parameters and are particularly interested in:
• Motel check in and communal areas
• Service stations
• Fast food outlets and bakeries
• Truck stops and free camping areas
• Children’s clothing stores
• Pharmacies and cosmetic stores
• Camping stores

Edit - nope didn't work, try this

in a recent FB post, WAPOL are asking a bit more specifically, and have excluded anything south of Lancelin

That explains why they deleted the tweet about this that had the blanket 1000km radius.
There is no replacement tweet yet.

And the West Australian newspaper is yet to update/correct it's article on this to align with the WAPOL latest on this and exclude south of Lancelin.

In particular, detectives are seeking dashcam, CCTV or any other footage within a 1000KM radius of the Blowholes campsite near Carnarvon but only as far south as Lancelin.
The specific footage requested is that recorded between 6pm on Friday 15 October and 6pm on Sunday 17 October 2021.
Detectives are seeking all footage between these parameters and are particularly interested in:
• Motel check in and communal areas
• Service stations
• Fast food outlets and bakeries
• Truck stops and free camping areas
• Children’s clothing stores
• Pharmacies and cosmetic stores
• Camping stores

Good that they have asked that everyone from Perth to Bunbury not send in all their dashcam, CCTV and home smart cameras and other footage.

Not sure the WAPOL servers could have coped.

Good that they have asked that everyone from Perth to Bunbury not send in all their dashcam, CCTV and home smart cameras and other footage.

Not sure the WAPOL servers could have coped.

Frustratingly this dash-cam footage appeal may also lead to many false/irrelevant sightings of many little blond headed girls, but I guess any remote chance they are Cleo, must be investigated...

Accordingly a team of people have got a lot of challenging work ahead of them - fortunately most dash-cams are HD cameras these days, so in most cases they won't looking at low resolution footage depicting the moon landings...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back