daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
Good that they have asked that everyone from Perth to Bunbury not send in all their dashcam, CCTV and home smart cameras and other footage.

Not sure the WAPOL servers could have coped.

Now I'm wondering if automatic numberplate recognition technology can be applied to dashcam and CCTV footage, wouldn't that be something!

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Now I'm wondering if automatic numberplate recognition technology can be applied to dashcam and CCTV footage, wouldn't that be something!

A bit like the recently released Apple IOS 15 handy built in live text recognition feature.

'One of the handy new features arriving with iOS 15 is the option to quickly recognize text and select, copy, paste, and lookup in both the Camera and Photos app. Let’s looks at how iPhone Live Text OCR works from photos to screenshots and handwriting too.'

Just on TV now news flash with pic of detective walking to small plane carrying a paper bag- stating crucial new evidence being taken to Perth (or words to that effect) not sure if it was just hype - but thats what I just saw!!
Crucial...
A game changer?
A breakthrough?

skygem

contemplating
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
1634886564229.jpeg

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
I think they know the vehicle

There's probably at least one vehicle in their sights that they are looking for, from all the footage and public info so far.

Hopefully it's not just a stolen vehicle or one with false numberplates with nothing to do with Cleo.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
In ChampRevesby's quality pic yesterday of the tent at the crime scene, you can clearly see a side entrance on the left side of the tent (matching the Coleman 10P Gold as the 8P Silver has no side entrances), and the 2 square shaped back windows. So the other 3 entrances to this 4 doored tent are on the right side and the back side of the tent.

Now to figure out which direction the beach is in this pic.
Should not be too hard to work out from the light in this pic and positioning of the nearby buildings and other surrounding things if you go back to the original Ch9 video (linked in this thread) that this picture appears to have been taken from.

in another media photograph the building behind the tent has no. 28 on it - see above to the rear left of the pergola - facing away from the ocean as viewed. If you go into Youtube link in the website linked in next paragraph at the 5 minute and about 45 seconds there is a clear shot of no. 28. at 5 minutes and 54 seconds there is another clear shot of no. 28. In both of these shots the writing of no. 28 is clearly visible.

1634871258838.png

The guy that did the above youtube video has a website. http://www.wanowandthen.com/. Open the Q letter, and he has great information about Quobba site. He also has still photographs of the different shacks which include no. 28. It seems the Blowholes are over a kilometre north of the camping ground. The shoreline at the camping ground is white sand.

These shots from the video show things that have no been demolished including the structure with the tank on top. The ocean is behind 28 as you see it in the below shot. It appears to me the tent was set up to the left of where this tank thing used to be in the below photo, but in the first shot above the tent is behind where the structure was.

1634871131110.png

1634871190749.png

If you use google earth then go down to street view and walk yourself down the entrance road to the campsite area no. 28 building is visible but the street view doesn't show the writing 28 because it is 2008.

and below is where I believe the tent was relevant to 28. 28 appears to be the only elongated building and still stands.

1634871350351.png

There's probably at least one vehicle in their sights that they are looking for, from all the footage and public info so far.

Hopefully it's not just a stolen vehicle or one with false numberplates with nothing to do with Cleo.
I think they know the exact vehicle. They have footage of her on site. Moved straight to abduction.

My gut feel is they're trying to determine thr vehicles where about now without alerting the driver in case she is still alive.

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
QR coding is still required and numbers haven't dropped off that much in the wake of the WAPOL using it for purposes it wasn't designed for.

However, actual check in enforcement is a different matter. Even in the city, most supermarkets don't have anyone standing there checking that you've used the QR code and in smaller businesses it relies on the cashier asking them to do it or checking that they've done so (and in my experience they take you on your word).

But I doubt even if the kidnapper went to places where it was enforced you'd see him checking in. More likely to write down false details on the paper register. Unless we get lucky and he's really really stupid

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
in another media photograph the building behind the tent has no. 28 on it - see above to the rear left of the pergola - facing away from the ocean as viewed. If you go into Youtube link in the website linked in next paragraph at the 5 minute and about 45 seconds there is a clear shot of no. 28. at 5 minutes and 54 seconds there is another clear shot of no. 28. In both of these shots the writing of no. 28 is clearly visible.

View attachment 1265615

The guy that did the above youtube video has a website. http://www.wanowandthen.com/. Open the Q letter, and he has great information about Quobba site. He also has still photographs of the different shacks which include no. 28. It seems the Blowholes are over a kilometre north of the camping ground. The shoreline at the camping ground is white sand.

These shots from the video show things that have no been demolished including the structure with the tank on top. The ocean is behind 28 as you see it in the below shot. It appears to me the tent was set up to the left of where this tank thing used to be in the below photo, but in the first shot above the tent is behind where the structure was.

View attachment 1265612

View attachment 1265614

If you use google earth then go down to street view and walk yourself down the entrance road to the campsite area no. 28 building is visible but the street view doesn't show the writing 28 because it is 2008.

and below is where I believe the tent was relevant to 28. 28 appears to be the only elongated building and still stands.

View attachment 1265617

In the below, I’ve marked the approx. position of the tent with a red X.
It might be a bit to the NW of this if it's where No. 16 is, if No 16 was removed recently and replaced with a camping spot.

Broken Paradign’s positioning of the tent correlates with a camping area (green) next to a parking area (yellow) on the below 2018 Council diagram of the site.

Edit: Tent position X in the below is in the wrong position. Subsequent posts in this thread correct this.
0F80BF60-92DE-432B-ABB7-6861A252CD5E.jpeg

Last edited:

metic

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2017
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Those that think there was only one road in and out should know that there are a myriad of tracks going in diferent directions. (Some go into Carnarvon too)
Roads and tracks go north to coral bay, exmouth etc.

"While Blowholes Road is the main sealed road out from the camping ground, a map of the area shows there are countless smaller dirt trails which all snake off in multiple directions.

If Cleo was taken north on Gnaraloo Road there are also multiple tracks heading inland from the main road.

The complex intertwining of roads makes it harder for detectives to pin down exactly which direction she may have been taken in the event she was kidnapped. "

SquiffyRae

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Missing child aside, does anyone else find it more than a little disturbing that considering how risky it is to leave WA and not get stranded at the moment that after a week there's still 12 child sex offenders unaccounted for?

That's 12 potentially dangerous individuals who can't be found to verify their whereabouts if required after a week. Imagine of one of them was accused of something and had to be found. I know our state is huge but surely you can't just drop off the radar so easily

Back