Remove this Banner Ad

So may not be related to Cleo given the location is 5 1/2 hrs North of Carnarvon and was seen possibly on the Saturday or Sunday.

The car seen and reported via media was turning south out of Blowholes heading towards Carnarvon
If one was making a getaway from a major crime and their car was spotted at a t-junction at a remote location, maybe they’d turn in the opposite direction to their destination to cause a red herring. Then double back. I’m not saying that he did that for certain, but the direction he headed at that point in time would have been crucial in an investigation. Given how remote it was, at 3am, the crim would have considered himself unlucky to see another vehicle at that time.

I’m just saying that south is the most likely direction of enquiry if that was the perp’s car but in my opinion the investigators can’t completely rule out north.

Last edited:
Hope/pray I'm wrong - but the first 10 day window has just closed - which means, without the discovery of any physical evidence and/or a verifiable eye witness, tragically beyond this point, the likelihood of catching the perpetrator/s and more importantly recovering the victim alive in the following 10 days and beyond is increasingly unlikely...😢

Last edited:
Unless of course that car was involved in the abduction early Saturday morning, drove back to a location in Carnarvon by 4am or 5am, did whatever, then decided they had to leave town so headed as far north as they could. Sleep in the truck bay and head off again.

Could also be completely unrelated - it wouldn’t surprise me at this point..
There's only one bitumen road out of the blowholes. If this Falcon of EA vintage was the perp, I doubt that he or she would leave via the dirt roads going north then east to meet the north west coastal highway. The bitumen road back to carnarvon to meet the north west coastal highway makes more sense if you're driving such an old car and don't have jerry cans if you got stuck on a dirt road where you'd probably already used up a good third of a tank getting there in the first place

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Here's the camera -posted by someone on another site. It's very good quality for a shack...High definition so any car passing that shack would be well covered.

Hope/pray I'm wrong - but the first 10 day window has just closed - which means tragically, beyond this point, the likelihood of catching the perpetrator/s and more importantly recovering the victim alive in the following 10 days and beyond is increasingly unlikely...😢
True but in this case I think the net may be closing in. It seems to be too remote for the perp to just disappear, if that makes sense. I mean it’s a small community, and hopefully everyone will be looking at their neighbour.

The cops said that someone must know something. It could be a wife or a mother of a suspicious person. And with a million dollars on the table, the perpetrator wouldn’t be sleeping easy.

True but in this case I think the net may be closing in. It seems to be too remote for the perp to just disappear, if that makes sense. I mean it’s a small community, and hopefully everyone will be looking at their neighbour.

The cops said that someone must know something. It could be a wife or a mother of a suspicious person. And with a million dollars on the table, the perpetrator wouldn’t be sleeping easy.
Worst part is, if the perp knows the net's closing in, what will he do with Cleo? It might not be a bad idea for the cops to publicly plead with him that kidnapping's one thing but murder is a whole lot worse. Fingers and toes crossed.

Worst part is, if the perp knows the net's closing in, what will he do with Cleo? It might not be a bad idea for the cops to publicly plead with him that kidnapping's one thing but murder is a whole lot worse. Fingers and toes crossed.
Statistically speaking. It was already done within the first few hours of abduction. 😔

vgc8sd00dlv71.jpg

I wonder if this has anything to do with the vehicle on interest seen leaving the camp site?

Apparently sent to staff an hour or so ago of a mine very close to where Cleo went missing.
Fingers crossed this car is the one we/they are looking for. I would imagine there must be some reason for it to be of interest, which we are not being told, besides the fact that it was in a car park a time relevant to Cleo's kidnapping, that makes this car or interest.

Really hope you're right.
Spoke to an old mate on Viber from Geraldton this morning - who knows the area well and has spent 30 years involved in several small mining ventures across the North West.
His blunt comment was simply; "If these sick c**ts have taken her into any remote areas, they'll never find her. There are hundreds of roads and tracks, old shantys, former camp grounds, abandoned mining sites spread over thousands of klms of back country and if they've taken her to the Robinson Ranges or around Meekatharra or further - they won't even find her remains..!'

Last edited:
Agree totally. If Cleo is still with us, which I pray she is, I really worry for her safety now. We have not just got your regular police and volunteers we also have the homicide squad, gang crime, and drugs and firearms squads and just about every man and his dog in Australia if not the world looking for her and now Bounty Hunters. But Australia's a big big country, with lots of places to hide. Praying for a miracle !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what was the bed set up? In a sleeping bag, under the sheet on the mattress? sounds like the perp had some layers to uncover...wish they all 3 just slept on the same air mattress together. Its such a bizarre case I am completely baffled.

I'm absolutely gutted after watching the full 21 minutes interview with Cleo's parents on Ch7 (Flashpoint) just now, that includes a short segment interviewing WAPOL Rod Wilde.

Hopefully this interview will assist dispel any doubts anyone had left about who didn't take Cleo that night, or whether there was an accident that might have been covered up.

See https://7plus.com.au/flashpoint for the full replay, as the facebook link someone posted last night was only the first part of the interview.

This is a long shot but someone posted right back at the start that the "screeching tires" noise could of been a similar noise to a noisey fan belt which can sometimes happen with certain cars on startup. You don't have control over the noise and it seems unlikely someone doing something wrong would do a burnout after being so stealth. Sorry I couldn't find the post to reply and give credit.

I imagine this type of issue would be likely in an older car. Now this is only one instance in a quick search, but in this forum someone specified this exact issue with their 1994 Ed Falcon which is of very similar appearance to that listed in the poster.

This could place this Falcon at the scene and confirm that it is the vehicle of interest...

Here's the camera -posted by someone on another site. It's very good quality for a shack...High definition so any car passing that shack would be well covered.

This feature packed solar powered outback security 110° Wide Viewing Angle solution has 10m night vision.
And a battery to power it even on those rare stormy/cyclonic events without sunshine.
Not quite as scary as a guard dog, but the next best thing when home & away.

'Specifically designed with farms and rural locations in mind where there's no Wi-Fi
  • Full HD 1080P
  • 4G Cellular (Micro Sim Card Connectivity)
  • Portable and Mobile with included solar panel'
Overview
Uniden introduces a 100% wire-free 4G cellular smart security camera. Including features such as Cloud & SD Backup, Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery, Starlight Night Vision, Solar Power and FULL HD 1080P recording abilities, the App Cam Solo 4G is in a class of its own.
Protect your property, animals & valuable farm equipment from anywhere in the world, anytime!
Battery powered + SIM based connectivity means mount anywhere. No power, no Wi-Fi needed.

Ultimate hassle free security
The App Cam Solo 4G comes with a massive 7800mAh battery. With the added solar panel, the battery will constantly be topped up during daylight, giving you one less thing to think about.

Key Features
Full HD 1080P
4G Cellular (Micro Sim Card Connectivity, SIM not included)
Portable and Mobile
Solar Panel Recharge Kit
Solar Power Compatible
Thermo Sense (Heat and Movement Sensor Detection)~
100% Wire-Free
Two-way Talk and Siren Alert
Large Capacity Rechargeable Battery
Up to 90 Days Standby Time^
Weatherproof*
Remote Viewing#
Starlight Night Visio
110° Wide Viewing Angle
Intelligent alerts
100% Wire-Free
SD Card and Cloud Backup
Low Battery Notifications
Rapid Wake-Up'

This is a long shot but someone posted right back at the start that the "screeching tires" noise could of been a similar noise to a noisey fan belt which can sometimes happen with certain cars on startup. You don't have control over the noise and it seems unlikely someone doing something wrong would do a burnout after being so stealth. Sorry I couldn't find the post to reply and give credit.

I imagine this type of issue would be likely in an older car. Now this is only one instance in a quick search, but in this forum someone specified this exact issue with their 1994 Ed Falcon which is of very similar appearance to that listed in the poster.

This could place this Falcon at the scene and confirm that it is the vehicle of interest...

Brilliant find Zing13.
There are currently no posts in this thread with the word 'belt' in them.
So maybe you are mistaken and read this post elsewhere, or the post was edited or removed for some reason.

Hopefully WAPOL don't miss your post, and (assuming they are not yet aware of this 1994 ED Falcon screeching issue) are able to find replicate this sound for the witnesses of the screeching with any living 1994 ED Falcons to, try and confirm whether the screech they heard was similar.

I have visions of a screeching sound identification blind parade to do this, that include various cockatoos, a car doing a burnout, a female punk rocker, and a 1994 ED Falcon with a noisy fan belt.

Just a thought, and I know this sounds really awful but… maybe WAPOL should photoshop a few pictures of Cleo with different hair colors and lengths. Everyone’s got their eye out for a little blond-haired girl but maybe she’s been in a car dressed as a brown haired boy. Just gets in the public’s mind that she may not look exactly as she does in the pictures.

I'm absolutely gutted after watching the full 21 minutes interview with Cleo's parents on Ch7 (Flashpoint) just now, that includes a short segment interviewing WAPOL Rod Wilde.

Hopefully this interview will assist dispel any doubts anyone had left about who didn't take Cleo that night, or whether there was an accident that might have been covered up.

See https://7plus.com.au/flashpoint for the full replay, as the facebook link someone posted last night was only the first part of the interview.
I was just coming to post this. It was devastating watching their pain knowing they know of all the accusations that it was their fault, or worse, that they were somehow involved. This is every parent’s worst nightmare they’re living through right now. I can’t even begin to imagine how it would feel.

I honestly believe that Cleo is still alive. I just hope they can get her back soon.

Showing my age now, but in the early 1990s my first car was a 1984 Holden Gemini. It would sometimes make a screeching noise. Took it to the mechanic who told me the timing belt was on the way out and would cost me a $1000. That's a lot of money for me today let alone back then so I sold the car a week later.

Brilliant find Zing13.
There are currently no posts in this thread with the word 'belt' in them.
So maybe you are mistaken and read this post elsewhere, or the post was edited or removed for some reason.

Hopefully WAPOL don't miss your post, and (assuming they are not yet aware of this 1994 ED Falcon screeching issue) are able to find replicate this sound for the witnesses of the screeching with any living 1994 ED Falcons to, try and confirm whether the screech they heard was similar.

I have visions of a screeching sound identification blind parade to do this, that include various cockatoos, a car doing a burnout, a female punk rocker, and a 1994 ED Falcon with a noisy fan belt.

Yeah extremely odd because I swear I remember someone mentioning a fan belt and someone else mentioning under inflated tyres as probable causes. This is the only forum I'm following (mainly because other forums are still stuck on the parents doing it which after that second interview is IMO def not true) unless someone did delete their post...

Really hope you're right.
Spoke to an old mate on Viber from Geraldton this morning - who knows the area well and has spent 30 years involved in several small mining ventures across the North West.
His blunt comment was simply; "If these sick c**ts have taken her into any remote areas, they'll never find her. There are hundreds of roads and tracks, old shantys, former camp grounds, abandoned mining sites spread over thousands of klms of back country and if they've taking her to the Robinson Ranges or around Meekatharra or further - they won't even find her remains..!'
The only positive spin on this is if (and a big if) she is still alive the perp would have lots of opportunities to place her somewhere remote and somehow tip off authorities.

There can't be many EB/ED falcons left. Start with every single one of those vehicles ever registered in WA.

If they are no longer registered go back to the last known owner and investigate from there as theres a good chance many of them were sold unregistered and/or for scrap.

Showing my age now, but in the early 1990s my first car was a 1984 Holden Gemini. It would sometimes make a screeching noise. Took it to the mechanic who told me the timing belt was on the way out and would cost me a $1000. That's a lot of money for me today let alone back then so I sold the car a week later.

What a horrible mechanic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back