Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
A couple of thing's I picked up on last night in the interview

1. The sleeping bag may not have been zipped up, rather it was used like a quilt.

I put her to bed, I tucked her in, I made sure her sleeping bag was completely tucked under her mattress,” she said.

2. Did Cleo get out of bed and walk to where Ellie was sleeping for water? Did Ellie actually get up to get water?

The mother said about 1.30am, she asked Cleo to “get back into bed” after she had a sip of water.

“I put my head through to check on (baby sister) Isla and that was it,” she said.

The way the tent is set up I could interpret that Ellie was still laying in bed and just stuck her head around the divider to check on the baby.

It's possible Cleo may have went outside to get a drink by herself before waking Ellie and the abductor was lurking around outside. If Ellie didn't actually get up and the door closest to Cleo was the one she may of exited to get a drink, then Ellie may have not even noticed the tent was already partially unzipped from Cleo.

The interview last night was heartbreaking, I see 2 emotionally drained parent's...but I still got hinky vibes from it

About the only vibe I got from the couples latest interview was - if they do catch the perpetrator/s then the police will need to put them straight into protective custody as the step-father, his workmates at Rio Tinto and half of Carnarvon will be seeking to tear them apart...!

Last edited:

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

The last night's interview of parents.
on YouTube posted 2hrs ago.

It seems the sleeping bag was definitely used as a blanket - unzipped and used across a mattress (blow-up?) and tucked under like a normal blanket. Windy conditions and overcast so it would have been pretty dark.

Anyone after watching this interview that has a hint of belief that one of these people have harmed their daughter Cleo, needs an urgent brain transplant. Gut wrenching to watch.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
About the only vibe I got from the couples latest interview was - if they do catch the perpetrator/s then the police will need to put them straight into protective custody as the step-father, his workmates at Rio Tinto and half of Carnarvon will be seeking to tear them apart...!

Oh yeah and he will get his dues in prison.

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
So when this was first shared I assumed it was from Dampier Salt at Lake Macleod which is a bit further up the Blowholes Rd and the only mining operation in the area. Can't see anything that could be a truck stop or East West Road though.

Also comments about the old Falcon - not necessarily relevant in Carnarvon, plenty of old bangers around like most country towns. Quick cruise through Google Street view will show you https://www.google.com/maps/@-24.88...m4!1sHARo4vnhXNPUnX8_H5WowA!2e0!7i3328!8i1664

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Well it depends. I’d certainly class Mr Cruel as a sophisticated criminal interested in children. Some child abductions involve meticulous planning and cunning, but some (ie Daniel Morcombe) don’t.

Driving around in a noisy old bomb and getting caught on CCTV on a main road (if this goes anywhere) is more likely the latter category.

We don't know if it was a 'noisy bomb' of a car do we? After taking Cleo he would have floored it out of there. I have a feeling he was high on something.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Fingers crossed this car is the one we/they are looking for. I would imagine there must be some reason for it to be of interest, which we are not being told, besides the fact that it was in a car park a time relevant to Cleo's kidnapping, that makes this car or interest.

Very interesting indeed. Makes me consider the subhuman has helped himself to fuel.

Could he have stolen the vehicle?

If this vehicle was based in Carnarvon, which area would it have been? What are the lower socio-economic areas of Carnarvon?

daniologist

trainee
Sep 22, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Pohang Steelers
What are the lower socio-economic areas of Carnarvon

If you ask some people, it's all of Carnarvon. Don't flame me Carnarvonites, I don't agree with that statement!

Certainly has a reputation as a sh!thole full of crime, like most of the North West of WA (disclaimer - have lived in the NW for years), it's reputation only, parts of it are lovely and there's some big money in parts of town too.

On the CCTV footage from a house on NWCH, I didn't read into it that it was close to the campsite. it could be one of the plantation houses on the way out of Carnarvon, some of them have got big money in equipment that would need to be secured.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
the Carnarvon truck stop has got my attention because it is very close to Bibbawarra Rd which is the main back-road that joins up with Blowholes Rd between the 1st and 2nd cattle grid. cuts a considerable distance off as well.

1635220712124.png

1635220988721.png

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
If you ask some people, it's all of Carnarvon. Don't flame me Carnarvonites, I don't agree with that statement!

Certainly has a reputation as a sh!thole full of crime, like most of the North West of WA (disclaimer - have lived in the NW for years), it's reputation only, parts of it are lovely and there's some big money in parts of town too.

On the CCTV footage from a house on NWCH, I didn't read into it that it was close to the campsite. it could be one of the plantation houses on the way out of Carnarvon, some of them have got big money in equipment that would need to be secured.
'...... According to 7 News, the footage is believed to show a sedan driving off about 3am...' - wouldn't it have to be relatively near the campsite to be seen at that time??

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast

Yep I reckon you're right about the plantation houses on the highway. They have large packing sheds there as well which surely must be covered by cctv.

Juddism

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Claremont Football Club
That article suggests to me that that property is very close to the campsite, and it implies to me that this may be footage of the car before the abduction.

The article is a mess. It is stating car tyres skidding at 3am, whilst being spotted 50km up the road at the same time at a stop, and also turning onto NWCH at 3am...which is it?

This doesn't have a happy ending.

Apr 12, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
So many talented detectives here, wasted, destined to only share their skills and knowledge on internet forums. Reading some of the theories and ideas here, or suggestions that "maybe the police haven't considered" are genius. Some of you should join the police force or become private investigators.

I know this will come across by some as petty and inflammatory, but !@#$ hell.. do you really think you have a better grasp of the situation than the Police? Get over yourselves. Some of the suggestions by some posters that you know better or would have done better, I personally find a bit gross given the circumstances.

It's called a discussion forum.

ms finch

All Australian
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
the Carnarvon truck stop has got my attention because it is very close to Bibbawarra Rd which is the main back-road that joins up with Blowholes Rd between the 1st and 2nd cattle grid. cuts a considerable distance off as well.

View attachment 1268060

View attachment 1268067
Wasn’t the sighting of the sedan by the people going to work at the turn off of Blowholes Rd on to the main highway? I agree with you that if someone was headed for further south it would make sense to take Bibbawarra Rd and stay a bit more concealed. Makes me wonder if the person turned off the highway somewhere between where they came out a Blowholes Rd and where Bibbawarra Rd joins the highway. Would explain why they went straight to the highway.

Attachments

• C163FEB7-C25D-4707-ACB5-3BD5BDFCE909.jpeg
    C163FEB7-C25D-4707-ACB5-3BD5BDFCE909.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 31

Zing13

Rookie
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
The media mentions the vehicle was observed turning onto NWCH from Blowholes Road heading south to Canarvon between 3-330am. It's only a 6 min drive at the speed limit from this intersection to the first major farm at North Plantations. It's likely this is where to footage is from as there are large sheds and a shop(?) called Ace Produce. This would mean the footage would be at a similar time to the witnesses on their way to work.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
G
How long does it take to get from the Blowholes to the Carnarvon truck stop?
GE indicates 27 minutes but that is only halfway to actual Blowholes.

GE will do Quobba Station to the BP Carnarvon truck stop - via highway and blowholes road 53 minutes.

GE BP Carnarvon truck stop to Blowholes at Pt Quobba 43 minutes and 67.3kms via highway and Blowholes Rd.

ms finch

All Australian
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
The article is a mess. It is stating car tyres skidding at 3am, whilst being spotted 50km up the road at the same time at a stop, and also turning onto NWCH at 3am...which is it?

This doesn't have a happy ending.
Glad I was not the only person a bit confused about this latest footage being very close to 3am. Unless they are being a bit loose with the times it seems to me that only two of the three lots of timing information work together. Which two I could not say, obviously, but all three together don’t work.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Wasn’t the sighting of the sedan by the people going to work at the turn off of Blowholes Rd on to the main highway? I agree with you that if someone was headed for further south it would make sense to take Bibbawarra Rd and stay a bit more concealed. Makes me wonder if the person turned off the highway somewhere between where they came out a Blowholes Rd and where Bibbawarra Rd joins the highway. Would explain why they went straight to the highway.

As someone opined previously they could have doubled back once they were spotted on the highway and then driven down Bibbawarra.

I can't see any dirt track that would join Bibbawarra from the highway before getting to Carnarvon. Those plantations have really got my attention.

ms finch

All Australian
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Didn’t they say the new footage was from a residential property? Would that fit with the Plantations?

ms finch

All Australian
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
As someone opined previously they could have doubled back once they were spotted on the highway and then driven down Bibbawarra.

I can't see any dirt track that would join Bibbawarra from the highway before getting to Carnarvon. Those plantations have really got my attention.
I thought they might - and a long shot in my view - have doubled back on the highway to go north. I would think it extremely odd for them to double back on to Blowholes Rd to get to Bibbawarra Rd because that is going back towards the scene. Surely they’d be wanting to put as much distance as quickly as possible, and if someone had already discovered the abduction they could run in to someone searching by car if they went back along Blowholes Rd. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Zing13

Rookie
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
Ducked south back into Canarvon for supplies/fuel then took off north towards Karratha where the poster of the falcon on the East/West truck parking is based? Only 6.5 hr drive so you'd be there Saturday morning... Dunno the falcon could be completely unrelated

Back