gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Also a possibility that the room we see with all the Bratzs dolls in it, may not be the room the police found her locked in. It probably wasn't now I'm thinking about it a bit more, the dolls room looks so well set up and perfectly arranged, he might have chucked a fit if it was made untidy.
The house was locked but the room she was in wasn't , if I am not mistaken.

The house was locked but the room she was in wasn't , if I am not mistaken.

My understanding was that she was locked in a room. That does seem to make more sense to me because unless he had every window boarded up he was risking her finding a way out.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My understanding was that she was locked in a room. That does seem to make more sense to me because unless he had every window boarded up he was risking her finding a way out.
Yer it does make sense, just cant see anywhere where it says the room she was in was locked. Just says Police broke into the locked house.

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
That pic of him sitting in his vehicle with doll. Can any our enthusiasts make out make or even model? Does colour of door trim indicate exterior colour?

broken paradigm

Team Captain
Feb 10, 2021
AFL Club
West Coast
He may have had cupboards in front of windows which would also muffle noise.

Yer it does make sense, just cant see anywhere where it says the room she was in was locked. Just says Police broke into the locked house.

You might be right, I can't find the reference now where it was said the room was also locked and they used a pinch bar on it. I might have got it from Channel 7 ...

AAACockburn

Premiership Player
Mar 30, 2013
Inside Wayne Carey's pain relief Ziplock.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
VFL

Raisedeyebrow

Debutant
May 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In one of those images I am sure there is part of a bed shown at bottom of pic.
This photo shows a single black bed frame that is now possibly the same on on its side in his backyard. Possibly she was just on a mattress on a rug.

Attachments

• A0D485DE-7BD2-4C53-8FCF-A44BE146DF8A.jpeg
    A0D485DE-7BD2-4C53-8FCF-A44BE146DF8A.jpeg
    75.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 5A52680F-AF5D-4FC7-A6AF-4B9764A26C01.png
    5A52680F-AF5D-4FC7-A6AF-4B9764A26C01.png
    730.2 KB · Views: 98

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Thankfully I was possibly only close on the first part of my scenario
The thief part, according to 7news reports on what WAPOL told them.

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'
(at the 3:45 mark of the below)

'Dashcam shows DRAMATIC moment Cleo Smith’s alleged abductor arrested | 7NEWS
150,847 views • Nov 5, 2021 • The dramatic moment a Western Australian man was arrested over allegedly abducting four-year-old girl Cleo Smith has been caught on camera. Terence Darrell Kelly was arrested late on Tuesday night, about an hour before detectives found Cleo locked inside a Carnarvon home. CCTV and dashcam on a taxi caught the moment the 36-year-old was pulled over by officers while driving, pinned to the ground and arrested.'

'"Police believe he was at the blowholes campsite on October 16 to commit small-time theft"'

interesting...my original profile is holding so far...opportunist not planned.

was this petty theft trip a regular thing?

and was he stealing just cash/mobiles, or also the odd girls knickers etc.?

I wonder how many people came forward to say they had things stolen in the past?

Raisedeyebrow

Debutant
May 13, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Bottom of pic. Is that a bed? What is the bright light at bottom of right side bookcase. Could that be a video camera lens?

It appears to me to be higher than floor level that's what makes me thinks it's a bed

View attachment 1274862
Are these photos supposedly from his doll room all the same room? Different shelving setups. Possibly photos taken around the room of different walls.

Attachments

• 9791564A-3C52-4246-A6C6-EF3BA4A31F4D.jpeg
    9791564A-3C52-4246-A6C6-EF3BA4A31F4D.jpeg
    64.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 2B0D0265-F23E-4783-A602-7E2BC695E7FC.png
    2B0D0265-F23E-4783-A602-7E2BC695E7FC.png
    730.2 KB · Views: 71
Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Are these photos supposedly from his doll room all the same room? Different shelving setups. Possibly photos taken around the room of different walls.
Flooring, ceiling fan and ceiling cornices all match well enough for it to be the same room.

mooloman

Debutant
Apr 2, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
And by any means necessary. Wouldn't rule out having them using Stingray tech. News LTD will often pull out a small quote and insert it as a headline to trick readers into thinking it's something legit, but in reality just someone's theory or opinion.
What does an IMSI catcher ‘Stingray’ have to do with click bait titles?? Of course they used it (you’d think) of course they click bait.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
interesting...my original profile is holding so far...opportunist not planned.
Any removal of Cleo and her sleeping bag from the tent is so brazen and risky that you'd think that any sane person that thought up doing something like this well ahead, might have decided it was way too risky before they got anywhere near to acting on it.

IMO, more likely a spur of the moment last minute thing when he was at the campsite to thieve things of value that could be easily disposed of for $$$ or bartered goods or services. Or things that he could use himself to evade detection, like mobile devices or mobile sim cards for assist hide things he was doing or going to do using the internet.

Which might assist explain how it took WAPOL so long to find him and Cleo, if he was using stolen devices (including laptops/tablets) and stolen sim cards, or ones purchased using false IDs or provided to him by others who were involved in trading stolen items.

Which might assist explain how it took WAPOL so long to find him and Cleo, if he was using stolen devices (including laptops/tablets) and stolen sim cards, or ones purchased using false IDs or provided to him by others who were involved in trading stolen items.

That might explain how he seemed to be flying under the radar, did I read somewhere as well his car wasn't registered?

DropBearess

Premium Platinum
Apr 3, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just to add to this - I assume the child police phycologist/s interviewing her will be very careful not to portray what she has experienced with the assumption it was ALL a terrifying and traumatic one..!

In that she's maybe too young to actually comprehend the danger she was in and although a strange environment if 'uncle Terry' told her every day that he was taking care of her because that's what Mummy and Daddy wanted - one should proceed with extreme caution.
I mean uncle Terry gave her 100 dolls to play with, probably served her favourite food, bedtime was whenever she wanted etc.

Suddenly telling her that uncle Terry was actually a 'very bad man/monster' may not be the best strategy and I'm sure those suitably qualified and experienced in this area are actually portraying this to her more as; 'silly uncle Terry made a mistake'...

In the meantime, of course the media are promoting the dramatic adult perspective with their 'she'll be mentally scarred for life' narratives - whereas I'm suggesting there is very good chance this won't be the case...

Also note, from an adult perspective - if 'uncle Terry' does top himself prior to facing trial, which is more than likely, I won't lose any sleep over it..!

Great post!

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
This is a better photo, yes there is a bed in the image, notice on one shelf hot wheels, spool of ribbon/wire on shelf, where it says door, it's actually a window, you can see a rod holder to the top right.
That is very good quality pic.

Who's volunteering to ID all of the Bratz in that room?

Sep 21, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Norwood
I'm just focusing on the bright side. Cleo was found alive, seemingly unharmed, and back with her mother and step-father. I've had little experience with 4 year old girls, except for when my niece was that age, but Cleo appears to be a remarkable young girl. To be separated from her mother for 18 days and come up smiling is incredible.

It's not good that it happened, even though it was a good result. A chilling reminder for young parents to be eternally vigilant when it comes to the protection and safety of their children. There's too many creeps out there.

On the plus, it has felt like nothing but doom and gloom of late, every day it's Covid, vaccinations, climate change, etc, etc. Australians really needed a good news story like this, fantastic it has turned out like this. So many child abduction cases over the years have not turn out so well, beginning with the unsolved Beaumont children disappearance back in 1966.

I stand by and await further evidence to reveal itself as to what transpired over the past 18 days. Welcome home Cleo.

tenderwarrior

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2003
Launceston
AFL Club
Geelong
Just as the accused followed and commented on social media pages dedicated to missing children, I wonder if another wannabe child stealer is reading, or maybe even posting in this thread? What a terrifying and sobering thought..

Do you think that the police would be keeping tabs on these types of forums and be profiling comments for such purposes? It makes sense, but not sure they would have the resources.

Collie_wobbles

Senior List
Oct 25, 2021
AFL Club
Collingwood
That is very good quality pic.

Who's volunteering to ID all of the Bratz in that room?

Not me, I contributed the photo, and found the Hot Wheels lol. I have 2 boy's and a girl that wasn't into dolls, so I only know about cars and super villians

Back