Remove this Banner Ad

William Tyrell and Kendall area deja vu :(

'Deputy police commissioner Darryl Gaunt made the alarming admission this morning, telling 6PR officers had followed up with the long list of local sex offenders throughout the five-day long investigation.

“Part of the investigative strategies have included reaching them and making inquiries into their whereabouts and movements and at this point in time we’re very comfortable where we sit with those inquiries,” he said.'

'He also said no one was being ruled out by police, including Cleo’s mum and step-dad Ellie Smith and Jake Gliddon, or her biological father Daniel Staines — but said investigators were not currently “looking at the parents in that nature”.'

Here's the 6PR interview with APC Gaunt this morning.

The screeching tyres is an interesting one. Why go to all that effort to sneak in, grab the child without a struggle or a fuss from tent. Sneak back to the car, then do a big burnout to wake everyone up as you leave
Yeh that was a bit weird and how do you screech on sand?
It appears that Gnaraloo Road has been bitumenized
It's not far from the turn off for the blowholes at all.
Screeching tyres would be heard easily by the carpark campers. The beach campers maybe not so much.

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Last edited:
William Tyrell and Kendall area deja vu :(

'Deputy police commissioner Darryl Gaunt made the alarming admission this morning, telling 6PR officers had followed up with the long list of local sex offenders throughout the five-day long investigation.

“Part of the investigative strategies have included reaching them and making inquiries into their whereabouts and movements and at this point in time we’re very comfortable where we sit with those inquiries,” he said.'

'He also said no one was being ruled out by police, including Cleo’s mum and step-dad Ellie Smith and Jake Gliddon, or her biological father Daniel Staines — but said investigators were not currently “looking at the parents in that nature”.'

Here's the 6PR interview with APC Gaunt this morning.

20 in and around Carnarvon alone! What in the actual *!

20 in and around Carnarvon alone! What in the actual fu**!

Yep, the media pile-on nonsense is now in full swing..!

Just waiting for; '10 UFO sightings' in the area just this year, or '50 homeless people' are known to be living in the nearby shacks, 'Cleo' in ancient Greek means 'Sacrifice', Step-fathers dark past included 'beheading teddy-bears', 'Atheist' mother uses 'Tarot cards!', oh and surely 'Dingo's' or 'Big Foot' must be also be considered...

Last edited:
What's the criteria for being put on the register in WA? I know in some places in America things like being caught having adult fun in public or being seen taking a leak outside can be enough to get put on the register.

Is there anything like that in WA's laws or are we talking 20 genuine predators in a relatively small area population wise? If so, that's actually scary

are we talking 20 genuine predators in a relatively small area population wise?

This bloke might be one of the 20 if he's still alive, on the register, and still living in the area.

No suggestion that he's in any way connected with this case.

'A convicted rapist and pedophile is back in custody after becoming the first registered sex offender to allegedly tamper with a GPS tracking device.
Murray John Winder, 55, was arrested by Carnarvon detectives after he allegedly tampered with his GPS tracking device, secured to his ankle as a condition of his 10-year supervision order on his release from prison in 2011.'

What's the criteria for being put on the register in WA? I know in some places in America things like being caught having adult fun in public or being seen taking a leak outside can be enough to get put on the register.

Is there anything like that in WA's laws or are we talking 20 genuine predators in a relatively small area population wise? If so, that's actually scary
To be on the register you have to be a pretty bad dude: https://www.gotocourt.com.au/criminal-law/wa/sex-offenders-register/

I'm willing to take their word on that since I don't believe they'd make it up but would love to know what that evidence is.

Maybe some very high powered satellite images have provided this evidence.

Isn't somewhere up around North West WA renowned for having some US strategic surveillance assets?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.
That's much better quality than the version I had found.

Here's a zoom in and attempted digital enhancement on that pic from your version.

View attachment 1264319

you are absolutely correct. that's shovel. i've been debunked. great work man!

I'm willing to take their word on that since I don't believe they'd make it up but would love to know what that evidence is. It would be a lot harder to fake metadata of a photo for instance than to come up with other ways to prove she was there.

With regard to forensics, would be interesting what conclusion would be drawn if no forensic evidence of anyone other than family members being in that tent was found. Do you then continue on the assumption this is tragic accident or does the investigation start looking at foul play from within?

i think you are spot on. i think they must have showed them videos or photos of her at the site.

"the at this stage"

could be due to the police taking their devices for analysis to confirm its all legit.

Cops might expect there's something on the zipper that opens the tent door
If the cops are and have been switched on they would be going over everything in the tent with a fine-tooth comb. Depends how long it would take to get a forensics team up there. Much time for that has been taken up by the physical search.

Of course kids want to get up to pee but as Mum said, Cleo needed help with the zipper to get her jumpsuit down to pee. And how far would a child who's no more than 16kgs absolute tops, drag an adult sized sleeping bag over hard slog sand before she dropped it?

There's also the zipper to the tent, it was almost fully open but for about 30cm and it's a full height walk in tent. Cleo didn't unzip it, she isn't tall enough.

Some valid points there Sherlock Kurve, but you're also making some assumptions. My dad built many higher versions of a temporary fence in our driveway to stop me running away when I was not much older than Cleo, yet I always found a way to climb over it...

Last edited:
All it would take is the wrong person at the wrong time to overhear you telling someone you’re heading up to take the kids camping at Quobba next weekend for them to be there lying in wait. Seems more likely than a chance abduction by someone already on site.

I didn’t really pick up on any deceptive behavior by the parents in the interview as they had to be prompted, whereas people hiding something usually have a well prepared story. They did seem quite guarded but they’d be living in a blur right now.

Yep, the media pile-on nonsense is now in full swing..!
Just waiting for; '10 UFO sightings' in the area just this year, or '50 homeless people' are known to be living in the nearby shacks, 'Cleo' in ancient Greek means 'Sacrifice', oh and surely 'Dingo's' or 'Big Foot' must be also be considered...
I'm just waiting for them to get around to racially stereotyping those on the sex offender list

"DOZENS" screams PerthNow, "up to 20" in other reports, but the Deputy Commissioner actually said 'around 10 to 20'.

Sensationalist media grubs.

"DOZENS" screams PerthNow, "up to 20" in other reports, but the Deputy Commissioner actually said 'around 10 to 20'.

Just waiting to read that the area is also a haven for Vampire Zombies..!!!

Rumour swirling around FB, apparently a woman at the same camp had caught the site caretaker inside her tent at 2.30am a month earlier, but she never made a complaint and never reported it to the police.

'following discussions with Council in 2014 and 2015 on the provision of a permanent Caretakers Dwelling at the Blowholes Camping area to establish a presence and improve management of the Reserve, the conversion of sea containers to a Class 1 dwelling as a cost effective approach was suggested. A subsequent allocation of funds was then provided in the current 2015/16 budget, and quotations were called for a contractor/registered builder to undertake the fit-out and siting of the dwelling using converted sea containers due to their durability and portability, as opposed to in-situ construction of a dwelling onsite. With the internal fit-out works completed, planning approval was granted by Council in January 2016 for the caretakers dwelling, and a building permit issued on 8 th February 2016. Site clearing works, with an area of 20m x 20 m (400m2 ) removing approximately a metre of sand from the top of the dune was then performed by the Shire on the 16th and 17th March 2016 to establish the caretakers building, within the Reserve 39666 that has a designated purpose of ‘Rubbish Site’. The caretakers dwelling site is opposite the Blowholes waste/dump station disposal site and west of/adjacent to the existing, but dis-used Blowholes rubbish disposal area. These works are illustrated in the following Figure 1 and Figure 2 below.'

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.37.54 pm.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-20 at 3.40.37 pm.png

Most likely most of those on the list were due to parents wanting to put a stop to their teenage daughters having sex with their boyfriends. Unless there's credible evidence of actual child predators on that list, the numbers are worthless to base any speculation of responsibility to what happened to Cleo Smith upon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back