Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
When I was a kid, I used to go camping with the scout group that my dad ran all the time. He'd get a huge tent they he borrowed from the RAAF on some of those trips down to the caves, and it'd sleep a dozen of us easily. We'd all sleep through anything, kids going toilet etc. It was very rare that any of us including the adults would ever have a disturbed sleep. Only 1 kid couldn't sleep because of snoring, but we had small tents for those situations.
To suggest that no one could've snatched Cleo, is disingenuous, and just projecting your own attitudes and prejudices.
Are there a lot of insomniacs on BF?

Sent from my SM-A305YN using Tapatalk

Sep 20, 2007
Dungeon
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
When I was a kid, I used to go camping with the scout group that my dad ran all the time. He'd get a huge tent they he borrowed from the RAAF on some of those trips down to the caves, and it'd sleep a dozen of us easily. We'd all sleep through anything, kids going toilet etc. It was very rare that any of us including the adults would ever have a disturbed sleep. Only 1 kid couldn't sleep because of snoring, but we had small tents for those situations.
To suggest that no one could've snatched Cleo, is disingenuous, and just projecting your own attitudes and prejudices.

Agree. One of several themes in here that I'm shaking my head at. The others are the psychoanalysing of what panicked people will and won't do in a given set of circumstances (again each person is different) and the combined view that the stepfather is prime suspect but poor mum.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Yep everyone different.

I for one am a light sleeper when camping, as many adults I know are (esp with kids). Small tents are noisier too.

We are all guilty of trying to solve these things and add personal experiences etc. but your right, no one knows jack sh*t. Let the experts do their investigation.

It is worse for the media to contact so called "expert" for opinions when they are guessing also.

Very high probability she was snatched. Must treat the parents as not guilty. Look what the Chamberlain's went through.

So many talented detectives here, wasted, destined to only share their skills and knowledge on internet forums. Reading some of the theories and ideas here, or suggestions that "maybe the police haven't considered" are genius. Some of you should join the police force or become private investigators.

I know this will come across by some as petty and inflammatory, but !@#$ hell.. do you really think you have a better grasp of the situation than the Police? Get over yourselves. Some of the suggestions by some posters that you know better or would have done better, I personally find a bit gross given the circumstances.

I haven't noticed anybody suggest they know better than the police but it is on the record that the police and the press regularly check in for ideas and they also want to know what the public is thinking.

This site in particular was very popular through the Claremont murders investigation and subsequent trial.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
Do you have reliable evidence of this, or are you just reporting rumours from social media or forums as fact?
Show some respect to a grieving parent please.
People who make claims that people are on drugs are usually on drugs themselves, IME.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Matildas/Socceroos/LFC/MVFC/RCStrasbourg
Yep everyone different.

I for one am a light sleeper when camping, as many adults I know are (esp with kids). Small tents are noisier too.

We are all guilty of trying to solve these things and add personal experiences etc. but your right, no one knows jack sh*t. Let the experts do their investigation.

It is worse for the media to contact so called "expert" for opinions when they are guessing also.

Very high probability she was snatched. Must treat the parents as not guilty. Look what the Chamberlain's went through.

Very much this. You have to assume that the parents are not involved until there's evidence to suggest otherwise. I believe we won't have a Lindy Chamerblain type scenario this time around with advanced forensics and digital resources available to police.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
THEORY:

Everyone went back to sleep at 1.30am. One of the parents couldn't sleep and decided to get up and sit on the beach watching the waves etc while leaving the tent open. During that time the child wandered out and subsequently became lost. If it was one parent they may have just gone back to sleep afterwards without checking on the child. Mother wakes up at 6am, the girl is gone, disbelief at first then panic and then calling the cops.

In this scenario I would imagine that the police dogs would have been able to pick up the scent of the little girl though.

Apr 23, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
THEORY:

Everyone went back to sleep at 1.30am. One of the parents couldn't sleep and decided to get up and sit on the beach watching the waves etc while leaving the tent open. During that time the child wandered out and subsequently became lost. If it was one parent they may have just gone back to sleep afterwards without checking on the child. Mother wakes up at 6am, the girl is gone, disbelief at first then panic and then calling the cops.

In this scenario I would imagine that the police dogs would have been able to pick up the scent of the little girl though.

Doesn't explain the MIA sleeping bag.

craigos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
So many talented detectives here, wasted, destined to only share their skills and knowledge on internet forums. Reading some of the theories and ideas here, or suggestions that "maybe the police haven't considered" are genius. Some of you should join the police force or become private investigators.

I know this will come across by some as petty and inflammatory, but !@#$ hell.. do you really think you have a better grasp of the situation than the Police? Get over yourselves. Some of the suggestions by some posters that you know better or would have done better, I personally find a bit gross given the circumstances.
Hey, I've zoomed in on some of those low res images the news has put out. I know my stuff.

May 8, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't noticed anybody suggest they know better than the police but it is on the record that the police and the press regularly check in for ideas and they also want to know what the public is thinking.

This site in particular was very popular through the Claremont murders investigation and subsequent trial.
This is 100% correct. They made full use of social media in that case. Crowd sourcing ideas is a thing with cops.

MiguelM

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Attachments

• 1634779303955.png
    1634779303955.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 26

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
"Wouldn't say what else is missing""Maybe more than a sleeping bag is missing"They took her Bicycle with them?Anyone see a picture of the bike?

We have an idea of some of the things that they took to the blowholes from media reports. We know that Cleo and her sleeping bag are missing, and we know that the tent door became unzipped, likewise.
It's alluded to in reports that something else might be missing.
My rationale for getting an idea of what else is missing, is that whatever these items or item is, may give insight into whether and who a third party might be involved as it would probably be a good indicator of motivation.
I couldn't find a picture of Cleo's bicycle.
I dunno, but if her bicycle was taken, and or only items associated with Cleo, then to me it might indicate that her disappearance is personal, like a custody matter or as a previous post suggested a relative who thinks that Cleo is better off with them, or whatever the poster was suggesting.
If the other item or items are camping equipment, petrol, bags etc then whichever might indicate other motivations, other than child abduction etc. These might be clues as to where to look for Cleo.

jason_recliner

Club Legend
Dec 9, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
So he's got Cleo in the sleeping bag under one arm, and her bike under the other? He gets to the car and has to fumble to open the door? I don't think her bike was taken.

Feb 11, 2018
AFL Club
Sydney
Or you could just not read the thread then.... strange that you're getting so worked up over this.
Let the people spit ball ideas and don't read the thread if it's so gross.
Welcome mate
I think it's just the tone of the thread in general javaguice & I agree, its bloody weird & some of its pretty off IMO. First crime thread I've had to stop reading several times due to many comments I view as flippant at best. Some from posters I'm very familiar with too which do seem totally out of place. I dunno, perhaps the lockdowns are getting to people more than they even realise.

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Just looking at the area on satellite view there is one clear road in and out of the camping area. But there seems to be countless 4wd tracks throughout the dune system and it appears vehicles use the beach itself. So if a potential abduction was planned by unknown perpetrators it is likely they probably did not use the main entry to the campground.

I hope that all tracks have been combed by detectives to look for fresh wheel tracks etc.

zedx

Club Legend
Feb 23, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
We have an idea of some of the things that they took to the blowholes from media reports. We know that Cleo and her sleeping bag are missing, and we know that the tent door became unzipped, likewise.
It's alluded to in reports that something else might be missing.
My rationale for getting an idea of what else is missing, is that whatever these items or item is, may give insight into whether and who a third party might be involved as it would probably be a good indicator of motivation.
I couldn't find a picture of Cleo's bicycle.
I dunno, but if her bicycle was taken, and or only items associated with Cleo, then to me it might indicate that her disappearance is personal, like a custody matter or as a previous post suggested a relative who thinks that Cleo is better off with them, or whatever the poster was suggesting.
If the other item or items are camping equipment, petrol, bags etc then whichever might indicate other motivations, other than child abduction etc. These might be clues as to where to look for Cleo.

I think your spot on there. What ever else was taken could be a huge clue. Im sure the Police are aware of this. What I (sadley) like about this investigation is that they have 2 teams going. One working on the abduction line and one working on the assumption she is just lost and nearby. They are not blindly following the one theory, which in many case has led to disaster.

I think your spot on there. What ever else was taken could be a huge clue. Im sure the Police are aware of this. What I (sadley) like about this investigation is that they have 2 teams going. One working on the abduction line and one working on the assumption she is just lost and nearby. They are not blindly following the one theory, which in many case has led to disaster.

am i right in thinking that they said there were no real leads?

Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams

You would think another couple of days searching could rule out the possibility of the child being lost nearby. I read they have searched the ocean 1km north and south and 800m out to sea which seems pretty thorough.

They were looking for her from 6.30am of the morning of her disappearance so couldn't have gotten too far unless on the very very remote possibility she made it to the main road and was taken by someone who just happened to be passing by.

Apr 12, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not sure whether I heard reference to this, or imagined it, but the sleeping "bag" could have actually been sleeping "onesie".... for whatever difference that could make.
Screenshot_20211021-131610_Google.jpg

Redacted

All Australian
Sep 16, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
So he's got Cleo in the sleeping bag under one arm, and her bike under the other? He gets to the car and has to fumble to open the door? I don't think her bike was taken.
Who says how long a third party could've been at their camp? There's a track right next to their tent in the picture. It could be possible that a number of items were taken from outside before anyone entered the tent.
The bike might not of been unpacked from their car. We don't know.
The Police would know if anything else was missing, and we could probably infer from reported police actions about whether anything unreported by MSM is directing their lines of inquiries in this regard.

Back