Training 5/27: [This] Friday morning

Remove this Banner Ad

For the near future [what do we think?]:
Toovey/Marsh/Goldsack - Frost/Brown - Williams
Howe/Oxley - Reid - Smith/Langdon/Sinclair

Are we allowed to have 12 players in defense Hardas? :)

For the near future [what do we think?]:
Toovey/Marsh/Goldsack - Frost/Brown - Williams
Howe/Oxley - Reid - Smith/Langdon/Sinclair

For mine:

FB - Howe - Brown - Williams
HB - Langdon - Reid - Smith
Int - Adams

2x KPD, 2x Mediums 2x Smalls and a defensive bench player that can rebound.

Glad you got to see the boys Hardas
Thanks, MG!
Getting to see the game on Sunday too, courtesy of CFC, after rescheduling a family event.
Welcome back, great report thanks, yet you could not find the time to throw yourself under Jessie White to spare his ankle??;)
Did you catch any of that?

Only saw him just after - I should've been bloody shepherding instead of finishing off my second coffee!!

I no kappish...
Sorry I'm having an attack of Alzheimer's; for some reason I thought it was robertg22 providing the report... sincere apologies!

Not going to be a detailed training report like others produce, but here are a few thoughts and updates from this morning that might be of interest:
First of all, on a lovely, crisp morning, I absolutely relished the chance to be there after a long absence from Australia, standing alongside a pretty small, but keen, group of onlookers.
There was a pretty full turn out of players, with only 5 players missing completely. Only track absentees: 5*, 8, 31, 35 [I think] and 36.
Spoke briefly with Jamie Elliott* as he was leaving - he was in good spirits, but in answer to the 'How are you traveling' question, said, "I've been better". No chance to talk further, I'm afraid, with a few kids quickly crowding around him.
All the AFL-listed players not picked for Sunday were out about half an hour [9:30] before the others, and trained for about thirty more minutes after the others left, as you would expect with no VFL game this week.
It was really good to see Corey Gault quite involved after his reported concussion issues, and Clokey very active and in good spirits.
Browny trained well and is clearly ready to return when needed.
Rupe Wills left the track at one stage after discussing his calf, but returned soon afterwards to complete the whole session.
In the main part of the session, precision ball use, pressure and quick ball movement seemed to be the focus.
Among the walking wounded, Matt Scharenberg did quite a lot of the ball work before some agility exercises, and then kick-to-kick with Tay Adams at the end, so he's progressing quite well, it seems.
Broomy only made a very short appearance where he walked for a bit before leaving the track - it doesn't look like we'll see him any time soon, unfortunately.
No sign of Tom Langdon, and some suggestion around the traps that he's currently not on Bucks' Xmas card list, with questions over his application/concentration...make of that what you will.
Rendell came out there again towards the end, working with Witts, Grundy* and the main midfielders as they did some centre bounce training. Seemed to be mostly discussion and teaching, rather than all that much practice.
Seeing Grundy* in person reminded me of how much physical development he has left, particularly in the legs and core. [What will we have when he's 24 plus?]
Speaking of which, the last two off the track were Cox and Grundy as they worked on their goal kicking for a further period [Moore left just before them].
All the players were great with the kids and folks wanting autographs and pics, but special mention to Coxy who introduced himself to each of the kids and chatted longer than anyone. Kudos to the mother who somehow got both Coxy and her son into the same shot!
Man, it's good to be back!

Thanks for the report

Good on you Hardas, your enthusiasm for catching training is infectious. My work place is about a 5 minute walk from the Holden Centre, but I'm never able to make it on weekdays due to inconvenient timing. Why cant the club reschedule to fit in with my lunch times?:)

I'm disappointed to hear that of Langdon. Then again I'm always disappointed to hear that any player is on the outer. But its the coach's call, standards have to be met, and Langdon will be better for it if he responds positively. Let's not forget he was straight into the seniors in his first year (2014), and has rarely played in the twos (maybe dropped one or twice?). Unusual for a young player to have done that, and indicative of the club's view of him.

Glad Langdon is on the sh1t list because he is a flog.
Flog is a bit harsh - I usually reserve that for special people, (Daisy and his adopted father as an example).
He might not be playing the way you/we would like call him out on that - but a flog?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His playing ability...I don't rate him at all. Flog in hindsight is probably not the appropriate term.

Yeah, 'flog' refers to his character more than his playing ability. Maybe 'Dud' or 'Spud' might have been closer to what you intended?

I'd say Langdon is as much of a spud as Cloke is. They're players who are a bit down on form, who are capable of so much more - we've seen it - they just need to apply themselves (that kinda sounds like my school report cards :p )

Ramsay, Saad and Shaz to break into that backline early on in the season I hope.

Something like this?

FB - Howe - Brown - Ramsay
HB - Shaz - Reid - Saad
Int - Williams
2x KPD, 2x Mediums 2x Smalls and a defensive bench player that can rebound.

That would work.

Thanks, MG!
Getting to see the game on Sunday too, courtesy of CFC, after rescheduling a family event.

Only saw him just after - I should've been bloody shepherding instead of finishing off my second coffee!!
Just a tweak as reported or full amputation as suspected?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back