Senior 5. Abbie McKay

Remove this Banner Ad

To go one step further could we in the future possibly have the first mother son AFL player?

How many players do we currently have with children? I wonder if any of the older ones have kids already.

Could be as soon as 10 years away potentially.

There will have to be rules around it. Imagine giving a 38 year old mother a list spot the year before her gun son become eligible for the draft.

Not sure what a fitting games tally should be.

How many players do we currently have with children? I wonder if any of the older ones have kids already.

Could be as soon as 10 years away potentially.

There will have to be rules around it. Imagine giving a 38 year old mother a list spot the year before her gun son become eligible for the draft.

Not sure what a fitting games tally should be.
Well the expectation right now in the AFL is that the player has been involved with the club for at least 4-5 years, so that seems like a decent qualifier.

If they want to take it a step further with state league elements I suppose they could, but I'd only be interested in them doing that if they've at least played in one AFLW season, as I think it's disrespectful to how little love the women's game was shown by the AFL until this point.

If they're allowed to whitewash history by claiming the apparatus as their own, I think that would be a terrible outcome for social progress in the long run.

Dont know about the women but Carrazzo has 4 daughters, including 3 triplets who are 7 years old now. Wait for that draft year.

Since retiring from the game at the end of 2015, Carrazzo has put his energy into his electrician business and keeping up with six-and-a-half-year-old triplets Grace, Charlotte and Sophia and the most recent addition to the family, six-month-old Alice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back