Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

The bloke was in my opinion the best tagger in the game at one stage. Absolutely towelled up our stars time after time. Cotchin and Martin could never break his tag.

Sad the way it has ended, hope his health improves drastically. Way to young to have the issues he has. All the best.

It is so sad to read that he is no longer going to have the opportunity to play with us again. He was pivotal in our success in 2015 (if I recall correctly). He blanketed quality midfielders and it is such a shame that he only got to play 20 or games in the past 5 years.

All the best and thanks for the memories.

It is so sad to read that he is no longer going to have the opportunity to play with us again. He was pivotal in our success in 2015 (if I recall correctly). He blanketed quality midfielders and it is such a shame that he only got to play 20 or games in the past 5 years.

All the best and thanks for the memories.
Will always fondly remember his murder of Trent Cotchin in the 2015 elimination final. Go well, Benny!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another fond Benny memory - Sandy Roberts commentary of a long range goal he kicked his first game against Port for us. “He sets sail with a bomb! He sets sail with BOOOMB!”

38-19 W/L record from when he was turned into the games best tagger.

We're cursed.

Remember a streak where the stats men said over 7 weeks the guys he played on had 18 less possessions a game on average (and the ones they did have were probably under the pump or crab like).

And we had Gibson who also tagged the outside guys in finals.

Lucky Scott had to have a back op mid season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back