Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben who???

Reasonable question all things considered and there may well be some newer fans that haven't even seen him play wondering why all the fuss and angst to see him return.

i thought it timely to take a look back myself and everyone should be looking forward to having this highly respected team leader and contributor available for selection again.

Some may wonder how or if he gets a game but if he gets fit and finds form at VFL lvl, he'll be straight in I'm guessing.

What’s going on with BJ?

Sucks to read he is still side lined

That J Ralph article was pretty non-specific, just mentioned he was still sidelined. He had been watching match drills and we know Ben has returned to contact work yet - i dont think there has been any changes to his conditon.

If he is still not training by the end of the pre-season then we should take a player in the SPP.

Yep.

2 years is long enough. We aren’t a pension fund and our depth has suffered...

He should of been placed on the rookie list as a minimum anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can do without that sort of stuff.

Let's take it as read that our coaches and staff aren't psychopaths with no concern with player's future mental and physical welfare.

With that off the table, maybe we focus the message on the football prospects of the players and group.

What Rhyce has said isn't bad nor has he said anything wrong, but after 10 years of Brad's welfare messaging without much performance messaging to counterbalance it I can appreciate your angle.

Let's take it as read that our coaches and staff aren't psychopaths with no concern with player's future mental and physical welfare.

That's actually the point mate.

I have been carpet bombed with pointless cliches by the previous administrations.

What with all the secrecy?

Is it concussion or depression?

It's very weird that we have been told basically nothing about what is going on with this

It’s pretty clearly a mental health orientated issue

It's a physiological injury, although it could be manifesting as a mental health problem as it continues.

Either way, the clock has to be ticking for Ben.

You wonder if it was really that bad, why he wasn’t put on the Long Term Injury List. Pick up O’Neill with pick 83 or rookie draft. Walker in SSP

Remove this Banner Ad

Back