Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Im sure the club is transitioning to help him post football.

I reckon a couple of million is "transition" enough.

These aren't starving children from the slums of Somalia.

It's a balancing act, on one hand we have a duty of care for these players always injured but there is also the influence of these perennially injured players. The prescence of a few too many injured player is a bad influence on the others. The perennially injured getting overextended stay will be constantly give a negative influence. These perennially injured players have been around for more than at least 6 years, and they are relics of brad scott's era of holding onto players a bit too long. This year is the perfect time to cut.

Just saw a claim on Twitter that Benny will be delisted this week. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?
Exit meetings begin on Friday I think was mentioned somewhere. Plenty of blokes would already be across their futures already though, it's reasonable to imagine.

Of course he will be.

I actually doubt he will play another game of footy at any level due to his health.

Just really unfortunate.
Imagine that, poor bugger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw a claim on Twitter that Benny will be delisted this week. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

Given Jy Simpkin liked the tweet, probably accurate.

Supposedly some were getting done before Friday, for those who weren't in line for selection on Thursday.

This seems like a much harder edge to the FD if this is the case. I wonder if we had this harder edge Ben wouldn't have been on the list this year.

Good luck to Ben in whatever comes next.

At least there is a succesor in mcdonald, why don't we hire him as the midfield coach.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back