Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope this bloke's quality of life is good. Anyone know if he's still affected by everyday issues from his head knock?

I hope this bloke's quality of life is good. Anyone know if he's still affected by everyday issues from his head knock?

No idea Heaps but his Instagram feed has certainly shown him looking happy and involved with the other North players (past and present), playing in a golf comp between them all a week or so ago.

No idea Heaps but his Instagram feed has certainly shown him looking happy and involved with the other North players (past and present), playing in a golf comp between them all a week or so ago.
That's great. Big difference between not being able to play AFL with a neck issue and not being able to live a pleasant and low-pain life. Let's hope it's just the former.

Last edited:

That's great. Big difference between not being able to play AFL with a neck issue and not being able to live a pleasant and low-pain life. Let's hope it's just the former.

Bloody oath. I really hope his future employment options are good too.

Ben was at a NMFC lunch yesterday at the Leveson with LMac. Apparently had a chat with a few members and told them he has been given the all clear to ramp up his training. The current diagnosis is that he has been suffering a neck whiplash injury similar to something suffered in a car accident. It has not been a concussion injury. He is hoping to be well enough to play and possibly be picked up in the mid year draft

Ben was at a NMFC lunch yesterday at the Leveson with LMac. Apparently had a chat with a few members and told them he has been given the all clear to ramp up his training. The current diagnosis is that he has been suffering a neck whiplash injury similar to something suffered in a car accident. It has not been a concussion injury. He is hoping to be well enough to play and possibly be picked up in the mid year draft
VFL?

A prime, fully fit BJ putting the clamps on the oppo's best mid while Jy, LDU and co run rampant would be ******* ridiculous. If the above is true, I hope he plays in our VFL team, smashes it, and we bring him back on a cheap contract.

We are cursed with this injury but I feel it’s time to move on.
We waited as long as we could.

He doesn’t get injured in 2016 and 2018 and who knows how those years finish.

As cruel as it gets and I hope he makes a full recovery.

Just thinking about him. What a crazy end to a career.

The bloke is a talented young player who comes over to North from interstate, gets a role as a tagger and absolutely dominates. Then gets a concussion, and then doesn't fully recover for 2 years and gets delisted.

I’m in no doubt that he would’ve been the best run with footballer the game has seen.

One of the rarest skill sets that’s played that role.
IMO after Goldy, and maybe tied with Waite, he was clearly our most important player for about 18 months there, probably peaking in that finals series that ended in the WC loss. Would have won multiple Syd Barkers if he had stayed fit. If both those guys had have remained fit throughout 2016 ... Well, who knows. I've been listening to a bit of physicist Sean Carroll talk about many worlds recently, so I like to think there's a universe out there somewhere where it happened and we won the flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO after Goldy, and maybe tied with Waite, he was clearly our most important player for about 18 months there, probably peaking in that finals series that ended in the WC loss. Would have won multiple Syd Barkers if he had stayed fit. If both those guys had have remained fit throughout 2016 ... Well, who knows. I've been listening to a bit of physicist Sean Carroll talk about many worlds recently, so I like to think there's a universe out there somewhere where it happened and we won the flag.

His ability to win the footy against the oppositions best mid on a more than consistent basis was such a key component of that period of contention.

He made the competitions best completely vanish, then had 25 touches himself.

The biggest shame since JWS got hooked on his Xbox.

Heard he's signed up to play at Frankston VFL, good to see him back playing at any level.

Couple of ex North boys, Crocker and Fordham there too.
If he can comeback and play it would Fantastic but it’s a shame we couldn’t find a spot for guy who had a dip for our club.
But this a club that Carries the Atleys Hall Dyson Campbell and Turners that are not getting but worse.

Heard he's signed up to play at Frankston VFL, good to see him back playing at any level.

Couple of ex North boys, Crocker and Fordham there too.
Confirmed

FRANKSTON

Primary list

Josh Begley

Jack Berry

Anthony Brolic

Mitchell Cox

Sam Fletcher

William Fordham

Nathan Freeman

Jeremy Goddard

Liam Hiscock