Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone quotes the stats about Waite in or out of the side and w/l ratios but Jacobs has a very similar stat.

We lost him a bit over a year ago. Last year we had won every game he played in. Once he was out we won 4 of 15 games usually with opposition midfielders having good games against us. This season we have won 2 games of 8, so since he was injured we've won 6 games out of 23.

Also how much of the year of footy he missed was due to the uncalled trip during a prelim in WA? Did the AFL fail in its duty of care by not paying that free even tho the umpire was staring straight at it and made a conscious decision not to blow the whistle?
Ok, fair enough lads, you've convinced me.....pass me the massage oil Mrs KK, I've got a circle to join......

I must admit, I didn't get to see much of the 2016 season, but when he was playing, did he bring that dash and run to his game? Or is this a newer development?
Made a habit of this sort of thing in the VFL before he was injured and/or an AFL regular. He's too good for the level but hasn't brought the offensive side of his game up to the higher standard yet.

Made a habit of this sort of thing in the VFL before he was injured and/or an AFL regular. He's too good for the level but hasn't brought the offensive side of his game up to the higher standard yet.

In all fairness, if you force a search party out on the likes of Cotchin, you don't really need an offensive side.

We haven't seen anything near his best at AFL level. I think he has more talent that most of us realise. He should be more than just a tagger. He has been a really slow burn so far.

We haven't seen anything near his best at AFL level. I think he has more talent that most of us realise. He should be more than just a tagger. He has been a really slow burn so far.

I've been a critic of BJ, but I actually suspect this is correct. A big win for us if he does get to that next level.

The Jacobs Jalopy has been in the shop for a few repairs and I can now announce she has handled a couple of road tests, of increasing difficulty, pretty comfortably.

Brakes were always fine, handling improved if anything. Surprisingly roomy if anyone else wants to squeeze in the back.

The Jacobs Jalopy has been in the shop for a few repairs and I can now announce she has handled a couple of road tests, of increasing difficulty, pretty comfortably.

Brakes were always fine, handling improved if anything. Surprisingly roomy if anyone else wants to squeeze in the back.
your going to need to put a couple of drivers on soon kimbo, the amount of bandwagons your on.

your going to need to put a couple of drivers on soon kimbo, the amount of bandwagons your on.
*you're.

His and Dumont's. Which others? (Okay, so I'm going to have to choose when 'weather hats' comes on board, but till then...)

I'm waving pom-poms for the rest.

From all reports he had a big game, but wasn't expecting 43 disposals, 4 tackles and 3 marks. Huge!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am the one & only driver of the Jacobs Jalopi. Kimbo is allowed to ride shotgun.

Those VFL byes are f***ed, they always interfere with our season.

Can't do much more than 43 possies, however a minor caveat is Gav Brown did say that Preuss nearly won every single hit out & was putting it on a platter for him. Don't really want Swallow dropped but he's the logical one to swap out.

We are building a quality list based on depth at all positions.

ALL clubs get injuries during the season. It's how they plug the holes that define their playing finals or not.

Our onball brigade is strong. Play well or we have a replacement for you. That's how every player should be seeing gameday!

It was clear as day he was a deer in head lights early on at AFL level.

When we got him to tag it stripped away all the complicated s**t. Stop your man, win it when it's there.

From there we can build.

No idea what his actual upper limit could be.

AFL+Rd+3+Western+Bulldogs+v+Richmond+yQ4XlQXcJKCl.jpg

Its going to take him a little while to get back to full fitness now he is playing games again. He will likely have a few of these niggles before his body adapts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back