Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Is that wat you call Dumont's playing....huh...well there you go.
C'mon Gaso, you remember your playing days as a creative midfielder .... its about getting the footy and getting it to your mate up the field ... this is Dumonts gig, a natural footballer who is being wasted trailing in behind some opposition creative type. Let the kid play football ... chasing and chasing and chasing and chasing is crap, and what he dished up. Not his fault, nor mine, not even yours, though the lovely Mrs.Gaso did raise an eyebrow :-D

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
C'mon Gaso, you remember your playing days as a creative midfielder .... its about getting the footy and getting it to your mate up the field ... this is Dumonts gig, a natural footballer who is being wasted trailing in behind some opposition creative type. Let the kid play football ... chasing and chasing and chasing and chasing is crap, and what he dished up. Not his fault, nor mine, not even yours, though the lovely Mrs.Gaso did raise an eyebrow :-D

Played on the Wing and nobody tagged me unless they were trying to pull off my Amco tag on my jeans which was a stupid 1970S fad.

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It sounds right, but is that the official word from Kangatech? Groin guru?
He has a good pelvic tilt now. I am impressed with his muscle balance, and shouldn't have any soft tissue injuries hampering his comeback. It isn't the world's most advanced injury prevention/recovery platform for no reason. It's based on scientific research.

Played on the Wing and nobody tagged me unless they were trying to pull off my Amco tag on my jeans which was a stupid 1970S fad.
but the Levi ones were the ones to collect weren't they, or the Lee ones?? lol that is a dusty old memory

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Still looks in great nick. That foot holds up and look out. He has a massive build now.
I always thought he had a biggish build for us. Almost to solid for today's game. I can understand that given his ankle injuries which probably resulted in "here's the gym, increase your upper body now!"

Looks more streamlined and in excellent condition. He is a terrific worker and by all accounts a student of the game. Very impressed with his attitude and work ethic given his injury history and potentially facing another scenario of football purgatory (end of a contract, will they offer another etc.).

Donkey Chop

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Half a game in the VFL firsts, then a full game in the VFL firsts, then unleash him

Agree. But if our chance of finals is shot by then I wouldn't mind him coming in as a genuine mid, as in, he can run with a player but I want him given more license to win his own ball.

We already know he's a fantastic tagger, let's see if he can build on that.

hiddink

Team Captain
May 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Juve, Forest, Sociedad
Holy s**t! Is this the same Ben Jacobs? Is it me or has he come back to footy with some real flair and confidence?

Always thought he was underrated, just looked very creative in the footage.

Agreed. He looks a different player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Holy s**t! Is this the same Ben Jacobs? Is it me or has he come back to footy with some real flair and confidence?

Probably just a confidence thing. He knows he's too good for that level. When he first got to us he looked very timid and unsure of himself.

He's too good for vfl level.

Back