Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remember when I said I wouldn't be at all surprised if Ben recovered once Brad was gone?

Not that I'm at all calling you a liar but it would be a fairly damning story were we to find out that a player contracted to play football exaggerated the symptoms of quite a serious medical condition because he didn't want to play for the coach

Not that I'm at all calling you a liar but it would be a fairly damning story were we to find out that a player contracted to play football exaggerated the symptoms of quite a serious medical condition because he didn't want to play for the coach

I'm not suggesting that.

I'm saying that these things often change as circumstances change.

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good to hear he can start training, however I'm curious to understand why/how he is now over his ailment. They tried a lot of possible solutions, but nothing worked. So did they finally get to the root cause? How did they fix it? Is he free from relapsing?
Big question, do that really know what it was? Could it recur?

Bont might win the brownlow tonight....
What do you reckon Salty ?

Its Captain Salty to you.

They'd rename it the Bonelow. Cos he's a low dog.

Future list would be:

Browlow Medalists
202x - Marcus Bontempelli*

*Still a dog.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Johnny99 you’ve been a miserable flog on just about every thread - lighten up.
None of here like missing finals and being s**t. We’ve changed the Coach and hopefully clearing out the deadwood.
We’re heading in the right direction but it’ll take time.
Hang in there - go Roos

IIRC, it was Crocker who got Benny going as a tagger, in the absence of Brad who was on sick leave, and despite his oft stated philosophy of "we will back our boys/system v theirs" when asked if blokes like Ablett etc deserved some attention. Things went well for a while there, and some big scalps were a regular occurrence, after losing him to injury, the role was never really persisted with, as we backed our boys in time and again. Thanks to mainly Leon Cameron, the tagger is now once again a very valuable weapon to have in your toolbag.

Hope BJ gets back to doing what he does best next season, he is a master at it.

More than meets the eye with this one, is doing very well and the club is confident he'll be cherry ripe for 2020.

Bye bye Brad and hello Ben.

Just as I predicted.

Dunno if that's the reason, I think Brad was very kind to Benny. I mean I haven't been a fan of Brad's coaching, but his concern for his players couldn't be questioned.

I have ABSOLUTELY no doubt about that.

I just reckon that the whole change in atmosphere, scenery, that a new regime brings, will have been beneficial for Ben.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Petition to remove 'ruled out for remainder of season, still experiencing ongoing concussion/head/neck symptoms' from the title.

Groin guru nearly has a seizure every time, thinking he's still experiencing ongoing symptoms!

Perhaps 'training indoors, club confident he'll be cherry ripe for 2020?'

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Petition to remove 'ruled out for remainder of season, still experiencing ongoing concussion/head/neck symptoms' from the title.

Groin guru nearly has a seizure every time, thinking he's still experiencing ongoing symptoms!

Ben Jacobs trailing A.Bonar in the midfield.

Last edited:

I'd go with "Brad Scott was the devil, Jacobs now turning up to training"

Back