Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

? Contracted for next year
Club say they resting for next year

The concern is nobody knows what is wrong with him, what caused the injury or how to treat it. If you managed to get your life back to a good condition after years of suffering, why would you risk that. I would be concerned for his safety if he ever took the field again and for the sake of his hopefully long life after football he and his family should seriously consider the risks. As much as we all loved Jacobs and how valuable he was for us as a player since becoming a tagger, his health and safety should be the number one consideration.

The concern is nobody knows what is wrong with him, what caused the injury or how to treat it. If you managed to get your life back to a good condition after years of suffering, why would you risk that. I would be concerned for his safety if he ever took the field again and for the sake of his hopefully long life after football he and his family should seriously consider the risks. As much as we all loved Jacobs and how valuable he was for us as a player since becoming a tagger, his health and safety should be the number one consideration.
Fair call. His health is more important than footy. He would be forever at risk.

Did we ever see any footage from that Lions game where the whiplash occured?

I was there that day and dont remember it at all.

At the game, I remember when he scored one of his two goals, I thought he got whacked hard and knocked to the ground, as he kicked the ball. It was a very dynamic/aggressive piece of play from both teams. I thought it might have happened then. However, when I watch the replay on television, it doesn’t pack the same punch. However, at Etihad, I remember being afraid he might have gotten injured, as it occurred.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2019 Cunnington and 2018-19 Higgins/Jed become bonafide guns with this bloke fit.
If an opposition midfielder gets us on the spread it’s fine because Jacobs always has the other covered.
Never has one player played such a part in a teams fortunes and successes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back