Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie nailed it.

A Gibbs/Heppell type.

A "quarterback"

I don't see him playing so much in space as an outrider a la Bastinac/Gibson/Anthony.

I see him sitting in behind the clearances/contested situations.

A what?

[quote="mark73, post: 26150459, member: 19157"......No, it wasn't Thailand.

I thought they were easy to pick out personally.
the overly tall ones with the adams apples?
You'd be surprised how many blokes get sucked in. The Krauts are the funniest. They actually believe they've found "true love". One of the problems in Thailand is they're not overly tall, and do at times appear a bit effeminate - even the ones here in Australia working some of the Thai restaurants.

If Port aren't interested in pick 38 & Campbell, then we should dangle Campbell & pick 39 in front of Hawthorn for pick 28.
Even silly Neeld had the brains to say we have enough kids. I think if we are to do any further trading, it needs to be player involved. We've got enough development types on our list already.

Even silly Neeld had the brains to say we have enough kids. I think if we are to do any further trading, it needs to be player involved. We've got enough development types on our list already.

You don't have to preach to me mate, I'm just hypothesizing from the view of a footy dept that is hell bent on churning over the list to find square pegs to fit in to square holes.

If we even contemplate using Pick 15 in any trade scenario for Jacobs the list management team needs to be moved on. As pointed out Jacobs is a nice to have, but not necessary with all the half back / midfield options we have coming through. Hickey is something we need, but they have demanded Pick 13 from St Kilda, so they can shove that up their jumper! Pretty happy for us to offload Pederson, Campbell and Garlett and go to the draft to be honest. We should be looking at trying to draft a player like Towers if we can?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Port aren't interested in pick 38 & Campbell, then we should dangle Campbell & pick 39 in front of Hawthorn for pick 28.
I think you are talking about a 3 way trade here where we forward pick 28 onto Port Adelaide for Jacobs. Reckon Port Adelaide would accept this but not sure about the the Hawks. Who knows. Sounds feasable though

Unlikely we've seen anything near the potential of this kid. Glandular fever in his first year and then ankle injury in his second year.

This smells like we're getting a damn good deal. Interesting that the last time something fell in our lap like this was Atley, Harper from the same draft year.

I'd also love to grab Gysberts whose another that we'd be picking up at unders. Can't see us landing both Gysberts and Hickey though.

TRADE deals sending Cameron Pedersen to Melbourne and Ben Jacobs to North Melbourne may be held up briefly, as the Demons look to secure a second- round draft pick in the final week of negotiations.

A pick in the 30s would certainly get the deal done...........

North currently holds picks 38 and 39, at least one of which it will need to tie into a deal for onballer Jacobs, who has nominated the Roos as his club of choice.

He is a in and outside mid who excels when he has time and space. In juniors he was very strong on the inside and he had a good ability to shake off tackles. He lost a lot of his strength In his first year of AFL because of glandular fever.

He has been labelled as a Half back flanker because of on standout game in the Championships where he had over 45 touches.

When he has space he has excellent finishing skills but he hasn't been able to translate his under 18 form into AFL form. It seems the speed of AFL is a bit too much for him at this stage of his development. In saying that he is yet to complete a full pre-season at AFL level.

I hope the club develops him as a wingman, in his juniors he read the play well and he had excellent endurance. If you can get him running to the right spots in space he will hurt the opposition with his skills.

Daz might think otherwise, but I think with a couple of pre-seasons under his belt he could be a real weapon.
Sounds like an upgrade on the roles Gibson or Anthony play as a hard running link man BUT with good skills, tackling & endurance... Something we dearly need.

He is a in and outside mid who excels when he has time and space. In juniors he was very strong on the inside and he had a good ability to shake off tackles. He lost a lot of his strength In his first year of AFL because of glandular fever.

He has been labelled as a Half back flanker because of on standout game in the Championships where he had over 45 touches.

When he has space he has excellent finishing skills but he hasn't been able to translate his under 18 form into AFL form. It seems the speed of AFL is a bit too much for him at this stage of his development. In saying that he is yet to complete a full pre-season at AFL level.

I hope the club develops him as a wingman, in his juniors he read the play well and he had excellent endurance. If you can get him running to the right spots in space he will hurt the opposition with his skills.

Daz might think otherwise, but I think with a couple of pre-seasons under his belt he could be a real weapon.

Oh there's no doubt he could develop. He just has a long way to go. I think most of his issues are mental.

Sounds like an upgrade on the roles Gibson or Anthony play as a hard running link man BUT with good skills, tackling & endurance... Something we dearly need.

Nah, he's not an upgrade yet. Based on current form he's not even close to the best 22. The only strength he's shown at AFL level is his marking. We're targeting him on what he could be, not what he is. Which is fine, so long as we don't pay anything close to the value he was 2 years ago.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back