Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
Im not sure of the point of your post? Are you joking about an illness people can suffer?

Anyway, I’m a bit confused.
Yet you liked the post.

Your post impacted me, because I have a warped grammar filter.

Anyway, I'm also a bit confused now.

Jul 10, 2008
Townsville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Putting my tin foil hat on, maybe we’re just keeping him under wraps for Round 1?

The last thing we heard about him was: “Following post-season surgery, Jacobs has completed a good volume of training this summer, but is still experiencing "a bit of congestion and general grogginess".

Scott was unsure whether Jacobs would play in next month's JLT Community Series, saying North was determined to ease him back into games.”

So he’s done a lot of training and has always had a great natural running ability. Would he had enough fitness to jump back in? As a tagger, would he need the same match practice as other players? Would we want Freo to know Jacobs was playing?

There is some precident for us playing funny buggers for the opener. Jed was a shock inclusion last year after a long term injury to his thumb.

I’m probably wrong, but who doesn’t love a conspiracy theory? Jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners
Putting my tin foil hat on, maybe we’re just keeping him under wraps for Round 1?

The last thing we heard about him was: “Following post-season surgery, Jacobs has completed a good volume of training this summer, but is still experiencing "a bit of congestion and general grogginess".

Scott was unsure whether Jacobs would play in next month's JLT Community Series, saying North was determined to ease him back into games.”

So he’s done a lot of training and has always had a great natural running ability. Would he had enough fitness to jump back in? As a tagger, would he need the same match practice as other players? Would we want Freo to know Jacobs was playing?

There is some precident for us playing funny buggers for the opener. Jed was a shock inclusion last year after a long term injury to his thumb.

I’m probably wrong, but who doesn’t love a conspiracy theory? Jet fuel doesn’t melt steel beams.
That would be all kinds of awesome.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

It would be nice, but it appears to be a little too inventive for Brad.

It would be nice, but it appears to be a little too inventive for Brad.

I think you're being a bit harsh on the coach here. If Jacobs is actually ready to go and does play round 1, then it's basically as MrJoel says. Reasonably inventive.

If Jacobs doesn't play round 1, it's because he's not ready. Not because there was no cunning plan.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool

Weird. Your tin foil hat says Griffindor, mine says Slytherin. ("Two weeks...")

Weird. Your tin foil hat says Griffindor, mine says Slytherin. ("Two weeks...")

No more of that kind of thing thank you.

First and final warning.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
I think you're being a bit harsh on the coach here. If Jacobs is actually ready to go and does play round 1, then it's basically as MrJoel says. Reasonably inventive.

If Jacobs doesn't play round 1, it's because he's not ready. Not because there was no cunning plan.
It would be a bit like Jed last year. Didn't play any of the JLT games because of injury IIRC, everyone thought he was something like 44th bloke picked, and then he's there in round 1 to everyone's surprise and, at the time, chagrin.

LETSGOKANGAS

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2007
Holding fast for take off
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Maybe Jacobs is a flat earther?

Egga

Cancelled
North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2016 Daw & Anderson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Nov 10, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Well, at least he’ll enter the Guinness Book of World Records as the professional athlete to miss the most games due to a blocked nose.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It would be a bit like Jed last year. Didn't play any of the JLT games because of injury IIRC, everyone thought he was something like 44th bloke picked, and then he's there in round 1 to everyone's surprise and, at the time, chagrin.

Jed had killed the pre-season prior to injury and then preformed in a VFL practice match the week before - I think he got a large number of tackles.

Jacobs hasn't done any contact work over the pre-season as far as I know. He will be eased into the year. How long has it been since he has played 7-8 months? He's awesome and we want him back but I think we are thinking long-term with this guy.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Jed had killed the pre-season prior to injury and then preformed in a VFL practice match the week before - I think he got a large number of tackles.

Jacobs hasn't done any contact work over the pre-season as far as I know. He will be eased into the year. How long has it been since he has played 7-8 months? He's awesome and we want him back but I think we are thinking long-term with this guy.

Both points spot on!

FlyHigh18

Arden St Parking Inspector
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Where's my Jacobs NMFC?

IMG_9533.jpg

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au

Round 1 but which year

Back