Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

So the best tagger in the comp missed half the season because we couldn't locate a jar of Vicks Vapor Rub?

Anyway, good to see he is close to re-signing.

Dusty could have helped him out with a really bang on effective sinus treatment.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Still works.

giphy.gif

Ben Jacobs is confident of striking a new deal at Arden St in the coming weeks.

Out of contract, the midfielder said he’s not concerned about the time it’s taking to get an agreement in place.

“There’s no doubt I’ll be here next year and we’re sorting through that now with my manager and the list management team here,” Ben Jacobs told North Media’s In Review podcast.

“I think it’s just one of those unique situations that it hasn’t been done yet, but obviously through different circumstances that’s where it’s at.

“I haven’t thought twice about it, I’m shaping up for a pre-season for North Melbourne in 2019 and that’s it.”

Those “unique circumstances” involve the concussion-like symptoms that sidelined him for nine of the last ten games of the home and away season.

“It was definitely frustrating,” the 26-year-old said.

“All the boys are saying how it has been a big year and they’re tired, but it feels like a bit of a dream because the past ten weeks have gone so quickly for me.

“It seems like two seasons ago that I played.

“It’s very frustrating, but there’s not much else that I can do about it other than looking forward and getting excited about this young list.”

Jacobs started the season in arguably career-best form and showed no signs of the foot injuries that plagued him the previous two years.

“If you look at the injury I’ve been sidelined with, it’s going to go, it’s fine and it’s not career-ending or anything like that,” he said.

“To have gotten through those 13 games not having to worry about the foot was a massive tick, and I’m going to go into the pre-season with no foot issues, nothing to worry about and just ready to have a big pre-season.”

That ability to be fit and ready to go for the pre-Christmas training block has Jacobs excited.

“As soon as I’ve cleared up what I’ve got going on at the moment I’ll be straight into running and that type of stuff,” he said.

“I wasn’t into training or doing high-end running until January last year.

“I think my big goal is to crack in this offseason and preseason more than I ever have and hopefully take my game to the next level because I think that’s what a good preseason is going to do for me.

“Being out there for a full season will be the goal in 2019.”

Last edited:
They should make a movie about this bloke.

"The Negator"

Then for the Friday night SBS sequel that Zondor will stay up for, "The Negator: Goes Both Ways"

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
They should make a movie about this bloke.

"The Negator"

Then for the Friday night SBS sequel that Zondor will stay up for, "The Negator: Goes Both Ways"

Teenage me would have recorded "The Negator" onto a video tape at it would be stored at the back of my cupboard.

Teenage me would have recorded "The Negator" onto a video tape at it would be stored at the back of my cupboard.

The first five minutes North highlights just so if anyone looks they don't think its anything it shouldn't be.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
The first five minutes North highlights just so if anyone looks they don't think its anything it shouldn't be.

Nah, teenage me was finishing early as it was.

Back