Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

Our season derailing before our eyes due to injury :(
Lucky there's still time to get back on the tracks and we've banked every win possible. Going to take a mighty effort from players like McKenzie, Wood, Nahas, Dumont, Ray, Mullett etc if we want the season to go as well as planned and make top four. At least our talls are untouched by injury, touch Mason.

Another Tom Browne going early just like the Walshy leaving next year thing.

Sounds like he'll at least miss this week though which is a shame.

Lucky there's still time to get back on the tracks and we've banked every win possible. Going to take a mighty effort from players like McKenzie, Wood, Nahas, Dumont, Ray, Mullett etc if we want the season to go as well as planned and make top four. At least our talls are untouched by injury, touch Mason.

For sure, opens up plenty of opportunities and hope the lads take them.

Just s**t news all this injury crap to key best 22 players.

Sad news, really rate this bloke. I've been on the bandwagon since we got him from port, it was a little rocky but once he found his role in the side you could see his confidence grow and form improve. Get well soon Ben.

Yeah, been very happy with him this year. Adds a lot more to our midfield defence than just tagging I think too. His and Wells's work have been the two greatest strengths of our midfield this year and now they're both out. So frustrating.

Foot injury to sideline Roo for several weeks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-19/foot-injury-to-sideline-roo-for-several-weeks

It's understood Jacobs has been managing a hot spot on his foot for much of this season, but pulled up sorer than usual after keeping Bombers midfielder David Zaharakis to just 12 possessions.

Although surgery remains an option, North is confident this would not end Jacobs' season.

However, the run-with midfielder is likely to be sidelined for at least several weeks.

Jacobs' injury follows the news last week Shaun Higgins would miss the next three months with a knee injury, while star midfielder Daniel Wells has suffered a minor recurrence of the Achilles tendinitis that sidelined him for most of last year.

Jacobs shapes as a big loss for North given his ability to shut down the opposition's most dangerous midfielder.

In addition to Zaharakis, the 24-year-old has limited the influence of players such as Daniel Rich (seven possessions), Nathan Jones (18) and Jack Steven (15) this year.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-05-19/foot-injury-to-sideline-roo-for-several-weeks

Yeah, been very happy with him this year. Adds a lot more to our midfield defence than just tagging I think too. His and Wells's work have been the two greatest strengths of our midfield this year and now they're both out. So frustrating.

Agree. Also Higgins. No he hasn't been as good as last year, but opposition watch him (like Wells) which helps others get space plus he is damaging and creates even off mid-teen touches in 'down' games.

Let's hope Ray, Nahas and youngsters can fill the void. 'Hope' being the word as i'm not confident they can.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne Director of Football Geoff Walsh has released the following statement regarding Ben Jacobs’ foot injury.
“We’ve been managing and closely monitoring an issue with Ben’s foot since January.

“A hot spot flared up this week and scans revealed a very small stress fracture in his fifth metatarsal.
“The club is now assessing various treatment options, with surgery a real possibility.
“Early advice is that if surgery is required, he’ll be looking at eight to ten weeks on the sidelines.
“Reports that Ben won’t return for the remainder of the home and away season are unfounded and speculative

Ch7 a bunch of tossbuckets for going early with "he's having surgery and is out for the year".

So you can say anything in the media and get away with it. Must be one of the rare professions in the world where you get paid to say whatever want, factual or otherwise, without consequence.

Ch7 a bunch of tossbuckets for going early with "he's having surgery and is out for the year".

So you can say anything in the media and get away with it. Must be one of the rare professions in the world where you get paid to say whatever want, factual or otherwise, without consequence.

Politics.

Ryan to learn the run with role over next 8 to 10 weeks. Good experience, and has the right head to learn the role and pace of the game.

What concerns me is that after multiple games on Etihad in a row Jacobs gets a stress fracture and Wells' achilles gets sore. They say one side of the ground in particular is just rock hard. It seems like if anyone has a susceptibility, Etihad is going to push it. I hope that's the reason Wells is missing this week - keep him off Etihad but play him on the SCG's couch.

Would be surprised to see him play again if he has surgery, purely because of how foot injuries tend to go. He'll get fit again, able to run, then break down again with another stress related problem.

Hope I'm wrong more than anything in the world, but we've seen how these things tend to go, unfortunately.

What concerns me is that after multiple games on Etihad in a row Jacobs gets a stress fracture and Wells' achilles gets sore. They say one side of the ground in particular is just rock hard. It seems like if anyone has a susceptibility, Etihad is going to push it. I hope that's the reason Wells is missing this week - keep him off Etihad but play him on the SCG's couch.
Spud did mention that as part of the reason he didn't play last week. Too many games at Etihad in a row.

Tom Browne broke the story, his track record when it comes to injuries and trade speculation is horrendous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back