Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

His season was over before it even started IMO.
It's hard to disagree with this. I remember attending the intra-club game on a balmy afternoon and noticing BJ standing by the bench but not kitted up. My inner-scrotal source informed me he'd had some foot troubles.... The rest is history. Was he rushed into Brads 'magnets glued to the board' 2016 dream team too soon? I would be leaning hard to yes.

It's hard to disagree with this. I remember attending the intra-club game on a balmy afternoon and noticing BJ standing by the bench but not kitted up. My inner-scrotal source informed me he'd had some foot troubles.... The rest is history. Was he rushed into Brads 'magnets glued to the board' 2016 dream team too soon? I would be leaning hard to yes.

I'm not generally in the habit of hammering the match committee / selections because leaving aside the whole what the hell would I know thing, there is obviously a big difference when it comes to having the inside information on injuries etc. BUuuuuutttttttt....

I agree 100% with (your assessment) of him being rushed (and said so pretty early on in the year). I rate what Jacobs does for us, but at the end of the day you shouldn't be rushing a tagger in the first handful of games for the year. Rushing a player for finals because you think they might be the difference - sure. If we roll the dice on say Waite or Higgins and it goes wrong costing us a final so be it if we think that's our only shot at a flag this year. But not at the other end of the year IMHO.

Last edited:
I'm not generally in the habit of hammering the match committee / selections because leaving aside the whole what the hell would I know thing, there is obviously a big difference when it comes to having the inside information on injuries etc. BUuuuuutttttttt....

I agree 100% with him being rushed (and said so pretty early on in the year). I rate what Jacobs does for us, but at the end of the day you shouldn't be rushing a tagger in the first handful of games for the year. Rushing a player for finals because you think they might be the difference - sure. If we roll the dice on say Waite or Higgins and it goes wrong costing us a final so be it if we think that's our only shot at a flag this year. But not at the other end of the year IMHO.

Yeh good thoughts.

I will disappear from the Board for my own well being if the injured return and go lame in a Final.

The meltdown will be pathetic.

Yeh good thoughts.

I will disappear from the Board for my own well being if the injured return and go lame in a Final.

There's a fine line though yeah? Returning and having no impact = rolled the dice and lost. Returning and suffering a serious recurrence or maybe unrelated but maybe not serious injury = not acceptable. That's why they get paid the big bucks eh?

Yeh good thoughts.

Won't happen, Gaso. We're too professional to play players who aren't fit and ready to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back