Past #5: Ben Jacobs - delisted after 64 NM games/10 NM goals - thanks Benny

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope we ain’t hiding anything about Jacobs injury which a lot of clubs tend to do

Anyone on the inner have any news?

Hope he trains this week, he is absolutely crucial

Had completed all training including match simulation, looked ready to go, but our Health and well being team decided it would be best if he missed another week. And we reassess from there:rolleyes:.

As i said during a conversation if this impacts him later in life he could always become a commentator.....

How is he allowed to do match simulation training but then not play?

We are gun shy after the Lachie bullshit imo.

Well let's go from the start of 2015 - that's when Waite arrived and Jacobs became a tagger during that year.

North with Ben Jacobs in - Played: 42 Won: 28 Lost: 14
North with Ben Jacobs out - Played: 42 Won: 13 Lost: 29

North with Jarrad Waite in - Played: 56 Won: 35 Lost: 21
North with Jarrad Waite out - Played: 28 Won: 6 Lost: 22

North with neither Waite or Jacobs - Played: 23 Won: 4 Lost: 19
Wow, that is damning. Far too reliant on them both.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well let's go from the start of 2015 - that's when Waite arrived and Jacobs became a tagger during that year.

North with Ben Jacobs in - Played: 42 Won: 28 Lost: 14 = 67% win
North with Ben Jacobs out - Played: 42 Won: 13 Lost: 29 = 30% win

North with Jarrad Waite in - Played: 56 Won: 35 Lost: 21 = 63% win
North with Jarrad Waite out - Played: 28 Won: 6 Lost: 22 = 21% win

North with neither Waite or Jacobs - Played: 23 Won: 4 Lost: 19 = 17% win
%s added.

North with both Waite and Jacobs - Played: 37 Won: 26 Lost: 11 = 70% win

That's an incredibly concerning statistic, especially when you consider that we went about 50/50 with both of them in during the first portion of 2015 before Jacobs started tagging. (Mitigated, I suppose, by Jacobs being out during an entire season where we suffered various other injury issues, but still...)

North with Ben Jacobs in - Played: 42 Won: 28 Lost: 14
North with Ben Jacobs out - Played: 42 Won: 13 Lost: 29

North with Jarrad Waite in - Played: 56 Won: 35 Lost: 21
North with Jarrad Waite out - Played: 28 Won: 6 Lost: 22

North with neither Waite or Jacobs - Played: 23 Won: 4 Lost: 19

%s added.

Shall we run a book on which Footy Show will be the first to steal this analysis and claim it has their own?

Yes, this is alarming, albeit, not at all surprising. The real worry, I suppose is Waites’ age and the fact that they’ve both had extended absences due to injuries. I’m sure, Adelaide’s win/loss doesn’t look great without Sloane. Ditto West Coast... How would Richmond go if Cotchen and Riewoldt were both out for a sustained period? Doesn’t help us, I know. However, every team has players that are crucial to them. Unfortunately, ours get injured too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure, Adelaide’s win/loss doesn’t look great without Sloane. Ditto West Coast... How would Richmond go if Cotchen and Riewoldt were both out for a sustained period?
Adelaide losing Sloane and Richmond losing Cotchen will be more like us losing Higgins or Cunners, ie a lot worse IMO.

How is he allowed to do match simulation training but then not play?

We are gun shy after the Lachie bullshit imo.

We can't afford a lawsuit if a player ever turned on the club over a negligence issue.

It's probably why the medical staff are so anal about signing off on him, and the responsibility might rest with them.

I reckon Patch Adams retirement probably had a bit to do with it.

Concussion is one of the injuries that's just not worth taking a risk on. Long term effects can be so hidden and then devastating. Patch's story an example of what starts to happen when you push it, and sheesh, if even Lachie was concerned, well then you know it's a big deal. We have some pretty awful stuff happen to hockey players here that shows up years later that's been traced to concussion. Suicides, depression, etc. Just not worth it. All the best to Benny J. We miss you like mad, but geez, get looked after properly. It'll be worth it for everyone in the long run.

Had completed all training including match simulation, looked ready to go, but our Health and well being team decided it would be best if he missed another week. And we reassess from there:rolleyes:.

As i said during a conversation if this impacts him later in life he could always become a commentator.....

What exactly do the H&W team do to determine this? Is he asked to do the benchmark tests or something?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What exactly do the H&W team do to determine this? Is he asked to do the benchmark tests or something?

images

A crock of shite is what it is," how are you feeling? Are you 100% okay? Using the doll where did he touch you"?

" in the bloody nineties every single player on the list would have been cleared to play".

Players welfare is no joke, but gees. He was picked and ready to go, reckon he'll return this week for sure.

images

A crock of shite is what it is," how are you feeling? Are you 100% okay? Using the doll where did he touch you"?

" in the bloody nineties every single player on the list would have been cleared to play".

Players welfare is no joke, but gees. He was picked and ready to go, reckon he'll return this week for sure.

The coach said he was picked but not ready to go. He was picked on the assumption he was going to pass more tests.

North with both Waite and Jacobs - Played: 37 Won: 26 Lost: 11 = 70% win

That's an incredibly concerning statistic, especially when you consider that we went about 50/50 with both of them in during the first portion of 2015 before Jacobs started tagging. (Mitigated, I suppose, by Jacobs being out during an entire season where we suffered various other injury issues, but still...)

Not sure that rats n stats can explain the * loss, if we kicked the 6 sodas we would have won, so if it's not their skill sets that necessarily mean we win more what else do they bring to the team that means we win 70% of games with them in the team? Sure I get that if they were in we would most likely have won 'cos of their skills but they must also add intangibles such as mental toughness and resolve to the group. IMO Woods and BBB were put off by the big crowd when lining up the easy shots, maybe if Waite had been there he might have talked to them and help them focus??

Roos tagger still in doubt with concussion issues
Nick Bowen
Jul 5, 2018 1:05PM

599856-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Ben Jacobs remains in doubt after two weeks out with delayed concussion

It's a sense of déjà vu when I stand here three or four days before the game suspecting that he'll play and then him not coming upBrad Scott
NORTH Melbourne is hopeful Ben Jacobs will return for Sunday's clash against Gold Coast, but the run-with midfielder is yet to be cleared of lingering concussion after-effects.

Sidelined since North's round 12 loss to Geelong, Jacobs was named in North's team for last Sunday's clash against Essendon, but was a late withdrawal.

The 26-year-old was set to train on Thursday with the Kangaroos' main group, but coach Brad Scott said he remained in doubt for Sunday's game.

"It's a process that he's gone through the past couple of weeks, so he knows the process pretty well and he'll train again today," Scott said on Thursday.

"The news is fairly positive, but again it's a sense of déjà vu when I stand here three or four days before the game suspecting that he'll play and then him not coming up.

"All we can do is back our doctors in and just assure our players that we won't play them unless we're 100 per cent certain that they're fit to play."

Something very unusual about this. Seems we are not even sure how he ended up with concussion. I'm sure the club is looking after Ben's welfare first and thats the most important thing.

Something very unusual about this. Seems we are not even sure how he ended up with concussion. I'm sure the club is looking after Ben's welfare first and thats the most important thing.

“We can’t pinpoint an exact incident that has happened, whether it was the cumulation of a number of knocks or whether it was one significant incident earlier in the year. We’re not sure.” - Brad Scott

Can anyone pinpoint this?

“We can’t pinpoint an exact incident that has happened, whether it was the cumulation of a number of knocks or whether it was one significant incident earlier in the year. We’re not sure.” - Brad Scott

Can anyone pinpoint this?

I mentioned above about a memory of a knock in the Brisbane game but I can't remember any of the details, probably because at the time he seemed okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back