5 best player performances you’ve ever seen in your lifetime ...exclude your own team

Remove this Banner Ad

Malcolm Blight for North in a game against Carlton at Princes Park in the mid 1970s, when he dominated, kicking many goals, including the match-winner after the siren, a conservative 75 metre torp that went post-high through the goals. What a gun he was!

I saw many outstanding performances, a lot of them already mentioned here.

But what i would have loved to see, only a few Catters fans here probably saw. Ablett Snr and Diesel in their young prime across the centre line that year under the freewheeling Tommy Hafey.

The ol bull artist himself, Teddy Whitten, commentated those games for K-Rock and years later in a moment of seriousness said that it was by far the best football he has ever seen.

That centreline of Ablett Snr Williams Turner all running amok under Tommy would have been some sight to see.

I saw many outstanding performances, a lot of them already mentioned here.

But what i would have loved to see, only a few Catters fans here probably saw. Ablett Snr and Diesel in their young prime across the centre line that year under the freewheeling Tommy Hafey.

The ol bull artist himself, Teddy Whitten, commentated those games for K-Rock and years later in a moment of seriousness said that it was by far the best football he has ever seen.

That centreline of Ablett Snr Williams Turner all running amok under Tommy would have been some sight to see.
It was.

Ablett snr vs Richmond demolished too many times .
Nic Nat most superhuman player I’ve seen.
Tony Lockett Pure goal kicking machine.

Oh and Carey......another superhuman.

koutafides vs west coast, round 5 1996

carey vs melbourne, round 17 1996

dusy 2017, just pick a game

jumping jack vs s**t coast, round 21 2018

tyrone vickery vs west coast, round 18 2014

Amazing thing about Ablett Sr is you could make a case for all five spots going to him. Truly one of a kind.

Lockett in the mid to late 90s at the Swans was quiet for a half and Dunstall was doing well. Then in the 2nd half Lockett decided to kick about 10.

The day he smashed Peter Caven's face in and then tried to kill poor old Kenny and the rest of the old nuffies in the Swannies cheer squad by belting a torp at them from about 3 metres out.

When Paul Chapman was on he absolutely ripped games apart.
Go no further than the 2009 GF.....Criminally underrated when talking about great Grand Final performances!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not going to give any of these dudes a record because they are all truthfully wanting a leg up...

Just saying that they are short changing themselves and yet the muzzle is on...

The day he smashed Peter Caven's face in and then tried to kill poor old Kenny and the rest of the old nuffies in the Swannies cheer squad by belting a torp at them from about 3 metres out.

Love him giving the fist to the pensioners behind the goals when the siren goes. That's probably my vote - he was the most frightening footballer when he was on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back