2012 Stats:
Disposals:
330 (Av 15.7)
Marks: 80 (Av 3.8)
Tackles: 36 (Av 1.7)
Goals: 2

EARLY ON:

Profile:
Well built defender who reads the play very well. He is a team-oriented player, an excellent kick, has clean ball handling skills and makes good decisions with the footy. Representing Vic Metro at the NAB AFL U18 Championships he had an outstanding game against NSW/ACT, gathering 29 disposals. He averaged 18.2 disposals, at 75.8 per cent effectiveness, Under 18s.
The Club Said:
He's a terrific story. He's one of the best kicks in the draft, which was a high priority for us, and he's a terrific contested-ball player. Given the importance of that, we think he'll settle into our team very, very quickly. I love his competitiveness and the way he kicks the footy. To complement that, he's got fantastic character. His interview was one the best I've ever done. It was terrific. His father having throat cancer - obviously such a serious illness - and how that affected the family, and the role Brandon played in that, was terrific

He is an elite kick of the football and has a real weapon with his penetration and accuracy. He is also extremely brave with his attack on the ball, is an excellent decision-maker across half-back, and he possesses elite endurance.

He is also an outstanding young man, who is very driven, and we feel confident he will realise his significant potential with us.

Pre Draft Video:

Arriving at Tigerland:

Last edited by a moderator:
Season 2012:

Brandon arrived at The Tigers with a reputation as an elite kick with excellent endurance and a very competitive spirit. He also was highly regarded as an individual with solid values and leadership traits.

During his 21 first season games Brandon certainly displayed all of these characteristics and established himself as a key member of the Tigers 22 and a vital cog for the years ahead.

2012 match highlights:
Round 4 v Geelong: 19 Disposals & 5 Tackles
Round 15 v Melbourne: 21 Disposals & 3 Tackles
Round 16 v Gold Coast: 24 Disposals & 12 Marks
Round 17 v Nth Melbourne: 21 Disposals & 5 Marks
Round 18 v Carlton: 20 Disposals & 3 Tackles

2012 Highlights:

It was probably this 1 month period between rounds 15 to 18 that Ellis really demostrated his worth to the Tigers for the future:
A first year player would have been entitled to be tiring at this stage of the season and in a period where The Tigers experienced 3 very dissapointing losses it was Brandon's ability to play his best football for the year during this month that stamped him as a very exciting prospect for a fine career at Tigerland.

Ellis reflects on his 2012, Rond 17 NAB Rising Star Nomination:

Feedback Re. 1st season as a Tiger:
(From RFC website)

"Brandon has ticked every box since arriving at the club and the way he worked his way into the senior side is a credit to his work rate and determination. His attitude on and off the field has been outstanding. We've also been impressed with his versatility and his ability to play a number of roles for us this year, including as a running defender and a midfielder." – Damien Hardwick after round 17.

Images from First Season:

Take close look at these Tigers.... Clearly demonstartes why this kid will be an absolute Gun!!! You can see it in his eyes...

Brandon+Ellis+AFL+Rd+5+Richmond+v+West+Coast+HLLZHL0Iq39l.jpg

058057-brandon-ellis.jpg

760053-brandon-ellis.jpg

740218-brandon-ellis.jpg

162574-brandon-ellis.jpg

Brandon+Ellis+AFL+Rd+1+Richmond+v+Carlton+LXUQOXJqS3Ol.jpg

Brandon+Ellis+AFL+Rd+5+Richmond+v+West+Coast+hFZeu0Zni3el.jpg

Brandon+Ellis+xtqEBN4PrDum.jpg

Brandon Ellis personal Q & A
(Thanks to the RFC website + Wacky T for the idea...)

ellis246b.jpg

As well as playing great footy, I’d like to be remembered for: my hard work and willingness to put my body on the line time and time again for my team mates

Most memorable victory (AFL or non-AFL): Calder cannons premiership 2010

Most admired player at another club: Brent Harvey

Favourite ground to play on: etihad stadium... Haven't play on the MCG yet.

Weights or running: weights

What would you prefer – mark of the year or goal of the year: if it was to win a game then goal of the year, if not, then mark of the year

Which skill do you need to most work on: pick up lines

Complete this line…with two minutes to go in the 2012 Grand Final: Todd Elton takes a screamer 50m out directly in front, he decides to play on and kick on his left foot, and miraculously it goes through the middle.... for a point, which puts us 1 point up.

Who will be Mike Sheahan’s No. 1 ranked player by the end of 2012: Gibson Turner

You are running 30 minutes late to an early morning beach recovery session. What’s your excuse: was waiting for mum to get up and make me breakfast

Favourite meal the night before a game: big juicy bowl of tuna pasta

What music helps you get ‘in the zone’ before a game: a bit of "doosh doosh"

One thing you would change about the world: peace and no hunger

PlayStation or Xbox? And what’s your favourite game: play station... The girls in the Playboy mansion

Who would win My Kitchen Rules at your club? And what’s their signature dish: Todd Elton because He can cook a "mint" gluten free pasta

Your favourite line from a movie: "smile you son of a b@$&h!!

What’s your favourite dance move: Chicken dance

What is your favourite holiday destination in Australia: Queensland

Where would you recommend visiting within your state: Footscray market

Nice work Roachy.

As for Brandon kid will be a gun, great get at 15. Massive motor for his age and very solid, will be like Heath Shaw on the field very soon IMO. Off field he will be much better then Heath Shaw;)

Brandon Ellis personal Q & A
(Thanks to the RFC website + Wacky T for the idea...)

ellis246b.jpg
Haha no worries Roachy. Although not 100% sure young Brando filled in all of that Q & A. Either hes a prankster or one of the lads had a bit of fun with it, haha

Quite fitting that our young gun features heavily this week on the RFC website...

Ellis Driven To Succeed

“I just want to get the best out of myself. I know that if I want to have a long career at the Richmond Football Club, I need to improve every year,” Ellis said.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2013-02-14/ellis-driven-to-succeed

Plus was the first Tiger player to guest upon the return of the Talking Tigers Podcast in 2013..... Very appropriate listen here:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2013-02-13/talking-tigers-2013-episode-1

LOVE THIS KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brandon had a forgetable game 1 of 2013.... made a couple of uncharacteristic mistakes early and after copping a head knock in the 2nd, faded before being subbed out in the 4th.
Won't be the first 200 game player to have a poor night and now has the opportunity to fight back which he definitely will because he is a fine footballer and has great character.
You could see it in his eyes when shown in the red vest in the 4th and after the game.... was absolutely filhy on himself and did not really celebrate with enthusiasm with his teamates.

& poo and wee on those who up until this time yesterday were talking up his pre-season and potential only to swipe him after one poor game.
Critisize his game sure... but not his potential and likely career. :thumbsdown:

Stick with it Branden! :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Played as the sub in Round 2 v The Saints and although he only was activated early in the 4th Qtr, picked up 5 quality disposals.... some of which were vital mid-way through the qtr as we fought off the Saints surge.

Highlighted here: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/tea...ry-over-st-kilda/story-e6frf9mx-1226613651276
Two big plays, among plenty on the night, were significant for the Tigers.

In the last quarter, sub Brandon Ellis and Reece Conca won huge 50-50 contests in the middle of the ground that didn't result in goals, but which helped lean momentum in Richmond's direction.
Also took a ripper contested mark as well as a courageous contest to spoil a Nick Riewoldt mark on the HFF.

(& after last week some were calling him soft.... Pfffttttt....)

Probably pushed himself back into the first 21 for next week. :thumbsu:

Round 5 v Freo:
25 disposals @ 92% Disp eff.
11 contested
5 clearances
5 rebound 50's
MASSIVE COURAGE - 1 mark in particular

Kid should never be out of our best 21.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
Want him fixed on a wing from now on. What a great performance, deserves votes. If he keeps building on performances like that he'll be in our top 5 players.

BOG..............

To elaborate for prosperity:

Round 8 - 2013 v Melbourne MCG. Sunday 19th May.
39 disposals ... 25 kicks, 14 handballs @ 79%.
10 contested possessions
11 marks
3 tackles
5 inside 50's
1 goal

& 3 Brownlow votes. ;)

Young fella had a dash of rotten luck!
After a ripper month of footy after binning the dreaded green vest (thanks coach!) culminating in a BOG 3 x Charlie 39 disposals v Melb in round 8, kid twanged a hammy during training and will be laid up now until round 11 after our bye.
Pitty because we certainly missed his output and foot skills v Essendon.

Best wishes young man!

Great return match for Brandon last Saturday v The Crows.
After missing 3 weeks (1 the bye) due to a hammy, kid came straight back in a was one of our best.
23 disposals (16 kicks)
5 marks
6 tackles
2 goals 2

Very valuable player... only 2nd year.... 19 years old still..... WOW! :eek: :thumbsu:

Further great news for The Tigers and Brandon Ellis...

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ri...is-nick-vlastuin/story-fndv8t7m-1226665859062

RICHMOND has locked away young guns Brandon Ellis and Nick Vlastuin.

"They started talking to my manager the week before the Melbourne game ... and I said whatever they offer me, just take it - I want to sign,'' Ellis told theHerald Sun.
"We are on the verge of something special in the next few years, I think
Brilliant attitude from a young man who clearly loves The Tigers..... GUN!

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

(Thanks to Calcium Man for the 'heads up' on the article...)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back