Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh dear re-read the bolded bit...Brando fumbles the spinning ball even slightly......or picks a different option.....or hesitates for a split second as he sometime does....or his handball was a foot off in any direction and its NO GOAL, considering he was working in a phone box, a wet skewiff heavy ball, he is absolutely stuffed and with only 4 minutes left i would say his effort and execution was sublime and match winning.
It's amazing how some still try to find fault even when he does something so important to the team and end result.

Just to help us, how about you give us a couple of run of time moments (eg Q4 - 11.26) that these events have actually taken place if you have a copy of the replay to pick them out. Be really interesting to spot them.
huh...why???....dimma knows all about them.

huh...why???....dimma knows all about them.

Cos you are the one telling us they all occur. Just love to have a little bit of evidence is all. If it's too hard, dont bother.

Cheers for the personal insult it really strengthens your point.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

We could just keep playing the same players who haven’t performed and cross our fingers that it’ll suddenly change, or we can look for different players that will give us more.
Shane Edwards would never have played another game for us let alone a final after 2015!!
Ellis is also a more mature player now.

Then there were 50 other equally or more sublime efforts that you need to look at as well using your own criteria. I haven't denigrated Ellis's play in that moment, it was sound and he did as he should have done. I think the effort on Nelson and Jack's kick were superior moments, and Ellis was the easier required link in that chain, that he acquitted well.
NO...the pressue on Nelson was good but standard good.....sorry you don't get it.... there was NO margin for error. if anything, Jack should have split the middle, it missed the post my a bees dick.

Shane Edwards would never have played another game for us let alone a final after 2015!!
Ellis is also a more mature player now.

That’s not a bad point about Edwards, except that they both played the same amount of finals at that point (3). Then when they each played another 3 finals in 2017 Edwards had 24, 19 and 25 touches. Ellis had 9, 12 and 14.

For mine, that’s more than enough chances.

NO...the pressue on Nelson was good but standard good.....sorry you don't get it.... there was NO margin for error. if anything, Jack should have split the middle, it missed the post my a bees dick.

Ah, I'm the one that doesn't get it? Yeah right. So you are in the Bazzar camp of Ellis was a 'large part in helping winning the game'. He was good Ellis, he just wasn't as pivotal as claimed IMHO. Ellis played his role. It pleases everyone.

Ah, I'm the one that doesn't get it? Yeah right. So you are in the Bazzar camp of Ellis was a 'large part in helping winning the game'. He was good Ellis, he just wasn't as pivotal as claimed IMHO. Ellis played his role. It pleases everyone.
No offence, but the intensity and the delicacy of the situation and considering the 100s of fumbles in the 2 hours the pressure cooker of such a crackerjack game, i don't think you could possibly understand how crucial ellis was when its been one of his biggest criticisms rightly or wrongly.

The biggest impact you can point to is a bunch of 6 and 7 ratings? You realize 6 means average? Anything less than a 6 is bad.

For a guy who’s played as much footy as he has, he should be producing a lot more in finals.
That’s not a bad point about Edwards, except that they both played the same amount of finals at that point (3). Then when they each played another 3 finals in 2017 Edwards had 24, 19 and 25 touches. Ellis had 9, 12 and 14.

For mine, that’s more than enough chances.
Absolutely, Shane Edwards has become an A Grade star, however, he played a completely different role to Ellis/McIntosh etc in the 2017 finals series.
If players like Brandon, that are bottom 6 players in your eyes, play consistent 6/7 games in finals then we are going to win far more than we lose.
This is our great strength and what makes us a pretty good TEAM.
Martin, Cotchin, Rance, Grimes, Reiwoldt, Edwards, Lynch, Prestia, Vlaustin and Lambert are elite or A Grade, Ellis, Nankervis, Astbury, Rioli, Castagna, Short, McIntosh, Caddy, Broad, Graham, Soldo are all solid B Graders with moments of A Grade performance and Higgins, Stack, Chol, Ross, Bolton, Baker etc are all exciting prospects that can be anything.
If that middle group all play 6/7 games then we will s**t in the flag... IMHO.

Cheers for the personal insult it really strengthens your point.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing and expecting a different result.

We could just keep playing the same players who haven’t performed and cross our fingers that it’ll suddenly change, or we can look for different players that will give us more.
brando has proven himself already to be a good player. he wasnt a liability in any of the finals either. he played his role during 2017

It's amazing how some still try to find fault even when he does something so important to the team and end result.
it's not Brando's fault that he was taken as a first round pick and some of his biggest critics expect better, and it appears some of the ones who won't let it go are the ones that have only ever seen footy from one side of the fence or on the telly. :p :p ;) ;) :p :p

i swear even when he plays a good game its the same people who brando has probably pissed off before in real life nitpicking at every bad play. every player will have something negative in a game if you look closely enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No offence, but the intensity and the delicacy of the situation and considering the 100s of fumbles in the 2 hours the pressure cooker of such a crackerjack game, i don't think you could possibly understand how crucial ellis was when its been one of his biggest criticisms rightly or wrongly.

Perhaps if I hadn't player footy for over 25 years, I might be a bit more careful claiming what I'm saying, but that Ellis ball, whilst crucial in relation to the time of the game, the action he was involved in was regulation enough. That's what they simulate at training. It was well executed, no question, but I'd say it has been a bit amped up for effect by certain people. Clearly we have different experiences if you think Jack's kicking of that goal was less significant than Ellis's pick up and handball.

Perhaps if I hadn't player footy for over 25 years, I might be a bit more careful claiming what I'm saying, but that Ellis ball, whilst crucial in relation to the time of the game, the action he was involved in was regulation enough. That's what they simulate at training. It was well executed, no question, but I'd say it has been a bit amped up for effect by certain people. Clearly we have different experiences if you think Jack's kicking of that goal was less significant than Ellis's pick up and handball.
Nothing wrong with a bit of extra mayo!

You see, this is where you are a bit tricky and cunning. You asked me why I lol'ed and I explained. I clearly think Brandon played well and did well. I've said it.

You are just not happy that when some people don't want to match your level of fawning. You try and turn that into 'finding fault'.

Then there are also just as few who seem to have a desire to put Brandon's OK efforts into some sort pit of destruction.

Happily, the vast majority sit somewhere in middle, myself included.

yes i did rate brandos pick up and dish off slightly more than the nelson pressure or the jack finish however magnificent by all concerned.. it is also worth noting jack had 2 kicks in that play and both tigers gut ran ran from the back half....extra tick maybe for brando tho as he had the elite gaff as his man in this period. and well done on 25 years plus of footy..thats makes it both of us :)

[]

yes i did rate brandos pick up and dish off slightly more than the nelson pressure or the jack finish however magnificent by all concerned.. it is also worth noting jack had 2 kicks in that play and both tigers gut ran ran from the back half....extra tick maybe for brando tho as he had the elite gaff as his man in this period. and well done on 25 years plus of footy..thats makes it both of us :)
This is how it was reported in todays paper

ATTACH=full]729981[/ATTACH 20190819_134056.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back