Player Watch #5: Brandon Ellis - off to GC pick 39 as compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair, but specifically how so in this case?

Balta with another preseason would be simply awesome on a wing.

Playing Ross inside and one of the current options moving wide would work fine

Naish and Turner are suited better to the hbf but its not wild to surgest they could be handy on a wing

The only one possible to replace Ellis or maybe I should say compete for a spot that you’ve listed at the moment I would say is Naish, balta as a rotator as I don’t see him as a full game wingman, naish still has to build a tank, will burn out before finals easily, still a bit lanky and fragile but long term for me would be naish , I don’t think Ellis is immediately replaceable next year , he may get less games though

Well he did coach us to a premiership. Do you think he's kicking himself for not playing Brando in the last prelim .. will he have the guts to do it again ?

There were lots of reasons why we lost the prelim but Brandon Ellis missing is not one of them.

Ellis didn't play in the last prelim.
Insane to claim he should be omitted.
In my opinion, Ellis is an essential player.
Light years ahead of Menadue, Markov.

Correct
Not that insane - probably the worst in our team last week
Handy but not essential - No "I" in team.
Ahead yes, not that much light though - need a feeler gauge maybe

There were lots of reasons why we lost the prelim but Brandon Ellis missing is not one of them.

Was probably part of, a structure thing at the least, but playing a sick Astbury was stupid, and something not right with dusty too from memory? They were the main reasons. But playing Ellis would have been better overall and minor things can be the difference

The only player who is interchangeable with Ellis is KMac.
The others are not up to it and it is insane to claim they are.
Ellis leads defensive space covered and is an essential player in my book.

That's not how teams work
Not insane as they are playing there in VFL to be readied
Ellis is great in space, there is no contact in space. Make sure that book has a small print run or we'll see it at NQR

Was probably part of, a structure thing at the least, but playing a sick Astbury was stupid, and something not right with dusty too from memory? They were the main reasons. But playing Ellis would have been better overall and minor things can be the difference
Kmac came in and kicked 3 against the Hawks.
Don’t forget Ellis was dropped for four weeks a few games into the season last year as well as for finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore is my favourite of the trio, but next year will be a make or break year for Moore, Menadue and Markov.
Insane to criticise Ellis.
Robinson is one of Brisbane's toughest players, arguably the toughest, and you claim one of the VFL level players could step up and be better than Ellis? lel
AgileThisAfricangroundhornbill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
The only player who is interchangeable with Ellis is KMac.
The others are not up to it and it is insane to claim they are.
Ellis leads defensive space covered and is an essential player in my book.

Brandon's role is essential. Doesn't have to be Brando playing it though.

Last week George and Caddy ended up on the wings. Would not be surprised if that's what they do in the prelim and someone comes in to the forward line at Brandon's expense.

Macca has his own limitations; he can be a bit of a clanger merchant delivering into the forward line but he's not soft, and chaos ball still works if he does stuff up the delivery. So maybe Macca comes in.

I'd like Stack to come in if he somehow can. Even Pickett. Neither are squibs.

All IMHO.

Not dropping someone into the hole to stop Cox marking, and not manning up Sidebottom lost it for us.

Luckily Cox has been worked out and now injured anyhow.

Not dropping someone into the hole to stop Cox marking, and not manning up Sidebottom lost it for us.

Luckily Cox has been worked out and now injured anyhow.

Yep, always thought before and after the game astbury was certain to be omitted for Garth! Although after seeing Garth’s games this year don’t think it would of made any difference

Ellis is a proven premiership player.
It's great to hypothesise and make ambit claims on emerging VFL players but they're not up to it.
Robinson would have torn them apart the other night.

Ellis was a proven premiership player.
It's great to hypothesise and make ambit claims on emerging VFL players but they're not up to it.
Robinson would have torn them apart the other night.

Ambit claims are as ambit claims are given..................

Remove this Banner Ad

Back